Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Free Agents: 2017 and beyond 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 3, 2016 2:24 am

Continue discussion around FAs here
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: Free Agents: 2017 and beyond 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:07 am

PJ Tucker might be a good cheap option to get a physical defender and a career 34.9% outside shooter.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#3 » by Mattya » Sat Nov 5, 2016 6:22 pm

Some RFAs teams will have to make a decision on that I would like on this team.

-JaMychal Green: Grizzlies have 92 million in salary this coming offseason. They also have ZBo and Tony Allen as FAs. Could make them make a tough decision to match a contract. I really like him as a player.

-KCP and Reggie Bullock: Another team with a lot of salaries and I think they are going to have to choose between these two. KCP hasn't been the shooter a lot of people thought he was going to be coming out of college, but he plays with a lot of energy defensively. Bullock has a lot of potential as a shooter, but hasn't gotten consistent minutes in his first few years.

-Tim Hardaway Jr: The Hawks will have to pay some guys big money this summer. Paul Milsap will probably opt out and could be looking at 30+ million in salary. Kyle Korver and Thabo Sefalosha are also free agents. THJ has had a really nice start to the season and could be a nice bench shooter who fits with the age of the core.
HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Post#4 » by HitmanCapone » Sat Nov 5, 2016 6:31 pm

Mattya wrote:Some RFAs teams will have to make a decision on that I would like on this team.

-JaMychal Green: Grizzlies have 92 million in salary this coming offseason. They also have ZBo and Tony Allen as FAs. Could make them make a tough decision to match a contract. I really like him as a player.

-KCP and Reggie Bullock: Another team with a lot of salaries and I think they are going to have to choose between these two. KCP hasn't been the shooter a lot of people thought he was going to be coming out of college, but he plays with a lot of energy defensively. Bullock has a lot of potential as a shooter, but hasn't gotten consistent minutes in his first few years.

-Tim Hardaway Jr: The Hawks will have to pay some guys big money this summer. Paul Milsap will probably opt out and could be looking at 30+ million in salary. Kyle Korver and Thabo Sefalosha are also free agents. THJ has had a really nice start to the season and could be a nice bench shooter who fits with the age of the core.

Big fan of Hardaway Jr, I've wanted him since his draft year and believe it'd be a fit for both parties as well.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 5, 2016 7:06 pm

KCP was one I thought of too
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Mattya
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mattya » Sat Nov 5, 2016 7:45 pm

Klomp wrote:KCP was one I thought of too

I think he is probably a prime candidate for the Nets or Sixers to throw a huge contract at. Would be a nice guy to get off the bench, but his role/pay offers will probably be better elsewhere.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mattya » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:00 pm

Andre Igoudala is a guy I would give a 18-20 million until 2019 as well. You could use him as a ball handler and defensive wing or forward. Would be a great mentor for Wiggins as well. Going to have to make it difficult for him to take a big pay cut to go back to the Warriors after they pay their core.
Raymond437
Junior
And1: 37

Post#8 » by Raymond437 » Sat Nov 5, 2016 10:08 pm

Sign Redick with 2-3 yrs deal.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#9 » by southern wolf » Sun Nov 6, 2016 12:28 am

Someone who can shoot the three and doesn't whimp out on defense please.
SpeedIsGood
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#10 » by SpeedIsGood » Sun Nov 6, 2016 12:33 am

We could use a veteran player (and especially if we get another high draft pick next year), not sure who will still be available though
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#11 » by PharmD » Sun Nov 6, 2016 4:58 am

Mattya wrote:Andre Igoudala is a guy I would give a 18-20 million until 2019 as well. You could use him as a ball handler and defensive wing or forward. Would be a great mentor for Wiggins as well. Going to have to make it difficult for him to take a big pay cut to go back to the Warriors after they pay their core.

zomg no

Iggy is about to turn 33, is very athleticism dependent, and is already in a very noticeable decline. He's also had a ton of injuries and can't shoot.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mattya » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:15 am

PharmD wrote:
Mattya wrote:Andre Igoudala is a guy I would give a 18-20 million until 2019 as well. You could use him as a ball handler and defensive wing or forward. Would be a great mentor for Wiggins as well. Going to have to make it difficult for him to take a big pay cut to go back to the Warriors after they pay their core.

zomg no

Iggy is about to turn 33, is very athleticism dependent, and is already in a very noticeable decline. He's also had a ton of injuries and can't shoot.

and yet he is still a very good defensive player, can handle the ball and is a winner. We aren't going to find a perfect player in free agency. We need more than just shooting. We need a player that can create a shot for other. We need a combo forward. We need a defender to guard the shooting guards and small forwards. Good luck trying to find all that in free agency. On a short term deal, you aren't going to find many players that can fill more than two of those roles. Iggy does. Oh and he shot around 35% from behind the arc the last few years.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#13 » by minimus » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:20 am

Jamychal Green and Tony Snell, please.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#14 » by shangrila » Sun Nov 6, 2016 6:59 am

KCP will be out of our price range but Bullock could be a good Rush substitute. Theoretically he's got the skill set to be a 3&D wing but he hasn't had enough minutes to prove himself either way.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:28 pm

I wonder if we take a long look at Taj Gibson.

I think vets are sorely lacking. Both Rush and Hill were one-year deals, effectively as one-year fill-ins. Then there's also Payne and Lucas as UFAs. I know we need wing help, but another post will be needed too if we lose Hill and Rush and Bjelica plays more SF.

firyGM
Junior
And1: 62

Post#16 » by firyGM » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:57 pm

We are 6th PPG, we have 42% from 3PT and 46%FG. Score isn't problem. We don't need more 3s (if we get a player who can shoot well, but shouldn't be out priority). We need experience, defense and IQ high players.

Thabo Sefalosha and Iggy could be great choices.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mattya » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Gibson has seemed like an obvious option. Bulls have some younger PFs they seem committed to. Connection with Thibs and the need for a big. I wonder what kind of contract he will get.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Mattya wrote:Gibson has seemed like an obvious option. Bulls have some younger PFs they seem committed to. Connection with Thibs and the need for a big. I wonder what kind of contract he will get.

Probably somewhere in between Dieng and Aldrich.

Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#19 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:30 pm

I would think Wolves would target defensive minded veterans that can help on the court. These vets that aren't on the floor haven't been helpful for this team, wolves need leadership within the game.

I'd go for Andrew Bogut and Thabo Sefolosha. KAT is showing he's a little undermatched at center so why not use his youth and athleticism as a PF and then slide him to C when he gets a bit older? Bjelica also showing he can't rebound against PF so replace Bazz with him.

Rubio/LaVine/Wiggins/KAT/Bogut

Dunn/Thabo/Bjelica/Dieng/Aldrich
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 558

Post#20 » by TwolvesFanRome » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Who will be the star free agents in the next few years? Are there any possibility to take someone without depriving Zach Wiggins and Towns increases?
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves