ImageImageImage

Ricky Rubio #9

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Charly
Freshman
And1: 26

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#1341 » by Charly » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:17 pm

As you said, could be Sounder has no option.
It is small ball or death.
Let's enjoy with the few wins.
flyindutchman
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#1342 » by flyindutchman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:29 pm

Nearly everyone here jumped for joy when Rosas traded for Ricky. It completely baffled me. We have years of tape on Ricky to know the guy we were going to get. I was for taking a swing at another player, either long term lotto ticket in Poku or Bey. Heck, even after taking Edwards and knowing the team desperately needed frontcourt players, I would have loved Maxey.

Granted, I don't study every play nor do I know every player in the league, but it sure baffles me how sucked in this board can get to what Rosas vision is. Zoom out for a sec.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 928

Post#1343 » by Killboard » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:35 pm

flyindutchman wrote:Nearly everyone here jumped for joy when Rosas traded for Ricky. It completely baffled me. We have years of tape on Ricky to know the guy we were going to get. I was for taking a swing at another player, either long term lotto ticket in Poku or Bey. Heck, even after taking Edwards and knowing the team desperately needed frontcourt players, I would have loved Maxey.

Granted, I don't study every play nor do I know every player in the league, but it sure baffles me how sucked in this board can get to what Rosas vision is. Zoom out for a sec.

Wolves got:
1) An expiring contract for next season. Not sure they could have used JJ this year, so they punt that for next when they are gonna have better idea of their roster needs.
2) An useful veteran, who impact the game much more than JJ, who is a terrific off the court leader, and who can give a steady hand to end games to a very young roster.
3) They punted on Poku, Maxey etc, but got themselves Jayden McDaniels, who was seen as many as a top20 pick, and who has legit upside as a 3&D forward whith room for more.
4) I'm not even considering Bolmaro here, but is another guy who many draft experts gave legit upside as 6'8 defender and playmaker.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves