Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Re: Available Options to Ricky 

Post#201 » by Note30 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:27 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:This and in what way does what LeBron and Durant do have anything to do with what Hayward and Wiggins can do?

Cause they play the same positions, logically we are transferring this over to their counterparts, other SF's who can play multiple positions.

Give me a break. LeBron is possibly the best to ever play the game and he goes 260. So yes he can play whatever position he damn well pleases. As for Durant he's 6'10". Just because those two can do it in no way shape or form indicates that Hayward and Wiggins can do it. Wiggins is freaking 200 pounds. He shouldn't even be playing SF.

Hayward is 6'8 226 LeBron has trimmed down he was 260 back in Miami, but since joining the Cavs he shaved to about 245 ish.

Harrison Barnes plays the 4 all the time. He started playing PF 16 ish games into the season and played the following 66 is at the PF spot.

He weigh 1 lb less than Hayward.

The NBA is getting smaller.

Houston has Ryan Anderson at center sometimes and frequently has Ariza at the 4.

Why not just embrace the mentality?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#202 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Cause they play the same positions, logically we are transferring this over to their counterparts, other SF's who can play multiple positions.

Give me a break. LeBron is possibly the best to ever play the game and he goes 260. So yes he can play whatever position he damn well pleases. As for Durant he's 6'10". Just because those two can do it in no way shape or form indicates that Hayward and Wiggins can do it. Wiggins is freaking 200 pounds. He shouldn't even be playing SF.

Hayward is 6'8 226 LeBron has trimmed down he was 260 back in Miami, but since joining the Cavs he shaved to about 245 ish.

Harrison Barnes plays the 4 all the time. He started playing PF 16 ish games into the season and played the following 66 is at the PF spot.

Houston has Ryan Anderson at center sometimes and frequently has Ariza at the 4.

Harrison Barnes might play PF but he's not good at it. LeBron and Durant are LeBron and Durant. So ridiculous comparing them to any mere mortals like Wiggins and Hayward. So maybe you can embrace the idea that Wiggins would mega suck at the PF spot and certainly wouldn't be the starter at it. Wiggins can't even rebound.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#203 » by Note30 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:44 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Give me a break. LeBron is possibly the best to ever play the game and he goes 260. So yes he can play whatever position he damn well pleases. As for Durant he's 6'10". Just because those two can do it in no way shape or form indicates that Hayward and Wiggins can do it. Wiggins is freaking 200 pounds. He shouldn't even be playing SF.

Harrison Barnes might play some PF but he's not good at it. LeBron and Durant are LeBron and Durant. So ridiculous comparing them to any mere mortals like Wiggins and Hayward.

Some? He's full time now, read the statement above. Hell, basketball reference lists him as a PF for this past season. If you want I'll quote you stats.

Also Harrison Barnes did an amazing job at PF this year I have no idea what you are talking about he average 19 and 5 on 47% shooting. Thats way better than the paltry 10-12 pts he was averaging in Golden State. Sure some of it might be due to his elevated status on the team, but the shooting percentages clearly indicate he wasn't getting killed, quite the opposite.

So many sites credit his dramatic improvement because of his positional change, just look it up.

Uh... dude I never said they were only as good as those two players. Just that they could copy the positional transfers thats all.

Yes, Wiggins can't play the 4. But Hayward has a pretty good shot
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#204 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

Harrison Barnes might play some PF but he's not good at it. LeBron and Durant are LeBron and Durant. So ridiculous comparing them to any mere mortals like Wiggins and Hayward.

Some? He's full time now, read the statement above. Hell, basketball reference lists him as a PF for this past season. If you want I'll quote you stats.

Also Harrison Barnes did an amazing job at PF this year I have no idea what you are talking about he average 19 and 5 on 47% shooting. Thats way better than the paltry 10-12 pts he was averaging in Golden State. Sure some of it might be due to his elevated status on the team, but the shooting percentages clearly indicate he wasn't getting killed, quite the opposite.

So many sites credit his dramatic improvement because of his positional change, just look it up.

Uh... dude I never said they were only as good as those two players. Just that they could copy the positional transfers thats all.

OK you finally acknowledged that Wiggins can't play the 4. As for Hayward sure he could if you wanted to waste his talents. Regardless of being the same listed position as LeBron and Durant that doesn't mean that other SFs can do the same things position wise as they do.

Regardless Hayward is a very fine basketball player and if we got him we could get him minutes, but somebody is going to be coming off the bench, because we aren't starting Butler/Wiggins/Hayward together.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#205 » by Note30 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Harrison Barnes might play some PF but he's not good at it. LeBron and Durant are LeBron and Durant. So ridiculous comparing them to any mere mortals like Wiggins and Hayward.

OK you finally acknowledged that Wiggins can't play the 4. As for Hayward sure he could if you wanted to waste his talents. Regardless Hayward is a very fine basketball player and if we got him we could get him minutes, but somebody is going to be coming off the bench, because we aren't starting Butler/Wiggins/Hayward together.

Thanks for reading the other parts of the statement. You know, nobody likes the guy who brings nothing to the potluck. If you can't look at the way the league is trending I'm not sure we can come to an agreement.

Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#206 » by Note30 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

OK you finally acknowledged that Wiggins can't play the 4. As for Hayward sure he could if you wanted to waste his talents. Regardless Hayward is a very fine basketball player and if we got him we could get him minutes, but somebody is going to be coming off the bench, because we aren't starting Butler/Wiggins/Hayward together.

Thanks for reading the other parts of the statement. You know, nobody likes the guy who brings nothing to the potluck. If you can't look at the way the league is trending I'm not sure we can come to an agreement.

I'm sure you could agree Draymond is an excellent PF, he's 6'7 and weighs only 4 lbs more than Hayward. They have the same wingspan.

So I've listed atleast two PF's now who are the same weight and height roughly and Barnes was a SF at one point. Draymond also played a combo of SF/PF before his role got established (his first two years).

Tobias Harris is another example of a similar player.

Aaron Gordon yet another.

There's no reason Hayward couldn't play PF to start the game. Not all 3 guys are going to be on the court at the same time. We have no bench, Wiggs, Hayward and Butler would all have to sub in and out.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#207 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

I know the league is trending towards some smaller lineups, but it's usually in short stretches. The funny thing is you mentioned Wiggins and Hayward for the four when Butler would be the best one to transition to the four out of the group. If you want to compare a player to LeBron and there is no comparison, but if I had to Butler would currently be the closest thing to LeBron in the league right now.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#208 » by Note30 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:OK you finally acknowledged that Wiggins can't play the 4. As for Hayward sure he could if you wanted to waste his talents. Regardless Hayward is a very fine basketball player and if we got him we could get him minutes, but somebody is going to be coming off the bench, because we aren't starting Butler/Wiggins/Hayward together.

I know the league is trending towards some smaller lineups, but it's usually in short stretches. The funny thing is you mentioned Wiggins and Hayward for the four when Butler would be the best one to transition to the four out of the group. If you want to compare a player to LeBron and there is no comparison, but if I had to Butler would currently be the closest thing to LeBron in the league right now.

But its not just lebron its the five or six other players on that list as well. Sure on defense you can put butler at the four, that would leave Wiggs guarding two and Hayward guarding the 3. Not bad.

D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#209 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Shams Charania ✔ @ShamsCharania
Minnesota and Utah are in active discussions on a deal to send guard Ricky Rubio to the Jazz, league sources tell The Vertical.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#210 » by Feilong » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Loyal[]Wolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 455

Post#211 » by Loyal[]Wolf » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 pm

So, what are we expected to get in return - nothing but an additional $13 in cap space that will be used to sign Lowry and Millsap?

It obviously only makes sense if they already verbally agreed with a point guard.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#212 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Note30 wrote:Some? He's full time now, read the statement above. Hell, basketball reference lists him as a PF for this past season. If you want I'll quote you stats.

So Nerlens Noel was their starting SF? I don't think so....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#213 » by MN7725 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Loyal[]Wolf wrote:So, what are we expected to get in return - nothing but an additional $13 in cap space that will be used to sign Lowry and Millsap?

It obviously only makes sense if they already verbally agreed with a point guard.

best case would be a protected 1st rounder

if its less than lottery protected that would be pretty good

Utah has all their own pics

They have lottery protected OKC pick from '18-'20, than becomes two 2nd picks
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#214 » by metafisical » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Deal done?

Read on Twitter
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#215 » by gaspar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Read on Twitter
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#216 » by MN7725 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 pm

gaspar wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was about the best possible return

Hopefully Russ stays around so that the pick conveys
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#217 » by TheProdigy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:07 pm

metafisical wrote:Deal done?

Read on Twitter

Positive: we're going to get Kyle Lowry.

Negative: we just made Utah even better.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#218 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:07 pm

:vent:
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#219 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 pm

We better get Lowry or we are screwed at PG.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#220 » by champalift » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Wow, good bye Ricky. We better make a splash tomorrow...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves