Butler?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Butler? 

Post#21 » by C.lupus » Fri May 19, 2017 9:41 pm

GopherIt! wrote:lets assume they are willing to deal and it's LaVine, Dieng + 7.
Wolves sign Millsap and another backup big.

Rubio/Tyus
Wiggins/Dunn
Butler/Bazz
Millsap/???
KAT/Cole

is this team good enough to beat cleveland or the warriors?

Gotta have a bench to beat the big boys and that bench is really bad.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#22 » by LordBaldric » Fri May 19, 2017 10:28 pm

I have no interest in trading for Butler, mainly due to his age.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#23 » by shrink » Sat May 20, 2017 12:45 am

GopherIt! wrote:lets assume they are willing to deal and it's LaVine, Dieng + 7.
Wolves sign Millsap and another backup big.

Rubio/Tyus
Wiggins/Dunn
Butler/Bazz
Millsap/???
KAT/Cole

is this team good enough to beat cleveland or the warriors?

No. But i doubt there is any move that any team can make, that would allow them to beat the Cavs and Warriors in two 7-game series. And that includes being able to draw Gordon Hayward.

The reason you do this though is that you bank on Wiggins and Towns continueing to develop, and become All-NBA stars. Then your focus is on your growth in addition to decline from CLE and GSW to give you a shot in 2019 and beyond.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#24 » by Krapinsky » Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Based on what I am seeing from CLE and GSW, there is no reason to cash in any chips now. The best long term plan is to wait for our time in 3-4 years and let the pups' talent develop. In that sense, I think most decisions should be made not to improve the roster next year, but to make sure the roster peaks 3-4 years down the road.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Butler? 

Post#25 » by Streakers33 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Based on what I am seeing from CLE and GSW, there is no reason to cash in any chips now. The best long term plan is to wait for our time in 3-4 years and let the pups' talent develop. In that sense, I think most decisions should be made not to improve the roster next year, but to make sure the roster peaks 3-4 years down the road.

That's awesome.. I agree totally and I think that's why we should be buying talent from teams and find another diamond in the rough.. why not help Portland out of luxury tax..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#26 » by karch34 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Based on what I am seeing from CLE and GSW, there is no reason to cash in any chips now. The best long term plan is to wait for our time in 3-4 years and let the pups' talent develop. In that sense, I think most decisions should be made not to improve the roster next year, but to make sure the roster peaks 3-4 years down the road.

I've started to think this way too. I have no issues with getting a couple solid vets to help with the growth and development (we still need some vets that can play regularly) but not use youth with potential to get one guy that won't move the needle or lock in cap space for a long time that prevents the move that would take us to the next level a couple years down the road.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#27 » by theGreatRC » Sat May 20, 2017 10:44 pm

The two teams that can take down CLE & GSW are the Wolves and the Bucks.

Both teams have superstar talents in KAT & Giannis

Both teams have the 2nd and 3rd pieces: Wiggins/Lavine & Parker/Middleton

Now it's just a matter of putting the final supporting pieces and let these guys grow.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#28 » by shrink » Sun May 21, 2017 12:27 am

theGreatRC wrote:

Now it's just a matter of putting the final supporting pieces and let these guys grow.

I agree, though I am probably lower on jabari, and I don't see a way for MIL to improve.

If PHI gets lucky and healthy, maybe they can challenge too.

But I agree with the premise. MIN needs to look at 2019 or 2020, and market themselves that way to free agents this summer. I'd prefer to avoid guys like Milsap and Reddick, who won't be as helpful in 3 years, and I like Hayward, JaMychel Green, etc, or else change the cap space into assets.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#29 » by SO_MONEY » Mon May 22, 2017 1:55 am

minimus wrote:Yeah, I'm sure our FO would make this deal. But Boston can offer a better deal

No they wouldn't.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#30 » by minimus » Mon May 22, 2017 4:42 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
minimus wrote:Yeah, I'm sure our FO would make this deal. But Boston can offer a better deal

No they wouldn't.

Pourquoi?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#31 » by minimus » Mon May 22, 2017 4:48 am

theGreatRC wrote:

There is no way we can win 7 game series again these two simply by developing talents. The chemistry that CLE and GSW have developed over last years is just incredible. We are nowhere close to them.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#32 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:58 am

pipfan wrote:Hello Minny fans-
Your team is one of my favorites. I love Thibs, Rubio, KAT and Wiggins. Would you guys do this?

Butler/Grant for #7, Lavine, Dunn
could be arranged so bulls take back salary, if necessary.

I think adding Butler would be a great draw to get a guy like Ibaka or Milsap interested, and Minny could REALLY jump next year

So, how close am I? I want us to rebuild, and I am looking for feedback

thanks

Bump.

Pipfan just missed the #16 pick coming back to MN.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#33 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:59 am

Krapinsky wrote:Bump.

But instead had the No. 19 from 2 years ago. Not bad...
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#34 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 am

Krapinsky wrote:
pipfan wrote:Hello Minny fans-
Your team is one of my favorites. I love Thibs, Rubio, KAT and Wiggins. Would you guys do this?

Butler/Grant for #7, Lavine, Dunn
could be arranged so bulls take back salary, if necessary.

I think adding Butler would be a great draw to get a guy like Ibaka or Milsap interested, and Minny could REALLY jump next year

So, how close am I? I want us to rebuild, and I am looking for feedback

thanks

Bump.

Great bump :lol:

Pipfan the real MVP
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#35 » by TwolvesFanRome » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:12 am

I already love this man!!!
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#36 » by RationalGaze » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:17 am

grats
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#37 » by MN7725 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:30 am

Be cool if Jimmy said at press conference:

1) This is KAT's team, he will be the best big man in the league next year, KAT winning a MVP at some point is my goal
2) If Wig isn't considered a better player than me at in a couple years, I have failed as a mentor/leader
3) Can't wait to sign an extension

Just get all the BS story lines out of the way
Biggsohnasty
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#38 » by Biggsohnasty » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:24 am

^ I'd rather have him say 'I'm gonna be a badass out here and if KAT wants this to be 'his team' he better take it.'

Butler is this team's best player now. KAT should be in due time and Wiggins should be up there too but make no mistake, Butler is NOT this team's third option. He shouldn't be expected to take a back seat to the young guys because they've been here for a while and show a lot of potential.

I thought the Butler ship had sailed a long time ago and I've been proven very wrong. I also was against the idea of trading for him but as time has gone on I've gotten more and more okay with it and after seeing the 7th pick was Markennen I'm totally on board. I, like most, am guilty of overvaluing draft picks and while I do worry a bit that this hurts the potential long term ceiling of the team, Butler is really good and should age well enough that he's an effective player for another 5-6 years.

Now they better fill out that bench - by adding a starter to push Dieng or just by finding good bench pieces.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves