ImageImageImage

Ricky Rubio #9

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#581 » by urinesane » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:46 am

If you have a really good PG on a great contract, why would you trade him?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#582 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:12 am

trevor0333 wrote:If the Wolves luck out with a top 2 pick a Rubio/Aldrich trade for Lamarcus Aldridge could make sense for both teams.

Spoiler:
dumbest **** I've read here in a while
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#583 » by breatnach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 am

theGreatRC wrote:I never knew that Rubio had contract kickers if he shot above 40% from the field until one of you guys mentioned it, so I looked it up:

I don't understand why they would bother with such small bonuses. I also have incentive based bonuses in my contract, but they can make up to 25% of my total annual income. That's a huge incentive to perform well! (I only plan with the 75% I am guaranteed and treat the rest as a bonus).

But for Ricky, who makes nearly $14m his maximum bonus ($250k) is less than 2% of his salary. It's nice to see him improving and all, but whoever thinks that any normal human would put in extra hours for less than 2% is dillusional. If you're making $10 an hour doing whatever, would you work overtime in order to maybe make $10,20 an hour?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#584 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 pm

breatnach wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I never knew that Rubio had contract kickers if he shot above 40% from the field until one of you guys mentioned it, so I looked it up:

I don't understand why they would bother with such small bonuses. I also have incentive based bonuses in my contract, but they can make up to 25% of my total annual income. That's a huge incentive to perform well! (I only plan with the 75% I am guaranteed and treat the rest as a bonus).

But for Ricky, who makes nearly $14m his maximum bonus ($250k) is less than 2% of his salary. It's nice to see him improving and all, but whoever thinks that any normal human would put in extra hours for less than 2% is dillusional. If you're making $10 an hour doing whatever, would you work overtime in order to maybe make $10,20 an hour?

Performance incentives are classified as either "likely to be achieved" or "not likely to be achieved," with only the likely incentives included in the player's salary and team salary amounts. The determination of whether an incentive is likely or unlikely is based on whether the criterion was achieved in the previous season. For example, if a player had seven assists per game the previous season, then an incentive based on seven assists per game would be classified as likely to be achieved, but one based on eight assists per game would be classified as not likely

Unlikely bonuses in any season are limited to 15% of the player's regular salary in that season.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q74
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#585 » by C.lupus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:55 pm

breatnach wrote:

It obviously is't that important to him. He and his agent agreed to that contract.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#586 » by breatnach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Klomp wrote:
Unlikely bonuses in any season are limited to 15% of the player's regular salary in that season.[/i]

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q74

In which case, I'd offer him 15% bonus (almost $2m) for him to shoot 40% from 3. The GM knows it's unlikely (low financial risk), in fact we all know it's unlikely, but if $2m isn't an worthwhile reason for him to spend the summer in the gym, I don't know what is.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#587 » by andyhop » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:14 am

breatnach wrote:

People always massively underestimate just how much people who make lots of money care about making a bit more.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#588 » by theGreatRC » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Thibs on Ricky:

Read on Twitter
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#589 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:11 pm

So he's not going to be traded this offseason?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#590 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Note30 wrote:So he's not going to be traded this offseason?

I'd be surprised. I think he'd have to be blown away by an offer, which I can't see happening.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#591 » by Krapinsky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Klomp wrote:

I'd be surprised. I think he'd have to be blown away by an offer, which I can't see happening.

I for one think he'll be traded.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#592 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Yeah me too tbh. I kinda wonder what this board will be like without all the Ricky Euro supporters. I love the guy but not enough to watch another team.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#593 » by theGreatRC » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Note30 wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Klomp wrote:I'd be surprised. I think he'd have to be blown away by an offer, which I can't see happening.

Yeah me too tbh. I kinda wonder what this board will be like without all the Ricky Euro supporters. I love the guy but not enough to watch another team.

I love Ricky too, but I have no Spanish ties to him or anything..it would be weird watching a different PG, but I just want to see the Wolves in the playoffs more than anything...with or without Ricky :cry:
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#594 » by Mattya » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:04 pm

I would be very surprised if he was traded. I think it is pretty clear Thibs values him more than the boards or media likes to believe. I don't think any teams are going to give him what he would need to trade Ricky and he has no motivation to trade him for a low ball offer either.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#595 » by Krapinsky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#596 » by Sugarless » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's not endorsed Ricky since he got here, and he's never talked about him as part of the core, which has been reduced to Wiggins, KAT and Zach from day 1. It's a shame that a full season with Ricky and the rest of the team hasn't changed that, but then again it's Tom Thibodeau we're talking about, not a guy you really expect to change his mind about anything, ever.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#597 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Read on Twitter

The showering praise part does sound like an endorsement, so I don't know.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#598 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 pm

I can see Dallas making a move for Ricky if is true they want a pass first PG. With the #9 pick ? Probably not.

But i can see with Wesley Matthews. Is that enough ?

Only Thibs knows.
I still see Thibs not valuing Ricky very much. Why ?
After one season he still doesn't see Rubio being part of the "core" moving forward.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#599 » by Krapinsky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:17 pm

mercgold3 wrote:I can see Dallas making a move for Ricky if is true they want a pass first PG. With the #9 pick ? Probably not.

But i can see with Wesley Matthews. Is that enough ?

Only Thibs knows.
I still see Thibs not valuing Ricky very much. Why ?
After one season he still doesn't see Rubio being part of the "core" moving forward.

That's right. He has had every opportunity to say something committal about Rubio being apart of his plan or a part of the core, being a part of what we're building, etc., and he has declined to do so.

Yet, I think it's also notable that he does not include Dunn in any core talk.

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#600 » by Mattya » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Yet, I think it's also notable that he does not include Dunn in any core talk.

maybe you are just reading way too much into this then?

People are still complaining about Thibs "not endorsing" Rubio? Did any of you actually listen to the interview? :lol:

To me he looked about as happy as he has ever been when he was talking about Rubio.

In this interview alone

-he says he appreciates his game even more now that he has actually coached him.

-complimented Rubio's shooting

-complimented his impact on the offensive efficiency of the team.

-believes his outside shot is going to come.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves