Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,918

Re: New color scheme? 

Post#601 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 am

Read on Twitter

Gotta be the green, right?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,498

Post#602 » by My Main Man » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:25 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gotta be the green, right?

I think it's actually the court design. I heard we were supposed to get that this week.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#603 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:44 am

My Main Man wrote:I think it's actually the court design. I heard we were supposed to get that this week.

That was bad intel from Doogie.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#604 » by southern wolf » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 am

In a league where it seems like half the teams wear blue, I like the unique green look.
My Main Man
Bench Warmer

Post#605 » by My Main Man » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm sorry but the Wolves marketing team is really screwing this up. This whole "9-15-17" teaser is weak as hell to begin with. Then, they don't even release anything during the 9-5 workday, when (let's be honest) most people are going to be available to discuss it on social media and sites like RealGM because it's Friday at the office and most people are slowing down their workload for the week. So they release it during drivetime/dinnertime? The majority of people check it out on their phones if they get an alert from BleacherReport or something. If they don't get alerts, they completely forget to check because they're most likely busy hanging out with friends or kids or spouse or whatever on a Friday night. Seems like a noon release so people could check it out on their lunch breaks and then talk about it on twitter and get more clicks/mentions throughout the day. That's how social media marketing works, dummies.

(i swear i'm not as worked up as it may seem. it just seems like something really easy that they're F-ing up and it's mildly annoying.)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#606 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:46 pm

My Main Man wrote:I'm sorry but the Wolves marketing team is really screwing this up. This whole "9-15-17" teaser is weak as hell to begin with. Then, they don't even release anything during the 9-5 workday, when (let's be honest) most people are going to be available to discuss it on social media and sites like RealGM because it's Friday at the office and most people are slowing down their workload for the week. So they release it during drivetime/dinnertime? The majority of people check it out on their phones if they get an alert from BleacherReport or something. If they don't get alerts, they completely forget to check because they're most likely busy hanging out with friends or kids or spouse or whatever on a Friday night. Seems like a noon release so people could check it out on their lunch breaks and then talk about it on twitter and get more clicks/mentions throughout the day. That's how social media marketing works, dummies.

(i swear i'm not as worked up as it may seem. it just seems like something really easy that they're F-ing up and it's mildly annoying.)

It looks like Nike has some big event in Los Angeles tonight....I'm guessing they'll get the reveal and it will go on social media after that.

But yes, I've been refreshing Twitter all damn day long.

Read on Twitter

My Main Man
Bench Warmer

Post#607 » by My Main Man » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Klomp wrote:It looks like Nike has some big event in Los Angeles tonight....I'm guessing they'll get the reveal and it will go on social media after that.

But yes, I've been refreshing Twitter all damn day long.

Read on Twitter

Right? If I were them, I'd be releasing little teaser photos every couple hours. Or let's say it's the reveal of the assumed green jerseys, just post an image of something like this:

Just dumb stuff like that to get people talking.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#608 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#609 » by Klomp » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:40 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#610 » by theGreatRC » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:43 am

Doesn't look bad in action.

Just not a fan of that color in general, but at least it stands out from other jerseys
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#611 » by southern wolf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:08 am

It's bright, that's for sure. I'll take a unique jersey over the same bland crap any day of the week.

What's with that weird off black 'Bklyn' jersey?
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#612 » by King Malta » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:32 am

It looks decent enough in 2k, will be interesred to see how it looks during a real life game.

There's meant to be one more jersey right?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#613 » by C.lupus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:34 am

I'll have to tone down the color on my TV on the nights they wear these to keep from having a seizure.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#614 » by Mattya » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:45 am

I think they look good. Unique color.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#615 » by Calinks » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:02 am

Its bright as hell. In the new 2K trailers that damn near blinded me out of nowhere. Maybe should have went with a Forrest green lol
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#616 » by Klomp » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:38 am

Mattya wrote:I think they look good. Unique color.

This is the biggest thing for me. For years we've complained about sharing a color palette with other teams, but this is one thing we can point to as uniquely ours.

BTW I much prefer this color to all the yellow ones that were unveiled (Denver, Indiana, Utah). There's probably 5-10 others I prefer ours over too.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#617 » by Klomp » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:40 am

Look who's back....

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#618 » by Klomp » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 am

I won't ever use the features and probably won't even buy a jersey, but technology is fascinating!

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#619 » by Basti » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:28 am

I guess I will be called an old fart who yells at clouds but I couldn't care one bit about the tap in bit. Yes, technology is awesome but I really don't see the point of this other than satisfying lazy peoples' need to be exactly that - lazy.

As for the jerseys, I really like the neon green. But, once again, the big block of blue around the collar is just horrible in my opinion. The contrasts of the colors are really nice but I wish the navy blue would have been mixed in in a different way.

One other thing that is great about the neon green is that you can hardly see the fitbit logo.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#620 » by Mattya » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Klomp wrote:
Mattya wrote:I think they look good. Unique color.

This is the biggest thing for me. For years we've complained about sharing a color palette with other teams, but this is one thing we can point to as uniquely ours.

BTW I much prefer this color to all the yellow ones that were unveiled (Denver, Indiana, Utah). There's probably 5-10 others I prefer ours over too.

I have always liked bright colors so I was probably going to like some bright uniforms. I think setting our colors apart was important. We have always had too similar jerseys and colors to the Mavs. Now these stand out in a crowd.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves