Iowa Wolves/G League talk

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Re: Iowa Wolves/G League talk 

Post#701 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:13 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I thought he was playing G League basketball. I thought maybe he had to participate in the Gleague draft to get on a team.

Victor's French team played against the G League Ignite team in the preseason as an exhibition game. He is not in the G League nor will he ever play a minute in the G League.

I thought he was in Gleague. Kuminga and other recent draftees were right? Scoot the expected #2 pick is on the Ignite team? That's another GLeaguer. Does Victor get paid to play for his French team?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#702 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:16 pm

winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I thought he was playing G League basketball. I thought maybe he had to participate in the Gleague draft to get on a team.

Victor's French team played against the G League Ignite team in the preseason as an exhibition game. He is not in the G League nor will he ever play a minute in the G League.

But he will play summer league ;)

I went to SL this year. Guess I'll have to do it again next year. If Victor actually plays in it. He might feel he's too special for that.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#703 » by winforlose » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:42 pm

Josh Primo just got waived. Any value as a two way? I am honestly asking, I don’t know much about him.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#704 » by wolves_89 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:58 pm

winforlose wrote:Josh Primo just got waived. Any value as a two way? I am honestly asking, I don’t know much about him.

In terms of upside there would be huge value. Unfortunately, it seems very likely that there was some major character or off-court problem since teams pretty much never waive 19-year-old recent lottery picks (especially after they already picked up his 2023-24 team option).
winforlose
General Manager

Post#705 » by winforlose » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:03 am

wolves_89 wrote:
winforlose wrote:Josh Primo just got waived. Any value as a two way? I am honestly asking, I don’t know much about him.

In terms of upside there would be huge value. Unfortunately, it seems very likely that there was some major character or off-court problem since teams pretty much never waive 19-year-old recent lottery picks (especially after they already picked up his 2023-24 team option).

I read Pop won’t talk about it. I know his numbers are crap, but as you said he was a lottery pick last year. Also he is young enough that time in Iowa could really benefit him. But, as you said the situation stinks to high heaven.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#706 » by Nick K » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:13 am

If Popp cuts him I'd stay away. The don't make many mistakes.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Post#707 » by Domejandro » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:12 am

winforlose wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

I read Pop won’t talk about it. I know his numbers are crap, but as you said he was a lottery pick last year. Also he is young enough that time in Iowa could really benefit him. But, as you said the situation stinks to high heaven.

Josh Primo is definitely untouchable until we get more information on the situation, unfortunately.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#708 » by winforlose » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:44 am

Domejandro wrote:
winforlose wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

Josh Primo is definitely untouchable until we get more information on the situation, unfortunately.

I tend to agree. That is why I asked instead of saying let’s get him. Something smells wrong here.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#709 » by winforlose » Sat Nov 5, 2022 8:21 pm

In addition to the Timberwolves game tonight, the Iowa Wolves debut at 7pm. I am looking into ways to watch and will update this post with more info.

Edit to update: No luck so far. It doesn’t appear televised, but maybe streamable. If anyone knows anything that can help please share it here.

New update: turns out at the very least replays are available on YouTube, and can be initiated from the g league website.
winforlose
General Manager

Iowa Wolves game 1 

Post#710 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 6, 2022 2:58 am

Box score link here. https://gleague.nba.com/game/sxf-vs-iwa-2052200014?view=box-score

Link to game here: https://youtu.be/F3OAAdmavUI

No spoilers except,

Minott +39.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Re: Iowa Wolves game 1 

Post#711 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 6, 2022 3:40 am

winforlose wrote:Box score link here. https://gleague.nba.com/game/sxf-vs-iwa-2052200014?view=box-score

No spoilers except,

Minott +39.

I don't think we should have a separate thread for each Iowa game. I recommend the Mods merge this with the general Iowa Wolves thread. That said.

I have been thinking that Garza, Minott and Moore would make a big 3 for Iowa and for one game I was right. I like the result and the numbers from this game.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#712 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 6, 2022 4:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:Box score link here. https://gleague.nba.com/game/sxf-vs-iwa-2052200014?view=box-score

No spoilers except,

Minott +39.

I don't think we should have a separate thread for each Iowa game. I recommend the Mods merge this with the general Iowa Wolves thread. That said.

I have been thinking that Garza, Minott and Moore would make a big 3 for Iowa and for one game I was right. I like the result and the numbers from this game.

Not sure I agree that Iowa games don’t need a separate thread given 3 full time Wolves and a bunch of guys like Dozier, Muddiay, and Elleby who could become Wolves. Not to mention we have an open two way slot.

Minott is rough as hell, but very special. He is gonna be a stud for us in a year or two. Imagine a smaller V8 who can ball handle, pass, and shoot.

Garza is bad at rebounding and not great at defense (in this game at least,) but his offense is NBA level (at least in this one.)

Moore has work to do, but should continue to play well in the G.

This team could be special.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#713 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Nov 6, 2022 5:51 am

winforlose wrote:In addition to the Timberwolves game tonight, the Iowa Wolves debut at 7pm. I am looking into ways to watch and will update this post with more info.

Edit to update: No luck so far. It doesn’t appear televised, but maybe streamable. If anyone knows anything that can help please share it here.

New update: turns out at the very least replays are available on YouTube, and can be initiated from the g league website.

If you go to the g league website they stream the games there for free. They were a little slow to start for the game though. Sometimes the games can be on ESPN+ though.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#714 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 6, 2022 5:55 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
winforlose wrote:In addition to the Timberwolves game tonight, the Iowa Wolves debut at 7pm. I am looking into ways to watch and will update this post with more info.

If you go to the g league website they stream the games there for free. They were a little slow to start for the game though. Sometimes the games can be on ESPN+ though.

Found it on YouTube. Minott put on a clinic. Muddiay wants on this team as well. Moore, Elleby, and Garza had up and down moments. I highly recommend watching at least the first 3 quarters to anyone curious about our developmental group. I also set up a game thread for it.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#715 » by minimus » Sun Nov 6, 2022 8:57 am

Let's Luka hype begin!
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#716 » by minimus » Sun Nov 6, 2022 8:58 am

Why Dozier still is not playing?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#717 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 6, 2022 3:21 pm

minimus wrote:Why Dozier still is not playing?

Still coming back from an ACL tear in November of 2021. Should be back soon.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,223

Post#718 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Nov 6, 2022 9:56 pm

I like Iowa having a general game thread, but they likely don’t need a new thread for each game.

I can’t imagine there will be enough game to game commentators to warrant it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#719 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:12 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

No spoilers except,

Minott +39.

Not sure I agree that Iowa games don’t need a separate thread given 3 full time Wolves and a bunch of guys like Dozier, Muddiay, and Elleby who could become Wolves. Not to mention we have an open two way slot.

Minott is rough as hell, but very special. He is gonna be a stud for us in a year or two. Imagine a smaller V8 who can ball handle, pass, and shoot.

Garza is bad at rebounding and not great at defense (in this game at least,) but his offense is NBA level (at least in this one.)

Moore has work to do, but should continue to play well in the G.

This team could be special.

Notice how few responses this has got. One other than you and I. We respond to everything. This can easily just go in the Iowa Wolves thread without making individual game threads.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Post#720 » by Domejandro » Mon Nov 7, 2022 12:16 am

When I’m not on mobile, I’ll compromise by merging it, but also putting the time and date of the next game in the title (most of the time), so people can stay up to date on when games are happening.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves