ImageImageImage

What would the T'Wolves want with Derrick Rose?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

coolcono
Senior
And1: 115

What would the T'Wolves want with Derrick Rose? 

Post#1 » by coolcono » Thu May 25, 2017 2:04 am

The only he should be coming here is if Rubio is on the move, but we need more distribution than PPG>
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: What would the T'Wolves want with Derrick Rose? 

Post#2 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu May 25, 2017 2:43 am

coolcono wrote:The only he should be coming here is if Rubio is on the move, but we need more distribution than PPG>

Only possiblity I see is if:

Thibbs wants lavine only as a starter.
Bazz is not brought back.
Thibs sees Rose as an instant offense combo guard that can play with Dunn (smart type role as a defensive bulldog) on the second unit.
Rose takes a cheap contact in exchange for familiarity.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#3 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:25 am

Or Rubio is on way out and Rose is his "old shoe" bridge vet.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#4 » by minimus » Thu May 25, 2017 4:15 am

There is a problem. Earlier this year Rose said that he believes that he is max contract player. So all this rumors are complete trash.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#5 » by PharmD » Thu May 25, 2017 4:17 am

I guess somebody has to sweep the floor.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#6 » by theGreatRC » Thu May 25, 2017 7:23 am

**** Derrick Rose
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#7 » by LibertyPrime » Thu May 25, 2017 7:41 am

It's the return of the BS New York rumor train!
"The last domino falls here!"
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#8 » by Basti » Thu May 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Rose takes a cheap contact in exchange for familiarity.

If the reports are true, everyone and their mothers know that won't happen.

In fairness, though, those reports were published before his last injury.
Biggsohnasty
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#9 » by Biggsohnasty » Thu May 25, 2017 6:39 pm

I know Rose isn't the player he once was but wow why is there so much venom towards Rose on this board?

Don't necessarily want him as our starting point guard or on our team but did I miss something that made him the most unlikable player in the league?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,628

Post#10 » by shrink » Thu May 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Biggsohnasty wrote:I know Rose isn't the player he once was but wow why is there so much venom towards Rose on this board?

Don't necessarily want him as our starting point guard or on our team but did I miss something that made him the most unlikable player in the league?

Remember when he just disappeared from NY, the Knicks had no idea where he was, and he went to Chicago? Then followed it up the next day by saying he expected a max deal?

Dat ain't good.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#11 » by Krapinsky » Thu May 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Biggsohnasty wrote:I know Rose isn't the player he once was but wow why is there so much venom towards Rose on this board?

The whole rape trial, innocent or not, wasn't a good look either.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Biggsohnasty
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#12 » by Biggsohnasty » Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 pm

Okay he's got a little baggage but he's usually a fairly quiet guy who stays out of the media - until he went to NY where every little thing gets magnified.

I'm not personally bothered by him disappearing from NY - it was weird but I guess it didn't really change anything I thought about him. weird stuff happens in the NBA where you just kind of shake your head and move to the next day. That happened in NY so it was a huge thing.

Again, don't really like the idea of signing him but I'm not sure I'm ready to say I'll boycott the team if they bring him in. Can't be worse than JJ Barea.

Now if they sign him to a max deal, I'd be pretty furious. He's a pretty bad fit for the team.

I just find the hatred and venom toward him a bit odd I guess.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#13 » by LordBaldric » Thu May 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Biggsohnasty wrote:Okay he's got a little baggage but he's usually a fairly quiet guy who stays out of the media - until he went to NY where every little thing gets magnified.

I'm not personally bothered by him disappearing from NY - it was weird but I guess it didn't really change anything I thought about him. weird stuff happens in the NBA where you just kind of shake your head and move to the next day. That happened in NY so it was a huge thing.

Again, don't really like the idea of signing him but I'm not sure I'm ready to say I'll boycott the team if they bring him in. Can't be worse than JJ Barea.

Now if they sign him to a max deal, I'd be pretty furious. He's a pretty bad fit for the team.

Stays out of the media?!? The dude was always putting his foot in his mouth in Chicago. And then wait to get a hold of his loud mouthed brother Reggie.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#14 » by TwolvesFanRome » Thu May 25, 2017 8:42 pm

I dont understand the problem with Rose too.

He was a star...he has 29ys...he can come back the previous Rose with thibs...what is the problem? Maybe Is he a player who has been a star? And we at Minneapolis do not sign one that I do not know how long? ...are better mediocre players?

I will be happy in that case...

Rose
Lavine
Wiggins
Dieng
Towns

A great S5...
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#15 » by FinnTheHuman » Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:I dont understand the problem with Rose too.

He was a star...he has 29ys...he can come back the previous Rose with thibs...what is the problem? Maybe Is he a player who has been a star? And we at Minneapolis do not sign one that I do not know how long? ...are better mediocre players?

I will be happy in that case...

Rose
Lavine
Wiggins
Dieng
Towns

A great S5...

The problem is he was a star because of his ability to finish around the rim in the seemingly impossible situations because of his insane athleticism. He has never known how to pass, but his drives were more efficient than passing back in the day so it didn't matter. Now that he can't finish around the rim on that level, he is an inefficient chucker who can't see an open man to save his life. If you watched the Knicks this season, you'd know that he sucks hard.

To me, he is the worst starting point guard in the nba, and he has no business starting on any team whatsoever.

If we sign this guy on a double digit contract, Thibs is a buffoon.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#16 » by Basti » Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 pm

My dislike towards Rose has absolutely nothing to do with his off-court persona. It is purely based on the fact that I don't think he's a valuable point guard anymore. An inefficient chucker who can't score from deep with tunnel vision and no defense on top of that? Yeah, that's not the player I want running the show. It's hard enough to see Wiggins display similar "qualities" often enough but he's still young and he shouldn't be running the offense to begin with.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,628

Post#17 » by shrink » Thu May 25, 2017 11:17 pm

LordBaldric wrote:
Biggsohnasty wrote:Okay he's got a little baggage but he's usually a fairly quiet guy who stays out of the media - until he went to NY where every little thing gets magnified.

Stays out of the media?!? The dude was always putting his foot in his mouth in Chicago. And then wait to get a hold of his loud mouthed brother Reggie.

Right! Didn't he say in CHI something like, regardless of his max deal, he wasn't going to play his hardest if it meant that he risked having leg problems after he retired?

And rape trials arent "a little baggage" to me.

Lastly, as a player, he gets injured, doesn't defend and can't shoot the three.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#18 » by King Malta » Thu May 25, 2017 11:45 pm

shrink wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:

Right! Didn't he say in CHI something like, regardless of his max deal, he wasn't going to play his hardest if it meant that he risked having leg problems after he retired?

And rape trials arent "a little baggage" to me.

Lastly, as a player, he gets injured, doesn't defend and can't shoot the three.

This attitude was what killed him for me, you're getting paid tens of millions of dollars by your team and you're not going to put in 100%?! If it's that **** bad retire and let your team spend that money elsewhere. The whole disappearance in New York was a joke too.

The guy's a low level character and a pretty poor basketballer now, do not want under any circumstance.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,938

Post#19 » by Klomp » Fri May 26, 2017 12:00 am

The fact that the Spurs are mentioned in the rumor makes me seriously question the legitimacy of the rumor.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#20 » by C.lupus » Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 am

Basti wrote:My dislike towards Rose has absolutely nothing to do with his off-court persona. It is purely based on the fact that I don't think he's a valuable point guard anymore. An inefficient chucker who can't score from deep with tunnel vision and no defense on top of that? Yeah, that's not the player I want running the show. It's hard enough to see Wiggins display similar "qualities" often enough but he's still young and he shouldn't be running the offense to begin with.

This. Plus throw on top of what Basti said the fact that he's had four knee surgeries and he will be 29 when the season starts.

If the Wolves were shallow at PG and he was willing to take an MLE-level (or less) offer, I might consider it. But the Wolves are three deep at that position and have a high draft pick in a PG-heavy draft and he wants more money, so...no, not worth considering at all.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves