Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 161

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Re: Are you happy with the Butler trade? 

Post#161 » by walk with me » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:17 am

Some of these responses are cringe lol...

You get a certified all star who's entering his prime and some of you are unsure about it? Sheesh....
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Post#162 » by Peezo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:52 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Peezo wrote:I also hope Kris figures it out. I felt like he needed more time too. But hopefully an offseason and a new city unlocks some of that talent for him.

I honestly could care less about Dunn. Never should have been a wolf. Could have been traded for big ransom at last years draft.

That's cool I guess. I think he is a good kid who played hard. He also said he liked MIN, which many have not. I hope he gets it right. And if we got, for instance that PHI deal last year, we likely would not have Jimmy today.
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,813

Post#163 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,813

Post#164 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:40 pm

The Timberwolves already had a team capable of making some noise in the Western Conference in years to come before they acquired Butler. By flipping LaVine and Dunn for him instead of Wiggins or Towns, they didn’t sacrifice much of their future in the process. The Timberwolves were a better team without LaVine on the court last season and Dunn had one of the most disappointing rookie seasons in recent memory. Butler, who is coming off of his best season as a pro, will take over both of their roles as the starting shooting guard and backup point guard, doing so at a higher level.

It’s why the Timberwolves walk away from the trade as the clear winner.

http://fansided.com/2017/06/23/jimmy-butler-trade-timberwolves-towns-wiggins/
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#165 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hahaha.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#166 » by Streakers33 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:04 pm

Klomp wrote:The Timberwolves already had a team capable of making some noise in the Western Conference in years to come before they acquired Butler. By flipping LaVine and Dunn for him instead of Wiggins or Towns, they didn’t sacrifice much of their future in the process. The Timberwolves were a better team without LaVine on the court last season and Dunn had one of the most disappointing rookie seasons in recent memory. Butler, who is coming off of his best season as a pro, will take over both of their roles as the starting shooting guard and backup point guard, doing so at a higher level.

It’s why the Timberwolves walk away from the trade as the clear winner.

http://fansided.com/2017/06/23/jimmy-butler-trade-timberwolves-towns-wiggins/

Ty klomp. That was perfect.. we all whine here about missing the playoffs.. our coach got a stud to add to the lineup and we have zero excuses now to win...and maybe a top tier or even a second tier FA might actually look at us instead of signing the rushs and hills of the world..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#167 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Peezo wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Peezo wrote:I also hope Kris figures it out. I felt like he needed more time too. But hopefully an offseason and a new city unlocks some of that talent for him.

I honestly could care less about Dunn. Never should have been a wolf. Could have been traded for big ransom at last years draft.

That's cool I guess. I think he is a good kid who played hard. He also said he liked MIN, which many have not. I hope he gets it right. And if we got, for instance that PHI deal last year, we likely would not have Jimmy today.

Meh, I think Lavine and #7 would have still done it, maybe no #16 coming back and a 2nd rounder instead.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,781

Post#168 » by beeshma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Bulls fan here...for the t-wolves fans who voted they are unhappy with the trade, I'm curious which player you would have drafted at 7?
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,868

Post#169 » by Jammer » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:43 pm

I think that you could say that it's a fair trade for both sides.

Think of it this way.

Part 1) Jimmy Butler for Zach LaVine (recovering from ACL tear) + 2017 #7 pick.
Part 2) Kris Dunn for 2017 #16 pick.

If there's an unfair part it's the Dunn for #16 trade. Dunn is a bit of a question mark, whereas Justin Patton could be a stud.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,398

Post#170 » by shrink » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:26 pm

beeshma wrote:Bulls fan here...for the t-wolves fans who voted they are unhappy with the trade, I'm curious which player you would have drafted at 7?

Personally, I think Dennis Smith Jr has a chance to be a star in this league. I was comfortable with Rubio-Dunn-Tyus at PG, but I didn't feel any of them were such a lock for our future that I wouldn't have chosen him because of position overcrowding. I'd have looked for trades for 1-2 of those three later.

However, if Thibs believed in Dunn for the future and Rubio for now, I'd have recommended trading down the #7 pick in an auction. I would probably have listened to all bids, and if none of them blew me away, just take the Knicks offer of #8 plus whatever. When they surprised me and took Ntilinka, I'd open the auction again for #8. I suspect DET or BOS would have outbid DAL, but I'm sure a lot of teams would be interested in DSJ, just like the PG-packed Wolves should have been. With the DET pick at #12, Thibs would probably have ended up with the same player we drafted. I have no idea what BOS would have offered.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Post#171 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:57 pm

LordBaldric wrote:I'm not worried about Zach blowing up in Chicago. I'm sleeping easy.

Hold up. I recognize you from the Bulls board. Did you defect to the T-Wolves post trade?? :lol:
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#172 » by LordBaldric » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:19 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:I'm not worried about Zach blowing up in Chicago. I'm sleeping easy.

Hold up. I recognize you from the Bulls board. Did you defect to the T-Wolves post trade?? :lol:

Nah. The Bulls are my second favorite team. I wish the Wolves had been able to fleece someone else. :-?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,393

Post#173 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:56 am

Looks right.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#174 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 am

beeshma wrote:Bulls fan here...for the t-wolves fans who voted they are unhappy with the trade, I'm curious which player you would have drafted at 7?

We did a poll thread about it - #1 was Isaac. Since he was gone, #2 was Markkanen. I guess that probably would have been the pick, although there were a few fervent Malik Monk supporters.
"The last domino falls here!"
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#175 » by Streakers33 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:

We did a poll thread about it - #1 was Isaac. Since he was gone, #2 was Markkanen. I guess that probably would have been the pick, although there were a few fervent Malik Monk supporters.

Dsj was by far the most fav behind Isaac..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#176 » by TankCommander17 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:49 pm

I can't believe some people are unhappy with this trade. Not even a wolves fan but Butler is a great player who works hard every game. He is the type of player you want in your team. He gives it 100% every play. Loved watching him develop (nope not a bulls fan either).

I think you guys destroyed the Bulls in that trade. I would be surprised if you don't become a playoff team. You really just need a few tweaks here and there.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves