ImageImageImage

Iowa Wolves/G League talk

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,713

Re: Iowa Wolves/G League talk 

Post#441 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Not sure anyone will care but Justin Patton is still working on becoming an NBA player after multiple foot breaks, he signed with OKC for 3 years at the minimum before the season started.
Read on Twitter
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#442 » by minimus » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:46 pm

AirP. wrote:Not sure anyone will care but Justin Patton is still working on becoming an NBA player after multiple foot breaks, he signed with OKC for 3 years at the minimum before the season started.

I wish he did not have those injuries and still play for us!
minimus
RealGM

Post#443 » by minimus » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 am

Read on Twitter

Our backup wing scorer next seasons
minimus
RealGM

Post#444 » by minimus » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:16 am

Read on Twitter

Jedzz, rejoice my friend!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#445 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:44 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#446 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:01 am

Is Minny one of the teams smart enough to structure their G-league team as a similar style to how they play and trial run things using it too?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#447 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:20 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:Is Minny one of the teams smart enough to structure their G-league team as a similar style to how they play and trial run things using it too?

Yup. Iowa coach talks about it here (his interview starts at about 17:00, answer to those questions is at about 19:30)

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#448 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:39 am

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#449 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:07 pm

I think someone to keep an eye on this summer is James Webb III. He's someone who was playing in Long Island a couple years ago and is now in Iowa (spent a year in Germany in between). Similar story as some kid named Jordan McLaughlin. Once you get past all of the guys through Iowa who've spent guys with the NBA club, Webb is one with some of the greatest production for the Wolves.

From what I've read, he's got some solid defensive instincts as well, though I wouldn't sign him expecting him to be Covington right off the bat. But could he be one of our two-way contracts next season? I wouldn't rule it out.

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#450 » by Jedzz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:28 am

Someone previously posted about Webb in this thread who was going off a bit while Reid, Nowell, Martin were up.
ESPOMAN
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#451 » by ESPOMAN » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:58 am

With Jordan, Naz, and Martin are all playing a good deal on the main team do they have to be signed to a different contract if the 45 days or whatever it is runs out? Also it looks like Spellman will go to Iowa. Curious to see how he does there.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#452 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:11 am

ESPOMAN wrote:With Jordan, Naz, and Martin are all playing a good deal on the main team do they have to be signed to a different contract if the 45 days or whatever it is runs out? Also it looks like Spellman will go to Iowa. Curious to see how he does there.

Naz is on a regular deal now. The 2-ways are just McLaughlin and Martin. They have to be signed to an actual contract if their days run out. I haven't fact checked this, but a poster in here said once the G-league season is over they're free to join the team again though.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#453 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
ESPOMAN wrote:With Jordan, Naz, and Martin are all playing a good deal on the main team do they have to be signed to a different contract if the 45 days or whatever it is runs out? Also it looks like Spellman will go to Iowa. Curious to see how he does there.

Naz is on a regular deal now. The 2-ways are just McLaughlin and Martin. They have to be signed to an actual contract if their days run out. I haven't fact checked this, but a poster in here said once the G-league season is over they're free to join the team again though.

Correct. The 45-day clock does not include days once the Iowa season is over. Regular season finale is March 28. Same as the start of the season. Clock didn't start until Iowa training camp started either, so like after the first week of the NBA season.

minimus
RealGM

Post#454 » by minimus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Read on Twitter
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#455 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:09 pm

Klomp....Webb will be 27 this year. How much more upside can he have? I like the highlights, but where has he been? I know there are some Cinderella stories out there, but it seems like he may be at his peak. Would love it if he were 24-25, but what do I know, he could have a good 5 years left in him. Will be interesting considering they only pay J Mc and Martin pennies on the buck, he might be worth a look for low pay. He's already a man, so no curve there. I will keep an eye on him.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#456 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:37 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Klomp....Webb will be 27 this year. How much more upside can he have? I like the highlights, but where has he been? I know there are some Cinderella stories out there, but it seems like he may be at his peak. Would love it if he were 24-25, but what do I know, he could have a good 5 years left in him. Will be interesting considering they only pay J Mc and Martin pennies on the buck, he might be worth a look for low pay. He's already a man, so no curve there. I will keep an eye on him.

I don't think I said anything about upside. I'm looking for 2-way guys who we might be interested in to fill a role.

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#457 » by Dewey » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Klomp wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Klomp....Webb will be 27 this year. How much more upside can he have? I like the highlights, but where has he been? I know there are some Cinderella stories out there, but it seems like he may be at his peak. Would love it if he were 24-25, but what do I know, he could have a good 5 years left in him. Will be interesting considering they only pay J Mc and Martin pennies on the buck, he might be worth a look for low pay. He's already a man, so no curve there. I will keep an eye on him.

I don't think I said anything about upside. I'm looking for 2-way guys who we might be interested in to fill a role.

Ya some guys are in the MLB minors for years and have lots of highlights too, but never more than a prospect.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
minimus
RealGM

Post#458 » by minimus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:55 am

Read on Twitter
minimus
RealGM

Post#459 » by minimus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Since KAT is out I'd call Spellman
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#460 » by Jedzz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:33 am

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Since KAT is out I'd call Spellman

The problem is he's one of 50 PF players we have that aren't quite Centers.

I know many seem to believe we can copy the rockets choices to use small forwards as a Center. But, no. We can't get away with that without suffering. As we do with KAT(PF).

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves