Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Re: ***2017 Playoffs Thread*** 

Post#121 » by ace625214 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:37 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:Who are the folks here who wanted Pau on this team last summer? Please stand up. The guy is done. Also there were 2 Murrays better than KD in the draft.

He's getting old and can't play a ton of minutes, but he still had good stats and was efficient. Over 50% from 2 and almost 54% from 3? How is that done? His defense was never his strong point.

haha, I take it as you were one those people. He's washed up. We dodged a bullet not having to pay him a ton of cash. Thanks Pau for going to SA.

No, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm one of those people. He would have been OK on the team, but not a great fit, especially for the money. I was just questioning how you could call a very efficient offensive player who started half the season on one of the top 3 teams in the league "done". Obviously Popovich must be an idiot for continuing to start him in the playoffs.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#122 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri May 12, 2017 2:46 am

ace625214 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
He's getting old and can't play a ton of minutes, but he still had good stats and was efficient. Over 50% from 2 and almost 54% from 3? How is that done? His defense was never his strong point.

haha, I take it as you were one those people. He's washed up. We dodged a bullet not having to pay him a ton of cash. Thanks Pau for going to SA.

No, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm one of those people. He would have been OK on the team, but not a great fit, especially for the money. I was just questioning how you could call a very efficient offensive player who started half the season on one of the top 3 teams in the league "done". Obviously Popovich must be an idiot for continuing to start him in the playoffs.

WTH are you talking about? he's a 6 & 6 guy shooting below 40% in this playoffs. He's washed up and done. He's been a complete dud in SA relative to expectations. Some people even believed that he was going to better than grandpa Tim. lol.

And Pop gets away with a ton of stuff. And no, he's not an idiot, but he chews out Pau's ass all the time for screwing up on the floor.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,316

Post#123 » by Calinks » Fri May 12, 2017 4:36 am

Everytime it looks like Dantoni has finally managed to wipe the stigma of his system, he runs into pop and it blows up in his face lol. But really, dude always gets right there and then it just goes to crap.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#124 » by Krapinsky » Fri May 12, 2017 5:16 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

WTH are you talking about? he's a 6 & 6 guy shooting below 40% in this playoffs. He's washed up and done. He's been a complete dud in SA relative to expectations. Some people even believed that he was going to better than grandpa Tim. lol.

And Pop gets away with a ton of stuff. And no, he's not an idiot, but he chews out Pau's ass all the time for screwing up on the floor.

Quite the overstatement. Pau had a very good year. 20 + PER (2nd on team behind Kwahi), 1.89 WS/48 (same), 2.4 VORP (same), 2.16 RPM (ahead of Towns).
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882

Post#125 » by Klomp » Fri May 12, 2017 8:31 am

Calinks wrote:Everytime it looks like Dantoni has finally managed to wipe the stigma of his system, he runs into pop and it blows up in his face lol. But really, dude always gets right there and then it just goes to crap.

But let's model our franchise after the Rockets! It was one game.....oh wait, never mind.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,717

Post#126 » by minimus » Fri May 12, 2017 11:42 am

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Everytime it looks like Dantoni has finally managed to wipe the stigma of his system, he runs into pop and it blows up in his face lol. But really, dude always gets right there and then it just goes to crap.

But let's model our franchise after the Rockets! It was one game.....oh wait, never mind.

HOU roster is mediocre at best. And D'Antoni loses against Pop. Not a bad result.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#127 » by karch34 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Agreed. Pop makes a lot of coaches look bad. The system is fine.
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#128 » by alabamawolf » Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 pm

If you can't play defense you won't win in the playoffs. You can run the up tempo system but the game slows down in the playoffs and you have to be able to play in the half court
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#129 » by cpfsf » Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Who are the folks here who wanted Pau on this team last summer? Please stand up. The guy is done. Also there were 2 Murrays better than KD in the draft.

i don't really think gasol interest was really a thing here. his name was dropped every now and then, and i may have considered him a possibility too. whatever interest anyone had pretty much dropped after the cole aldrich signing.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#130 » by Worm Guts » Fri May 12, 2017 5:16 pm

cpfsf wrote:

i don't really think gasol interest was really a thing here. his name was dropped every now and then, and i may have considered him a possibility too. whatever interest anyone had pretty much dropped after the cole aldrich signing.

It was at least rumored that we went after him, but he wanted significantly more from us than he took from the Spurs.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#131 » by cpfsf » Fri May 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
cpfsf wrote:

It was at least rumored that we went after him, but he wanted significantly more from us than he took from the Spurs.

yup. the forum was lukewarm to gasol. the team made an effort to check the asking price (which they should have).

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#132 » by Calinks » Sun May 14, 2017 9:12 pm

There is a damn hit out for Kawahi's ankle.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#133 » by Calinks » Sun May 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Poor Spurs man. Talk about horrendous fortune. Damn that loss will hurt bad.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#134 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun May 14, 2017 11:09 pm

Looking at this Kawhi situation makes me appreciate having guys like KAT and AW plus maybe Zach on the team for years to come. Kawhi goes down and Spurs have a past his prime LMA to turn to to get points and he's just not enough. Pau is done as a scorer, Manu has some magic but just too old. If Warriors lose Curry or KD they can survive.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#135 » by Maefteda » Sun May 14, 2017 11:12 pm

KAT will be a really tough match-up for the Warriors. Really hope we can build a good team around him. Imagine him instead of Gasol for the Spurs today. Yikes.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#136 » by southern wolf » Mon May 15, 2017 2:13 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Looking at this Kawhi situation makes me appreciate having guys like KAT and AW plus maybe Zach on the team for years to come. Kawhi goes down and Spurs have a past his prime LMA to turn to to get points and he's just not enough. Pau is done as a scorer, Manu has some magic but just too old. If Warriors lose Curry or KD they can survive.

Survive against the Spurs or Cavs though? I don't think so. Klay is too inconsistent. Luckily for them though, all the injuries have hit their opponents.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#137 » by Calinks » Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Looking at this Kawhi situation makes me appreciate having guys like KAT and AW plus maybe Zach on the team for years to come. Kawhi goes down and Spurs have a past his prime LMA to turn to to get points and he's just not enough. Pau is done as a scorer, Manu has some magic but just too old. If Warriors lose Curry or KD they can survive.

Having multiple options is huge. I also still believe Love>Aldridge too. At least when it comes to reliable scoring.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#138 » by theGreatRC » Tue May 16, 2017 1:18 am

Maefteda wrote:KAT will be a really tough match-up for the Warriors. Really hope we can build a good team around him. Imagine him instead of Gasol for the Spurs today. Yikes.

Zach, Wigg and KAT have all went off against the dubs. I think we match up pretty well with them too with Ricky on Steph and Wiggs on Klay.

Problem is someone has to guard KD if someone is on Steph & Klay and thats why they are so unstoppable
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,163

Re: RE: Re: ***2017 Playoffs Thread*** 

Post#139 » by _AIJ_ » Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Maefteda wrote:KAT will be a really tough match-up for the Warriors. Really hope we can build a good team around him. Imagine him instead of Gasol for the Spurs today. Yikes.

Zach, Wigg and KAT have all went off against the dubs. I think we match up pretty well with them too with Ricky on Steph and Wiggs on Klay.

Problem is someone has to guard KD if someone is on Steph & Klay and thats why they are so unstoppable

Dont forget Shabazz owned the warriors too

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#140 » by southern wolf » Sat May 20, 2017 1:35 am

The Cavs right now... My god :o

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves