Total votes: 88

TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Re: Priority 

Post#81 » by TheProdigy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:25 pm

AirP. wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:
AirP. wrote:3. Better play from the stretch 4 off the bench, either Bjelica gets better or they find a replacement.

Most teams would be extremely happy with the #17 ranked PF in RPM coming off the bench. He's doing just fine.

Other then his team is 6 points worse per 100 possessions then the other team when he's on the court. As a bad team I get most should be negative but that also means he's part of the problem.

You do realize that statistic is deeply flawed, right? The surrounding teammates skew that statistic. Kris Dunn was the worst offensive pg in the league last season and he was in each of Bjelica's 3 top lineups in terms of minutes played. Look at the year prior to Dunn's arrival, Bjelica shot about 38% from 3.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,813

Post#82 » by AirP. » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:44 pm

DaKidKG wrote:
AirP. wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:Most teams would be extremely happy with the #17 ranked PF in RPM coming off the bench. He's doing just fine.

Other then his team is 6 points worse per 100 possessions then the other team when he's on the court. As a bad team I get most should be negative but that also means he's part of the problem.

You do realize that statistic is deeply flawed, right? The surrounding teammates skew that statistic. Kris Dunn was the worst offensive pg in the league last season and he was in each of Bjelica's 3 top lineups in terms of minutes played. Look at the year prior to Dunn's arrival, Bjelica shot about 38% from 3.

He was a -1.3 per 100 possessions when teamed up with Dunn. When Bjelica was on the court the same time as Towns(who was +11 per 100 possessions) they were a -0.3. Yes he had 5 2 man combos where he was positive with Rush, Aldrich, Rubio, Wiggins and Dieng. It's kind of concerning he dragged Minnesota's best player Towns so far down yet he helped Wiggins(+3.9) greatly.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bjeline01/lineups/2017#lineups-2-man::14
TheProdigy
Starter

Post#83 » by TheProdigy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:10 pm

AirP. wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:
AirP. wrote:Other then his team is 6 points worse per 100 possessions then the other team when he's on the court. As a bad team I get most should be negative but that also means he's part of the problem.

He was a -1.3 per 100 possessions when teamed up with Dunn. When Bjelica was on the court the same time as Towns(who was +11 per 100 possessions) they were a -0.3. Yes he had 5 2 man combos where he was positive with Rush, Aldrich, Rubio, Wiggins and Dieng. It's kind of concerning he dragged Minnesota's best player Towns so far down yet he helped Wiggins(+3.9) greatly.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bjeline01/lineups/2017#lineups-2-man::14

I recommend that you read the article below so you can learn why real plus minus is a much more informative statistic than the raw plus minus figures you keep on referencing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/10740818/introducing-real-plus-minus
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,813

Post#84 » by AirP. » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:24 pm

DaKidKG wrote:
AirP. wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:

I recommend that you read the article below so you can learn why real plus minus is a much more informative statistic than the raw plus minus figures you keep on referencing.

I've read it before, do I need to read it again? It's not like that doesn't have it's flaws also. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it makes the KAT Bjelica pairing look even worse since KAT was a +11 overall.
TheProdigy
Starter

Post#85 » by TheProdigy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:47 pm

AirP. wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:
AirP. wrote:He was a -1.3 per 100 possessions when teamed up with Dunn. When Bjelica was on the court the same time as Towns(who was +11 per 100 possessions) they were a -0.3. Yes he had 5 2 man combos where he was positive with Rush, Aldrich, Rubio, Wiggins and Dieng. It's kind of concerning he dragged Minnesota's best player Towns so far down yet he helped Wiggins(+3.9) greatly.

I've read it before, do I need to read it again? It's not like that doesn't have it's flaws also. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it makes the KAT Bjelica pairing look even worse since KAT was a +11 overall.

Yes you should read it again because clearly you don't understand. It's obvious based on your previous post.

2 player combinations are irrelevant because they don't take into account the other 3 players on the floor. Towns and Rubio's 2 man combination was -0.8! Should we trade Rubio because he doesn't mesh well with Towns? Of course not because we know there are other factors at play.

Read the article.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#86 » by GopherIt! » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 pm

#1 need: 3pt shooting in the starting line up.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#87 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:01 am

Looks like we were all wrong

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves