ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

AlfieJaegar
Freshman
And1: 2

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#581 » by AlfieJaegar » Thu May 18, 2017 8:09 am

All of us agree that we are going for a small forward and a big to play along with Towns in FA.That means we are not gonna upgrade our bench with PG,SG and C.With Bojan coming I don't think we'll have any problems from C position.And we have a crowded PG and Sg position.But I think we can try our luck with Josh Richardson.He is a 3&D player from the SG position.He doesn't get playing time in Miami.And his contract expiring we can get him for cheap.I don't it will hurt us that adding some bench.We can swap Hill and future 2. round picks for him.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#582 » by Sugarless » Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 am

Josh Richardson would be great, and that's why no one in this league would trade him for 2 second round picks. He's had a rough year with the injuries but he's one of the best up-and-coming 3D SGs in the league, in the mold of Caldwell-Pope who's already the best Pistons player and is going to make loads of money with his next deal. And he'll be a restricted FA. No need for the Heat to let go of him unless a pretty good offer (no less than a top-10 pick) comes their way.
AlfieJaegar
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#583 » by AlfieJaegar » Thu May 18, 2017 9:16 am

Will they him pay him max next year though?They have Tyler Johnson's contract and they have to pay Waiters and JJ.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#584 » by Sugarless » Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 am

He would need to have a great season to be a max candidate, which according to the last projections and the new way to calculate max salaries would be a deal starting at around 26M plus yearly increases. It's way too early to tell but right now he probably would be somewhere around Allen Crabbe money (75/4) if he continues to develop linearly next year, maybe a bit more since his ceiling is a bit higher as a 2-way player.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#585 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Isaacs is off the board (DSJ if Rubio is traded).

Utah gets #7 and Tyus Jones
Utah takes Markannen

Utah gets a stretch 4 to pair with Gobert and a young back up pg.

Minny gets Favors, 24, and 30.

Wolves get a physical presence in the paint that can mesh with KAT.

24+ 30

If OG drops, then take him at 24 and Jordan Bell at 30.
If OG is gone, then take Giles at 24 and give a 1st round promise to Justin Jackson (Maryland) to stay in the draft.

Jackson has some great measurables and can guard 3-5 due to his size and length. He can do a little of everything and his 4 pt shoot looked great last year.

You would trade 7 for an expiring player?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#586 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Going a little different here.

Say Thibs falls in love with Smith or another guard he sees as PGOF. Really 2016 draft all over again.

Philly goes Jackson, just can't pass that talent up. With that we all know Dunn and LaVine would complete their backcourt so well.

Dunn + LaVine for Saric + Covington + TLC

Wolves:
Towns | Dieng | Aldrich
Saric | Bjelica | Covington
Covington | Wiggins | Vet 3D
Wiggins | TLC | Vet 3D
Rubio | Smith | Jones
Thibs asks Rubio to bridge yet another season and the trade rumors for Rubio continue.

Philly:
Embiid | Oak | Vet Big
Simmons | Holmes
Jackson | Simmons
LaVine | Bayless | Anderson
Dunn | Vet PG | McConnell
trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Post#587 » by trevor0333 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:06 pm

In the draft I think Fultz & Jackson are the clear top 2 & then the next 6 are a notch below with similar potential & ability. The prevailing thought seems to be it will be guard heavy at the top leaving the Wolves one of the bigs to choose from. My concern is that rarely happens & the guards while very good are poor fits on this team.

I'm not a trade Rubio guy but am resigned to the fact Thibs/Layden are. My thought is offer up Rubio, Bazz, #7 for to the Kings for WCS, Afflalo, & #5.

This gives the Wolves a better opportunity to take a forward they feel fits better with Towns & Wiggins while getting WCS to put into the rotation with Dieng & Towns. Kings clear up Afflalo who's minutes will go to Hield, Galloway, & Bazzy while getting Rubio to setup Hield to really succeed.

Tyus/Dunn
Lavine/Dunn/Afflalo
Wiggins/#5 (Isaac/Tatum/Markkanen)
Towns/Bjelica
Dieng/WCS/Aldrich
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#588 » by Krapinsky » Thu May 18, 2017 4:55 pm

trevor0333 wrote:In the draft I think Fultz & Jackson are the clear top 2 & then the next 6 are a notch below with similar potential & ability. The prevailing thought seems to be it will be guard heavy at the top leaving the Wolves one of the bigs to choose from. My concern is that rarely happens & the guards while very good are poor fits on this team.

I'm not a trade Rubio guy but am resigned to the fact Thibs/Layden are. My thought is offer up Rubio, Bazz, #7 for to the Kings for WCS, Afflalo, & #5.

This gives the Wolves a better opportunity to take a forward they feel fits better with Towns & Wiggins while getting WCS to put into the rotation with Dieng & Towns. Kings clear up Afflalo who's minutes will go to Hield, Galloway, & Bazzy while getting Rubio to setup Hield to really succeed.

Tyus/Dunn
Lavine/Dunn/Afflalo
Towns/Bjelica
Dieng/WCS/Aldrich

Yikes. I really, really don't like that trade. Project big men like WCS are basically up fro grabs in the NBA right now. I don't se much value there. Afflalo is a negative and only makes the trade worse.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
subwayJ
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#589 » by subwayJ » Thu May 18, 2017 10:46 pm

The views on WCS are obviously world's apart.

I think he has huge value.
His defensive ability plus the offensive game he showed post all star break last year is a rare combo. Add to that he relationship with KAT and the ability they would have to both big positions together results I my liking him even more for the wolves.

Interested to hear others take on him and why they do or don't like him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#590 » by wablty » Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 pm

WCS has plenty of value as a potential high end roleplayer, but I don't think you want to move up and try to add value to get him. On the flipside, if the Kings get a SF at 5 but are in love with one of the PGs and don't want to risk waiting to see if he's there at 10, something like the 7 and a dude (i.e. Jones) for WCS and #10 makes a lot of sense.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#591 » by Krapinsky » Thu May 18, 2017 10:57 pm

We have a future first team all-nba center on our team. I don't see why we would use any significant assets to get another center.

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,718

Post#592 » by minimus » Fri May 19, 2017 2:55 am

After AllStar team announcement Butler is officially out of reach, Hayward if decides to change situation will likely go to Boston. George??? I don't know why Larry Bird didn't trade PG13 to ATL for four first round picks.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#593 » by Streakers33 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:39 am

Anyone else feel as if we will strike out with free agents his year again? Combo platter of the rumors of thibs over working guys and being in Minnesota..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#594 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:14 am

To Dallas: Rubio + 24

To Jazz: 9 (Markkanen)

To Wolves: Favors + Matthews

Other filler can be thrown around too, like Harris and Aldrich.

Wolves draft Isaac or Thibs falls in love with another PGOF.

If Isaac, he can develop from the bench (gain muscle) and serve as insurance if Favors doesn't re-sign. If Favors does re-sign he is bench player getting SF and PF minutes.

If PGOF, I guess PG trade rumors (now Dunn) continue for Thibs and Wolves.

C: Towns | Dieng
F: Favors | Bjelica
F: Wiggins | Matthews
G: LaVine | Wiggins
G: Dunn | Jones | Vet PG -- who might be capable starter caliber if Dunn not ready.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#595 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:22 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:To Dallas: Rubio + 24

If Isaac, he can develop from the bench (gain muscle) and serve as insurance if Favors doesn't re-sign. If Favors does re-sign he is bench player getting SF and PF minutes.

G: Dunn | Jones | Vet PG -- who might be capable starter caliber if Dunn not ready.

Other version if Wolves want to avoid Matthews contract and Mavs may want to keep him for next to Rubio...

To Dallas: Rubio + 24

To Jazz: Powell + 9 (Markkanen)

To Wolves: Favors + Harris

F: Wiggins | Vet 3D
G: Dunn | Jones | Harris or Vet PG -- who might be capable starter caliber if Dunn not ready.
slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#596 » by slinky » Fri May 19, 2017 12:59 pm

trevor0333 wrote:In the draft I think Fultz & Jackson are the clear top 2 & then the next 6 are a notch below with similar potential & ability. The prevailing thought seems to be it will be guard heavy at the top leaving the Wolves one of the bigs to choose from. My concern is that rarely happens & the guards while very good are poor fits on this team.

Tyus/Dunn
Lavine/Dunn/Afflalo
Towns/Bjelica
Dieng/WCS/Aldrich

My biggest issue with this trade is that i would feel like I need to draft a PG at #5 then. Now I get your premise is that Thibs is sold on Dunn/Jones(which is why he willing to trade Rubio), but that would scare me. I am also in the camp that says there really is not much difference between 5 and 7 for me prospect wise. I wouldn't trade Rubio for WCS right now. And Bazz has more value to me than Affalo

I also would rather take a trip through FA before I settled on Affalo for one year. Keeping in mind that we basically have 1 year to spend money before extensions being tacked on to our cap. So in my mind, we only get 12.5 million dollar player for 1 year. Would rather see if I can stretch that 12.5 over a few years. For example, i would take Bazz at 12.5 for a few years over Affalo.

I am not good at putting together trades, so i won't try...but I would be more looking trying to get Aldrich and his contract into the trade(perhaps with assumption of us cutting Affalo and saving $11 million), to give us a little more room. If I was adding WCS, I don't need my at best 3rd C eating into my cap that much.
slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#597 » by slinky » Fri May 19, 2017 1:24 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:To Dallas: Rubio + 24

Favors scares me personally. What kind of contract does he get after next year? Does he approach near max money? And he has struggled a bit with injuries last couple years.

In a very quick and dirty comparison...he seems like a slightly better version of Gorgui. Both have similar rebound and block % and I would guess with less Usage their offensive numbers look similar too. I also give Gorgui some credit that he has some range on jump shot for when KAT does want to head into the post.

Now everything being equal I would rather have Favors over Dieng(as he is better man defender), but not sure the distinction is worth Rubio. I think it comes down to do you want KAT playing more outside(than you like Favors more) or do you want him playing more inside(is which case Dieng makes more sense).

For whats its worth I do really like Matthews for this team. But his contract is such that I would be interested in what FA has to offer first.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#598 » by fattymcgee » Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm

minimus wrote:After AllStar team announcement Butler is officially out of reach, Hayward if decides to change situation will likely go to Boston. George??? I don't know why Larry Bird didn't trade PG13 to ATL for four first round picks.

I don't get why people have a hard-on for this trade, I wouldn't do it if I were the Pacers. Those 4 picks aren't that good. The Cleveland pick is virtually a 2nd round pick, the Wolves pick is lottery protected, and the 2 Atlanta picks will most likely not be in the lottery. Quantity does not come close to quality, especially in a rebuild.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#599 » by Krapinsky » Fri May 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Here's another trade idea with Philly:

Lavine + 7 (Monk, Smith?) for Saric +3 (Jackson).

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#600 » by Merc_Porto » Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Here's another trade idea with Philly:

Lavine + 7 (Monk, Smith?) for Saric +3 (Jackson).

Pretty good but i don't think Philly sees Lavine > Saric.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves