ImageImageImage

Official Deonte Burton watch

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Re: Official Deonte Burton watch 

Post#21 » by Swish4 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:43 pm

Wow, yeah too heavy for sure. 250 might be a better number for his frame, he can carry alot, but 266 is too fat.
jmoy
Senior
And1: 180

Post#22 » by jmoy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Sounds like a Charles Barkley. Obviuosly not but plays the same with the same size and build. He is the perfect reason to have a D league team. Sorry G league.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#23 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Anyone remember Gary Trent, who came over the Wolves from the Jail Blazers team? He was pretty effective. And nowhere near the 6'8" he was listed as, IIRC. This guy reminds me a little bit of him - super physical, and boy do we need that on this team. The closest thing we have to an enforcer is Cole Aldrich. :banghead:

Klomp wrote:
Swish4 wrote:His arms are really long with broad shoulders, thick chest. Must have close to a 7'0" wingspan. At 6'5" and with his strength and mobility he has a chance.

Wingspan is 6'11.5"

For a guy who's under 6'4" barefoot, that's impressive!

He was weighed at 266 lbs at Portsmouth. Think that's an issue?

Maybe, but I remember people saying the same thing about Jae Crowder when he came into the league at 250. The guy was built like a tight end and people were saying that's too heavy. He panned out pretty well.

Wingspan is very encouraging. Like someone said about Elton Brand back in the the day when he was thought to be undersized, "you don't block shots with your head."
"The last domino falls here!"
jmoy
Senior
And1: 180

Post#24 » by jmoy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 pm

dp
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#25 » by minimus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 am

Klomp wrote:
Swish4 wrote:His arms are really long with broad shoulders, thick chest. Must have close to a 7'0" wingspan. At 6'5" and with his strength and mobility he has a chance.

Wingspan is 6'11.5"

For a guy who's under 6'4" barefoot, that's impressive!

He was weighed at 266 lbs at Portsmouth. Think that's an issue?

If he can improve his body, shed weight a bit, gaining more quickness and speed without losing this wild power, he will have everything to succeed in NBA. I'm not sure but his jumper looks better than Draymond Green's jumper in rookie season.
david_deivid
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#26 » by david_deivid » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:47 am

Hopefully our PJ Tucker! So we can spend the money in other free agents (a point guard and a stretch pf) ... I love it!
What about the other two guys? Charles Cooke and VJ Beachem? Seems like Layden and Thibs are doing a pretty good job! I thinks two of these three guys can make the final roster (we have just 9 players under contract right now and they want to sign a big FA...so no much money to fill the roster. And Thibs use to play 9 or 10 players...so who cares if they are not ready this year).
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#27 » by horaceworthy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Might be my favorite player that went undrafted. Hope we sign him to a 2 way contract and hook him up with Shabazz's trainer.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves