or
33 & 10

cast your vote.
A1FromDay1
Senior
And1: 124

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#502 » by A1FromDay1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 am

Tonight. The guys made a lot of jumpers when he had 19 assists.
Homo homini lupus est.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#503 » by breatnach » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:47 am

Stop it, Ricky, I can only get so erect!
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#504 » by packforfreedom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:13 am

Rubigod
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#505 » by Cyborg21 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:16 am

GOAT
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#506 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:54 am

breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#507 » by breatnach » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 am

mercgold3 wrote:

Just like in the interview where he talked about not being traded, he seems a bit different. Somewhat less chirpy and juvenile, a bit more serious, but also a lot more mature. I guess the guy has had a tough past year. Looks like our little boy is becoming a real man :nod:
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#508 » by minimus » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:27 am

I feel great about Rubio. Tough two years for him, but he has been working hard, acting like a man. So proud and happy for him!
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,980

Post#509 » by Sugarless » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:00 am

I often feel tempted to go through some of the absurdity, flawed logic, and BS narratives that some people have been spouting about Ricky for years, and how some other fans have eventually bought into that -especially this season-, and quote it just so a few of us can get a long, nice, collective laugh. But I'm going to save my time and let them stay in oblivion (or at least try, because we all know who said what) while I continue to enjoy the guy as I've been doing for over a decade. :smile:

Honestly, only a fool doubts such a blend of talent, IQ and hard work. And only a hater goes on and on about it trying to convince himself and others with the amount of crap that we've read here over the years.

To those I can only say:

Spoiler:
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#510 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:12 pm

After always defending Rubio at work, school, and online... I'm glad it looks to finally be paying off. Couldn't be happier for him after what he's been through. Let's hope the winning starts coming for him now.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#511 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Too bad he's already peaked, right?!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 764

Post#512 » by Movics » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 pm

This month he scored 10 points or more in every game but one. He's averaging 19.5 points over the last 10 games. What a turnaround... Mea culpa, Ricky! He really became an elite point guard.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
Sugarless
Starter

Post#513 » by Sugarless » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Klomp wrote:Too bad he's already peaked, right?!

Wait, aren't you the guy that's said Rubio is who he is before, that spent 20-something messages discussing the merits of trading Rubio for Derrick Rose or just dumping his 14M contract, and that expressed that he's not sure Rubio is better than Taj Gibson ( :lol: ) in this same board?

And now you're being sarcastic about how he hasn't peaked? :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#514 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Sugarless wrote:

Wait, aren't you the guy that's said Rubio is who he is before, that spent 20-something messages discussing the merits of trading Rubio for Derrick Rose or just dumping his 14M contract, and that expressed that he's not sure Rubio is better than Taj Gibson ( :lol: ) in this same board?

1. This is a discussion board....key word being discussion. Why can't both sides of a situation be hashed out?
2. Key words being 'not sure.' I'm sure now.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Sugarless
Starter

Post#515 » by Sugarless » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Klomp wrote:
Sugarless wrote:

1. This is a discussion board....key word being discussion. Why can't both sides of a situation be hashed out?
2. Key words being 'not sure.' I'm sure now.

1. If a topic is worthy of discussion, hell yeah, let's discuss it. Rubio for Rose? Not that worthy. In over two dozen messages? Determinately not worthy. Not in a million years.

2. Sorry, if after all these years watching Rubio's impact regardless of his shooting, it took you this last month to realize that Rubio is a better player than Taj Freaking Gibson (and even worse, at this specific point in their careers), it doesn't make it any better than you are sure now.

Seriously, it's been just a month since you wrote this, at least don't act like you were saying it all along. :lol:

He's not having some career year. Unless you want to talk about his career-high 38% shooting. Everything is pretty much par for the course. He is what he is, an average PG.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#516 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:31 pm

Touche, I was wrong. He's not average, even though all of his numbers to that point were par for the course as I said. Want me to dig through your post history to see how many times you've been proven wrong?

I'm human. I'm not perfect. I'm sorry if you previously thought of me as all-knowing.

Sugarless
Starter

Post#517 » by Sugarless » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Klomp wrote:Touche, I was wrong. He's not average, even though all of his numbers to that point were par for the course as I said. Want me to dig through your post history to see how many times you've been proven wrong?

I'm human. I'm not perfect. I'm sorry if you previously thought of me as all-knowing.

C'mon Klomp, don't be so touchy. And it's not about being wrong or right, it's about not pretending like you defended this all along.

But it's nice to see you admit you're human. You wouldn't think you see yourself as one when you insist on taking everything in the most literal way possible, like a machine would do. Who knows, maybe this is the start of a new and improved Klomp. :wink:

PS: Of course I wouldn't want any credit for that. It would definitely go to Pretty Ricky and his ability to do wonderful and amazing things.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#518 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:40 pm

Sugarless wrote:You wouldn't think you see yourself as one when you insist on taking everything in the most literal way possible, like a machine would do.

I don't think people realize how much sarcasm I use online.

Sugarless
Starter

Post#519 » by Sugarless » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
Sugarless wrote:You wouldn't think you see yourself as one when you insist on taking everything in the most literal way possible, like a machine would do.

I don't think people realize how much sarcasm I use online.

Sometimes you use sarcasm, which is a great tool when used properly and far from a problem in itself. Sometimes you are hell-bent on taking a phrase literally and make something out of nothing, and end up creating a senseless debate that has nothing to do with what the OP implied. But I'm sure you have realized that by now, I'm not the only that's pointed it out. ;)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#520 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Sugarless wrote:And it's not about being wrong or right, it's about not pretending like you defended this all along.

For the record, I've been known to argue for one side of an argument even if I'm not personally on that side. I did it for much of the last month or so of the Towns/Okafor debate and I did it with this Rubio/Rose debate.

It's not about being on that side, it's about understanding where that side might be coming from. I understood that if Thibs wanted to move on from Rubio, an expiring contract and 1st round pick was a great way to wipe the slate clean.

I maybe wouldn't have been a fan of the move, but I would understand why the decision was made.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves