Nobody say no... match made in heaven
8%

Total votes: 26

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Who says no to cp3 on the wolves? 

Post#1 » by walk with me » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:51 pm

So as we all know cp3 opted out. Rumors circulating today that Houston is emerging as a legitamate option but from a personnel standpoint I don't think that gives cp the best chances of reaching a finals.

That leaves him the spurs and I believe the wolves. I dont know all the salary details but from what I've heard the spurs can only offer cp3 13m a year. I don't know what would be available for him signing with the wolves but it can't be any lower than 13m (if that's accurate).

1. Cp
2. Wiggins
3. Butler
4. *filler*
5. Kat

Is a damn formidable team that would be a problem for anyone and also offer all parties involved a damn good chance to get into conference finals/NBA finals.

The time is coming wolves fans!
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Re: Who says no to cp3 on the wolves? 

Post#2 » by prefuse73 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 pm

I would rather just send Hill to Houston to get Beverley and clear Houston's cap so they can attempt and fail to get Paul.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by walk with me » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:09 pm

prefuse73 wrote:I would rather just send Hill to Houston to get Beverley and clear Houston's cap so they can attempt and fail to get Paul.

I actually agree with this... Beverly would be a great fit for the current team. Affordable, pit bull attitude, lock down defense and can knock down 3's.

Adding cp3 to the team would trump cp3 + spurs and cp3 + Houston imo. Just curious what the board thought.
Andri
Junior
And1: 244

Post#4 » by Andri » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:21 pm

I love the "filler" part.

And if we sign CP3, it would be interesting to see how we also "fill" the bench...

I prefer keeping Rubio, and get a solid starter PF, and a reliable bench wing
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
seal
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#5 » by seal » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:24 pm

walk with me wrote:
prefuse73 wrote:I would rather just send Hill to Houston to get Beverley and clear Houston's cap so they can attempt and fail to get Paul.

I actually agree with this... Beverly would be a great fit for the current team. Affordable, pit bull attitude, lock down defense and can knock down 3's.

Adding cp3 to the team would trump cp3 + spurs and cp3 + Houston imo. Just curious what the board thought.

This would be a great trade.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#6 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Getting CP3 means no bench so I don't see how we'd fare any better than the Clippers have who have also had no bench for years
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by walk with me » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:31 pm

lbj273 wrote:Getting CP3 means no bench so I don't see how we'd fare any better than the Clippers have who have also had no bench for years

Blake can't score in the stretch and deandre can't score at all...

Kat is a better scorer than Blake
Then you got Wiggins and jimmy to add on.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#8 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Getting CP3 would presumably involve sending Rubio away. Paul is probably a top 10 player in the league. Thing is he is old and playing on borrowed time with those bone on bone knees of his. It would be an absolute all in attempt to win a title now. The window to win would likely close within 2 years possibly less. I don't know how to vote.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#9 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:09 pm

lbj273 wrote:Getting CP3 means no bench so I don't see how we'd fare any better than the Clippers have who have also had no bench for years

Yeah, I'd hate creating a team that could have six consecutive playoff appearances and five straight 50-win seasons, advancing past the first round three times in that stretch.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,958

Post#10 » by shrink » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:09 pm

I agree that Chris Paul is a top ten player. He's still terrific on offense, making smart plays even if he doesn't do the volume he once did, but he is also a terrific defender. It's amazing at his age that he can switch on two's and even three's, using strength and savvy.

However, Chris Paul is old, and right on the cusp of falling off dramatically. He knows this, and if he is going to chase a ring, he's going to try to work out a trade to CLE. I don't think any team really has a chance to dethrone the Warriors in Paul's timeline, but if someone does, it's CLE. MIN is a good fit for ring chasers on the third or fourth year of their new contracts, not year one or two.

I also suspect MIN's front office can't afford Chris Paul. He would have to take a substantial discount if we were going to be able to fill the rest of this team with competant players. Maybe he would do so, but he used his Player's Association position to change the CBA Rules last year to an over-38 rule, to help make it more palatable for teams to give him a giant contract.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,060

Post#11 » by MN7725 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Clips had Mo Speights, Felton, Bass, Anderson on minimum contracts

Have a stars that can compete, a team will get some bargain vets that don't want to waste their time on a rebuilding
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,930

Post#12 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Don't mean to derail the thread, but honestly, I think you guys are looking at the wrong Clipper. Rubio is still young and arguably a top 10 pg. At PF the Wolves don't have much. Why not go for Blake?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#13 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Andri wrote:I love the "filler" part.

And if we sign CP3, it would be interesting to see how we also "fill" the bench...

Sign the D-League All-Stars? :D
"The last domino falls here!"
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#14 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:Don't mean to derail the thread, but honestly, I think you guys are looking at the wrong Clipper. Rubio is still young and arguably a top 10 pg. At PF the Wolves don't have much. Why not go for Blake?

I don't think so; we already have enough defensive problems in the frontcourt. Plus, we have three guys who are going to be taking a lot of shots in the starting 5 already.

If we're going to grab a Clipper, I'd prefer it to be DeAndre, since he brings something we don't have already.
"The last domino falls here!"
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#15 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Ive honestly hated CP3 and his flopping BS for years now, far too much that I dont think i could root for him.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#16 » by Basti » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 pm

As appealing as it would be to have Chris Paul on the team to make a push for contention for the title, he is too old for the core. He'd give us maybe two or three years and that wouldn't be efficient use of the overall talent of this team because KAT and Wiggins won't have reached their ceilings yet. It wouldn't be a smart decision unless you'd go all in and trade at least one of KAT and Wiggins for another win-now piece.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#17 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:52 pm

CP3 is old an injury prone. Costs a truckload of money. Has every chance of becoming an anchor sinking your salary flexibility. Has a track record of playoffs underachievement. Why?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves