ImageImageImage

Ricky Rubio #9

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

mercgold3
General Manager
Posts: 8,749
And1: 2,822
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#1 » by mercgold3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Maefteda wrote:On a different note... Can we call the next Rubio thread: "Ricky Rubio #9" seems fitting that will be the last Rubio thread on the Wolves board.
User avatar
LibertyPrime
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,915
And1: 1,536
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#2 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Jackson is an inefficient volume shooter who defends poorly and whose personality/attitude has already caused problems on two different teams. No thanks.

Seriously, if we just want to bring in a poorly defending chucker who'll take shots away from the Big 3, we could probably have Brandon Knight from Phoenix for a song.

I did like this little gem from the Pistons board, though (name withheld to avoid embarassment):

Not seeing what Marco Rubio brings to the team.
"The last domino falls here!"
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,366
And1: 9,209
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#3 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:23 pm

The final Rubio thread before his appreciation thread. RIP.

Until we bring him back for a farewell tour in 2026
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Maefteda
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,600
And1: 575
Joined: Feb 18, 2012
     

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#4 » by Maefteda » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:58 pm

<3
Nick K
Starter
Posts: 2,086
And1: 521
Joined: Nov 23, 2016
       

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#5 » by Nick K » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Ricky will miss the Denver game Sunday due to the passing of his Grandmother. Tough year for Ricky losing his Mom and Grandmom. Condolences.
guest81
Analyst
Posts: 3,542
And1: 1,209
Joined: Jun 26, 2014

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#6 » by guest81 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Maefteda wrote:On a different note... Can we call the next Rubio thread: "Ricky Rubio #9" seems fitting that will be the last Rubio thread on the Wolves board.


Image


I get the feeling Ricky will be debated for all eternity
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 28,342
And1: 27,728
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#7 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:19 am

[code][/code]So let me get his straight. the rumour is Jackson for Rubio. Because Dunn Is the future the wolves are trying to move Rubio and his 2. Years at 15 million each. And then instead they are going to take back another point guard that currently plays better than Dunn and has 4 years with 16 Million per. This rumour makes zero sense and I think it's bs.
guest81
Analyst
Posts: 3,542
And1: 1,209
Joined: Jun 26, 2014

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#8 » by guest81 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:58 am

Johnny Bball wrote:[code][/code]So let me get his straight. the rumour is Jackson for Rubio. Because Dunn Is the future the wolves are trying to move Rubio and his 2. Years at 15 million each. And then instead they are going to take back another point guard that currently plays better than Dunn and has 4 years with 16 Million per. This rumour makes zero sense and I think it's bs.


Ricky has 3 years left on his deal
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 23,639
And1: 7,773
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#9 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:11 am

guest81 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:[code][/code]So let me get his straight. the rumour is Jackson for Rubio. Because Dunn Is the future the wolves are trying to move Rubio and his 2. Years at 15 million each. And then instead they are going to take back another point guard that currently plays better than Dunn and has 4 years with 16 Million per. This rumour makes zero sense and I think it's bs.


Ricky has 3 years left on his deal


2 years after this one, and 1 less than Jackson
guest81
Analyst
Posts: 3,542
And1: 1,209
Joined: Jun 26, 2014

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#10 » by guest81 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:16 am

Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:[code][/code]So let me get his straight. the rumour is Jackson for Rubio. Because Dunn Is the future the wolves are trying to move Rubio and his 2. Years at 15 million each. And then instead they are going to take back another point guard that currently plays better than Dunn and has 4 years with 16 Million per. This rumour makes zero sense and I think it's bs.


Ricky has 3 years left on his deal


2 years after this one, and 1 less than Jackson


Yes
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 17,499
And1: 4,015
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#11 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:29 am

I still believe that if our plan is to start Dunn eventually, Rubio is the perfect "bridge" guard that can ease Dunn into that role. I know the Jackson rumors are BS, but just think about it;

Reggie makes more money than Rubio, has more years on his deal. What is the point of bringing Reggie in if Thib's "plan" is for Dunn to be our starting PG in the future? You don't think Reggie Jackson, the guy who literally wanted out of a great situation in OKC so he could start, wouldn't cause some type of drama? Come on guys.

I think we should keep Rubes, if anything, play Dunn & Tyus more and look to trade Ricky with our pick in the summer because there is no way we are going to get any real value for Ricky alone, might as well attach his contract with a quality pick & go for some quality vet FAs in the summer.
2020 Wolves will make the playoffs
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,366
And1: 9,209
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#12 » by Calinks » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:16 am

M God, he lost his Grandmother too? Poor kid.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
LordBaldric
General Manager
Posts: 7,611
And1: 1,968
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#13 » by LordBaldric » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:01 am

Have you guys accepted yet that Rubio's trade value is extremely low? Must be because every other front office in the league are composed of idiots...
Jason_Todd
Sophomore
Posts: 242
And1: 190
Joined: Feb 12, 2016
       

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#14 » by Jason_Todd » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:14 am

Ricky for Jrue Holiday make more sense than Reggie Jackson. Jrue is in his final year and Rubio fits better in NOLA. Ricky can give like 20 assist per game to AD.
Sugarless
Starter
Posts: 2,091
And1: 1,455
Joined: Aug 12, 2004

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#15 » by Sugarless » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:24 am

Trade Ricky. Free Ricky.
User avatar
breatnach
Starter
Posts: 2,165
And1: 794
Joined: Apr 17, 2010
Location: Munich

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#16 » by breatnach » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 am

Damn, poor guy, lots of tough breaks. At least he has a coach, a franchise and a fanbase to support him in these difficult times... oh wait.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,038
And1: 3,437
Joined: Dec 01, 2013

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#17 » by walk with me » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 pm

The reggie jax trade isn't happening. If it was they would have pulled the trigger already.
mercgold3
General Manager
Posts: 8,749
And1: 2,822
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#18 » by mercgold3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:01 pm

That is true, Detroit would take that deal and run without thinking twice .
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
Posts: 10,243
And1: 1,334
Joined: Jun 07, 2011

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#19 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:24 pm

To Dallas: Rubio + Baynes (or B. Mar)

To Pistons: Bogut + Bazz

To Wolves: S Johnson + DWill

Dallas takes shot Rubio can be part of core.

Pistons make playoff push with more offense from bench and Bogut mentoring franchise player Drummond.

Wolves get Thibs bridge PG vet and Johnson, who should be a defensive Thibs guy (taking over Bazz minutes).
mercgold3
General Manager
Posts: 8,749
And1: 2,822
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: RE: Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#20 » by mercgold3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:27 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:To Dallas: Rubio + Baynes (or B. Mar)

To Pistons: Bogut + Bazz

To Wolves: S Johnson + DWill

Dallas takes shot Rubio can be part of core.

Pistons make playoff push with more offense from bench and Bogut mentoring franchise player Drummond.

Wolves get Thibs bridge PG vet and Johnson, who should be a defensive Thibs guy (taking over Bazz minutes).

Detroit is not going to give S.Johnson away for nothing. And that is nothing.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves