Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

SaintS
Sophomore
And1: 32

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#261 » by SaintS » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:50 am

JDthrillinger wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:Any chance of Denver getting into the mix for #6. We have veterans like Wilson Chandler, Will Barton, Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur that we could package with #13.

Chandler, Faried, & #13 for # 6 and Aldrich? Will throw in Tyus is need be also. We draft OG Anunboy at #13

Farid not a good fit for Wolves. Bad defense, no offence.
Chandler can be good but only when he's healthy.

But don't see Denver as a partner for Wolves
SaintS
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#262 » by SaintS » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:56 am

Good partner can be Suns with their veterans (Tyson Chandler+Jared Dudley)
for Aldrich and Hill or may be Pek contracts with some future protected 1-st
6-th pick it's a too much big price for this package
AlfieJaegar
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#263 » by AlfieJaegar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:17 am

Does anyone think we should get a second round pick to get a secret diamond?

Sent from my E6603 using RealGM mobile app
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#264 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:26 am

AlfieJaegar wrote:Does anyone think we should get a second round pick to get a secret diamond?

YES, maybe 2 or 3
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,915

Post#265 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:55 am

SaintS wrote:Good partner can be Suns with their veterans (Tyson Chandler+Jared Dudley)
for Aldrich and Hill or may be Pek contracts with some future protected 1-st
6-th pick it's a too much big price for this package

People need to stop posting trade ideas involving Pekovic. Will NEVER happen. EVER.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AlfieJaegar
Freshman
And1: 2

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#266 » by AlfieJaegar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:17 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
AlfieJaegar wrote:Does anyone think we should get a second round pick to get a secret diamond?

YES, maybe 2 or 3

I think this draft could be our last draft to tank.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Re: RE: Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#267 » by shrink » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:48 pm

mercgold3 wrote:

YES, maybe 2 or 3

My knee-jerk reaction was, "We have enough youth on the team," but the more I thought about it, the more I realize you are right.

First, we may have enough youth on the team, but we could add youth to our bench. The truth is, Thibs is not going to play more than 8-9 players. For the remaining 7-8 players (rosters expand under the new CBA), some need to be able to step in when we have injuries, but those last couple spots are just practice players that never dress for games. Why not use those practices to help a young player or two start to learn Thibs system?

Second, this is the first year for our G-league team in Iowa. We will likely fill it with players that go undrafted or haven't been good enough to catch on with a team, but again, the new expanding roster size will suck 60 guys out of that player pool. Buying a second is common, and something we may do, but that new rule will make it more expensive this season. We have no second rounder this year, but perhaps we could trade one of our two seconds next year for a pick now? Few posters will ever say, "no, we don't want to add a pick," but I am always concerned about the price.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,177

Post#268 » by Tukkerwolf » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Man, seeing our pick Roberson balling last night makes me cringe, I think the Wolves really need a player like him. Bogdon was also terrific this weekend.
Any realistic targets? Maybe Bradley for peanuts if/when Boston drafts a guard?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Trade Ideas thread 

Post#269 » by rugbyrugger23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Knicks don't tear it down rebuild, rather reload...

Working under assumption Bulls may prefer Porzingis and to carve out Wolves, BUT they realize they get an overpay with a Wiggins based package.

Bulls Trade: Butler + Lopez + Rondo + #15/16 + #38
Bulls Receive: Melo + Wiggins + Aldrich (NG expiring) + Knicks #6/7 + Wolves #6/7
Bulls Why: Give Banana Boat at least one season test run...Wade opts in, and he and Melo recruit Paul on 1+1 (also Bosh on prove it deal). Summer of 2018 they recruit LBJ when all contracts align and books are clear for max cap flexibility. And if all fails, Bulls have Wiggins and 2 top 10 1sts to rebuild.

Knicks Trade: Melo + Porzingis + Noah + 2017 1st
Knicks Receive: Butler + Rubio + Lopez + #38
Knicks Why: Phil reloads. Lineup of Rubio-Lee-Butler-KOQ-Lopez plus the ability to max out a big name free agent this offseason OR next offseason--all before Butler and Rubio new contracts are due. The player to be named later added to that lineup makes or breaks this trade.

Wolves Trade: Wiggins + Rubio + Aldrich + 2017 1st
Wolves Receive: Porzingis + Rondo + Noah + #15/16 from Bulls
Wolves Why: Porzingis next to Towns. And at #16 draft best defensive SF--ideally Anunoby. Rondo, who has Thibs history, can be kept as vet "bridge" PG until Dunn or Jones is ready or simply bought out and a different vet brought on. Wolves have to eat Noah contract but Thibs may be able to get something out of him. *Wolves also gain 1 more offseason (2018) to use or lose cap space. LaVine will need to be extended (can Wolves talk him into value deal due to injury and offering him, vs. Wiggins, the 5 year extension?)--Porzingis and Towns (other 5 year extension) come following year.

Wolves 17/18 Lineup:
C: Towns | Dieng | Noah
F: Porzingis | Dieng | Bjelica
F: Vet 3D (Rush or Better!) | Anunoby (starts when ready)
G: LaVine | Dunn | Vet SG
G: Rondo or Thibs Bridge Vet | Dunn (starts when ready) | Jones
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#270 » by C.lupus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:09 pm

No thanks.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#271 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Knicks don't tear it down rebuild, rather reload...

Working under assumption Bulls may prefer Porzingis and to carve out Wolves, BUT they realize they get an overpay with a Wiggins based package.

Bulls Receive: Melo + Wiggins + Aldrich (NG expiring) + Knicks #6/7 + Wolves #6/7
Bulls Why: Give Banana Boat at least one season test run...Wade opts in, and he and Melo recruit Paul on 1+1 (also Bosh on prove it deal). Summer of 2018 they recruit LBJ when all contracts align and books are clear for max cap flexibility. And if all fails, Bulls have Wiggins and 2 top 10 1sts to rebuild.

Knicks Why: Phil reloads. Lineup of Rubio-Lee-Butler-KOQ-Lopez plus the ability to max out a big name free agent this offseason OR next offseason--all before Butler and Rubio new contracts are due. The player to be named later added to that lineup makes or breaks this trade.

Wolves Why: Porzingis next to Towns. And at #16 draft best defensive SF--ideally Anunoby. Rondo, who has Thibs history, can be kept as vet "bridge" PG until Dunn or Jones is ready or simply bought out and a different vet brought on. Wolves have to eat Noah contract but Thibs may be able to get something out of him. *Wolves also gain 1 more offseason (2018) to use or lose cap space. LaVine will need to be extended (can Wolves talk him into value deal due to injury and offering him, vs. Wiggins, the 5 year extension?)--Porzingis and Towns (other 5 year extension) come following year.

Wolves 17/18 Lineup:

Jesus. Why don't we just take Deng from the Lakers too.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Post#272 » by HitmanCapone » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 am

Wolves 17/18 Lineup:

I'm not really a fan of bringing Porzingis here. Part of the problem in NY is he is a much better 5 than 4 so one of them would be playing out of position and could possibly stunt development. When you add in the fact that we have to give up Wiggins, Rubio & our draft pick not to mention having to eat Noah's contract and we're giving up far too much and will probably end up a worse team than what we are.

The argument between Wiggins and Lavine shouldn't be an argument. Wiggins should be as untouchable as Towns is. IDK just my opinion.

If we're making a splash trade I would much rather prefer Jimmy Butler who I was on the fence about previously
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#273 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm

HitmanCapone wrote:

Wolves 17/18 Lineup:

I'm not really a fan of bringing Porzingis here. Part of the problem in NY is he is a much better 5 than 4 so one of them would be playing out of position and could possibly stunt development. When you add in the fact that we have to give up Wiggins, Rubio & our draft pick not to mention having to eat Noah's contract and we're giving up far too much and will probably end up a worse team than what we are.

The argument between Wiggins and Lavine shouldn't be an argument. Wiggins should be as untouchable as Towns is. IDK just my opinion.

If we're making a splash trade I would much rather prefer Jimmy Butler who I was on the fence about previously

I only want Butler if another move or signing accompanies him. Just Butler in a vacuum seems like a bad move for me.

And we can disagree on LaVine vs. Wiggins. Tough position for me with LaVine injury. Before injury was a easier argument to make. And I won't sabotage this thread debating it. With that said, if this trade could be done using LaVine vs. Wiggins, sure lets do it. No way that happens though.

Eating Noah contract is really nothing. Maybe sacrifice the idea Thibs could get a better FA than him. But well worth it for Porzingis. His contract would only be on books for 1st year of Towns and Porzingis extensions. If they don't stretch his final year, or move his expiring contract for something (mainly cap).

Swapping 1st is tough for Wolves. But one could argue that a SF or PF of Wolves ideal choice is sitting around 15 just as much as 6/7. PGs are slotted in middle/back of top 10. We will see.

I don't get the Porzingis as center thing. He and Towns would play match ups. Labeling one a center or PF is old school and not appropriate. Wolves would also have Dieng off bench to be 6 fouls a game banger. Not his ideal role (Pekovic lite) but as bench big (which is his ideal role) coming in for 2 young superstars, that's what you get from him. I think Towns and Porzingis couldn't be a ideal duo in this league and would lift Wolves to a level that Wiggins and Towns can't.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#274 » by Streakers33 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:35 pm

The hard part is zinger looks good here with current team and gutting current team for him doesn't get us anywhere.. so for me giving up on Dunn/tyus. And picks or future picks is as far as I wanna go.. but then I'd be willing to do a few swaps in future with knicks just to keep towns,Wiggins, and lavine on the roster with porzingis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biggsohnasty
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#275 » by Biggsohnasty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:33 pm

I know this is the forum where ideas are largely unrealistic but dang the amount of times I see people post on guys like Porzingis, Butler and Crowder makes me cringe. Those guys aren't getting traded. They just aren't. Butler might get dealt - but the Bulls won't trade with Thibs. Crowder will only get traded if it yields a Butler type needle-mover.

I like the idea of making a move to get Chandler and Dudley. Too low-maintence vets who would fit perfectly with this team. If the Wolves somehow had extra picks to add developmental talent to take their place - like an Anunoby on the wing and Patton inside, I'd love that.

No idea what it'd take to get those two out of Phoenix but I'd imagine it wouldn't be much. Aldrich and Hill's option is like 11 mil, which means you are taking on 13/14 mil - which I think would mean they'd still have room to either take on another contract or sign another player in FA. Would love that.
Biggsohnasty
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#276 » by Biggsohnasty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Offseason built only on taking on bad contracts - Let me know if this is stupid unrealistic.

Aldrich/Hill for Chandler and Dudley.
Future 2nd round pick(s) for Crabbe and 26
Trade Lavine for Favors and 25

Draft Dennis Smith Jr, Anunoby, Jordan Bell

Rubio-Crabbe-Wiggins-Favors-Towns
Smith-Dunn-Dudley-Dieng-Chandler
Jones-FA-Anunoby-Bjeli-Bell
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#277 » by andyhop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:57 am

Biggsohnasty wrote:Offseason built only on taking on bad contracts - Let me know if this is stupid unrealistic.

Aldrich/Hill for Chandler and Dudley.
Future 2nd round pick(s) for Crabbe and 26
Trade Lavine for Favors and 25

Draft Dennis Smith Jr, Anunoby, Jordan Bell

Rubio-Crabbe-Wiggins-Favors-Towns
Smith-Dunn-Dudley-Dieng-Chandler
Jones-FA-Anunoby-Bjeli-Bell

I think the other team turns down all of your trades
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,915

Post#278 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 am

Hypothetical question......

What would Chicago need to add for you to be okay with a Ricky Rubio for Rajon Rondo swap?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#279 » by theGreatRC » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 am

Klomp wrote:Hypothetical question......

What would Chicago need to add for you to be okay with a Ricky Rubio for Rajon Rondo swap?

Robin Lopez

Rondo/Dunn/Tyus
Wiggins/Zach/Bazz(Re-sign?)
Tatum(?)/Bazz/Wiggs
KAT/Belly/Gorgui
Lopez/Gorgui

Pretty nice lineup, still pretty bad 3pt shooting team, though..Don't know if Rondo is the right guy for this team, but i'm really interested in getting Lopez..dude's been eating up Boston's bigs in the playoffs
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#280 » by andyhop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 am

Klomp wrote:Hypothetical question......

A Butler for Lavine swap
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves