ImageImageImage

The Jimmy G Buckets thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: The Jimmy G Buckets thread 

Post#221 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Nov 4, 2017 12:24 pm

Markannen has proven me wrong so far. Great shooter!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#222 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 4, 2017 2:38 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:#4 in the nba in clutch points scored so far this year.

Him and wiggins are a major part of why we close games so well. Opposing teams cant load up on one guy at the end of the game, so they take turns making clutch baskets. Btw, wiggs is #2 in the nba for clutch points scored.

Funny....I was told they would get in each other's way...that one would get jealous of the other as the alpha...that there wasn't enough shooting for it to work.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,848

Post#223 » by AirP. » Sat Nov 4, 2017 4:36 pm

Klomp wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:#4 in the nba in clutch points scored so far this year.

Him and wiggins are a major part of why we close games so well. Opposing teams cant load up on one guy at the end of the game, so they take turns making clutch baskets. Btw, wiggs is #2 in the nba for clutch points scored.

Funny....I was told they would get in each other's way...that one would get jealous of the other as the alpha...that there wasn't enough shooting for it to work.

It's why games have been close instead of easy Minnesota blowouts. The lower efficiency scorer is taking more shots. At this point it's simple logic. Some of these games shouldn't be this close.

I guess a win is a win, but the quality of play really should matter to people if you want to be a top team.

Jimmy Butler's BPM has only been negative once in his career(rookie year), he's currently at 0.0.
Wiggins himself is at the worst BPM in his career at -3.7
Teague is negative in BPM for the first time in 5 years at -0.1

I'd say that Minnesota fans might be surprised what would happen if Wiggins missed a few games but Shabazz is even worse then Wiggins at BPM of -5.5.

I really don't think the 2 wings having kind of the same game is working that well together, they're taking turns instead of having synergy. Hopefully for Minnesota's sake they figure something out.
rulas95
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#224 » by rulas95 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 2:37 am

I am very concerned about Jimmy's offensive role in the team, he is a player who can not be limited to being in the corner and throwing.

Thibs should know how to use it better. Even with this, I still look like the leader of this team.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#225 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Nov 5, 2017 2:39 am

I'm not. He's that kind of player that show's up big time when matters the most. I'm not concerned about this low scoring games from him when we have the games under control by the young pups.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#226 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Nov 5, 2017 2:43 am

Jimmy is fine.

Right now, he plays that draymond green type role for us because thats what we need. Jimmy talks about winning and his actions back it up.

And when we need him to play like jordan, he will.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#227 » by King Malta » Sun Nov 5, 2017 4:42 am

What is it now, 6-1 with Jimmy in the team?

I'm not fussed by who takes a backseat or leads the way on offense etc atm, it's clear we're a better team when Jimmy plays and as far as I'm concerned he's worth his weight in gold to us.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#228 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Nov 5, 2017 6:28 am

Read on Twitter

OMG, I love Jimmy.

I couldn't stop laughing when he talked about passing to Taj.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#229 » by AirP. » Sun Nov 5, 2017 2:18 pm

King Malta wrote:What is it now, 6-1 with Jimmy in the team?

I'm not fussed by who takes a backseat or leads the way on offense etc atm, it's clear we're a better team when Jimmy plays and as far as I'm concerned he's worth his weight in gold to us.

Minnesota is 2 last second flings from Wiggins and Crawford from being 4-3. Had just those 2 plays not went Minnesota's way this early in the season would you feel the same way?

If you're a win is a win kinda of person, fine. If you're someone who looks at how this should play out over the long term maybe you think something different. I just believe those types of shots for 3 points each won't be dropping all that often through the year and both were needed to win those games.

I guess people don't care about advanced stats although only 7-9 game sample size so far, Butler currently is negative for BPM the first time since his rookie year. The bigs... Dieng, Towns, Bjelica and Gibson are the only rotational players who aren't negative. Wish I had a way to see the BPM of the team minus those 2 games without Butler.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#230 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:16 pm

But Lauri Maarkennen scores 16 points and grabs 9 rebounds a game on a 2 win team!!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#231 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:45 pm

All I care about is what it takes to win one game at a time. I don't care if we would've lost that OKC game 95 times out of 100. We won the time we needed to, and that's all that matters. Good teams win more close games than they lose them. I believe this is a good team. If you think they're worse than the Bulls team Jimmy had to carry to the playoffs, that's your prerogative. It might not be right, but it's your prerogative.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

King Malta
Starter

Post#232 » by King Malta » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:56 pm

AirP. wrote:
King Malta wrote:What is it now, 6-1 with Jimmy in the team?

Minnesota is 2 last second flings from Wiggins and Crawford from being 4-3. Had just those 2 plays not went Minnesota's way this early in the season would you feel the same way?

If you're a win is a win kinda of person, fine. If you're someone who looks at how this should play out over the long term maybe you think something different. I just believe those types of shots for 3 points each won't be dropping all that often through the year and both were needed to win those games.

I guess people don't care about advanced stats although only 7-9 game sample size so far, Butler currently is negative for BPM the first time since his rookie year. The bigs... Dieng, Towns, Bjelica and Gibson are the only rotational players who aren't negative. Wish I had a way to see the BPM of the team minus those 2 games without Butler.

lol I don't care how they won the games, they did, you can try to move the goalposts to suit your narrative but the simple fact of the matter is that the TWolves are 6-1 with him and looked awful in his absence.

Why the hell wouldn't anyone be a 'win is a win' kind of person when it comes to a team that has had major pieces added/removed only a couple of months ago and is still in it's infancy as far as working as cohesive unit goes? I honestly expected us to struggle considerably for the first 20ish games yet we're sitting at 6-3 after 9 so I'm pretty pleased with that, at the end of the day the final score is what counts and we've found a way to get the W's when last year we almost definitely wouldn't have.
King Malta
Starter

Post#233 » by King Malta » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:56 pm

Klomp wrote:All I care about is what it takes to win one game at a time. I don't care if we would've lost that OKC game 95 times out of 100. We won the time we needed to, and that's all that matters. Good teams win more close games than they lose them. I believe this is a good team. If you think they're worse than the Bulls team Jimmy had to carry to the playoffs, that's your prerogative. It might not be right, but it's your prerogative.

BUT BUT THE ADVANCED STATS
AirP.
RealGM

Post#234 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:51 am

King Malta wrote:lol I don't care how they won the games, they did, you can try to move the goalposts to suit your narrative but the simple fact of the matter is that the TWolves are 6-1 with him and looked awful in his absence.

Why the hell wouldn't anyone be a 'win is a win' kind of person when it comes to a team that has had major pieces added/removed only a couple of months ago and is still in it's infancy as far as working as cohesive unit goes? I honestly expected us to struggle considerably for the first 20ish games yet we're sitting at 6-3 after 9 so I'm pretty pleased with that, at the end of the day the final score is what counts and we've found a way to get the W's when last year we almost definitely wouldn't have.

Because I watched a Bulls team win 60 regular season games and there was a huge gaping hole at SG that I had talked about all year long and the FO wouldn't move a young assets to fix. Just like this board... most of the Bulls fans board could have cared less back then because they were winning regular season games instead of looking at the bigger picture.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#235 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:59 am

AirP. wrote:Because I watched a Bulls team win 60 regular season games and there was a huge gaping hole at SG that I had talked about all year long and the FO wouldn't move a young assets to fix. Just like this board... most of the Bulls fans board could have cared less back then because they were winning regular season games instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Good for you. Maybe you should keep reminiscing about those proud moments of yours on the Bulls board. Here on the Wolves board, we'd like to savor these wins. They haven't come around very often. We weren't blessed with the greatest player in NBA history for a decade, plus a lucky lottery win to get the hometown hero. We've never won 60 games in a season. We've only won more than 50 games in a season twice in 29 seasons. Let us enjoy our wins please. And don't try to tell us "I know how you feel because we had a 6-year run of not making the playoffs," because that crap won't fly here for a fanbase that has waited more than twice as long.

We are happy with the Jimmy Butler trade. From the sounds of it, you're happy with it too because you guys filled your gaping hole at SG. Why are you still carrying on about how trash this roster and how we'll never be good unless we see AirP's big picture master plan of how to build an NBA superteam?

AirP.
RealGM

Post#236 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:01 am

Klomp wrote:
AirP. wrote:Because I watched a Bulls team win 60 regular season games and there was a huge gaping hole at SG that I had talked about all year long and the FO wouldn't move a young assets to fix. Just like this board... most of the Bulls fans board could have cared less back then because they were winning regular season games instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Good for you. Maybe you should keep reminiscing about those proud moments of yours on the Bulls board. Here on the Wolves board, we'd like to savor these wins. They haven't come around very often. We weren't blessed with the greatest player in NBA history for a decade, plus a lucky lottery win to get the hometown hero. We've never won 60 games in a season. We've only won more than 50 games in a season twice in 29 seasons. Let us enjoy our wins please. And don't try to tell us "I know how you feel because we had a 6-year run of not making the playoffs," because that crap won't fly here for a fanbase that has waited more than twice as long.

We are happy with the Jimmy Butler trade. From the sounds of it, you're happy with it too because you guys filled your gaping hole at SG. Why are you still carrying on about how trash this roster and how we'll never be good unless we see AirP's big picture master plan of how to build an NBA superteam?

You guys have the talent to be something special, don't set your goals low, this team could do great things but man, the way they're playing their ceiling is being limited.

Being in an echo chamber isn't good for anyone, listen and read nba news from non local sources. Anytime I can I listen to the opposing team's nba feeds to hear what their thought of a team are. It's interesting to hear other perspectives, some are wrong but sometimes are right or at least shed light on something that you may not have thought about before.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#237 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:06 am

AirP. wrote:You guys have the talent to be something special, don't set your goals low, this team could do great things but man, the way they're playing their ceiling is being limited.

We aren't the ones setting our sights low by telling us how crap the team is.

No one here has said we've played a perfect game yet. What we've said is we've done enough to get the job done and that's all that really matters to this point. There is no formula in the end-of-year standings that adjusts a team's final record because of "lucky halfcourt shots." We won those games. Those games are over. They will not be retroactively changed to losses. If that's too difficult for you to understand, I'm sorry we can't help you.

jumpmanjay
Analyst
And1: 703

Re: RE: Re: The Jimmy G Buckets thread 

Post#238 » by jumpmanjay » Mon Nov 6, 2017 6:22 am

AirP. wrote:
King Malta wrote:lol I don't care how they won the games, they did, you can try to move the goalposts to suit your narrative but the simple fact of the matter is that the TWolves are 6-1 with him and looked awful in his absence.

Because I watched a Bulls team win 60 regular season games and there was a huge gaping hole at SG that I had talked about all year long and the FO wouldn't move a young assets to fix. Just like this board... most of the Bulls fans board could have cared less back then because they were winning regular season games instead of looking at the bigger picture.

No Bulls fan in 2010 thought Keith Fricken Bogans was the answer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
AirP.
RealGM

Post#239 » by AirP. » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:30 pm

jumpmanjay wrote:
AirP. wrote:

It's a little bit more complicated then just wanting a better player, they(fans) didn't want to move any assets to get one(a year later R.Hamilton is signed after Detroit cut him). The big argument back then was stick with Bogans or move Asik for an upgrade. Asik at the time was a movable asset and there were SG offers on the table for him. The 2 names most often referenced were OJ Mayo who would have helped greatly offensively and C.Lee who would have been a decent upgrade on offense and not much of a downgrade on defense. World beaters no, upgrades that would have helped Rose in the playoffs yes.

People tend to forget how close Chicago was to taking Miami out that first year with LeBron, they had won the first game at home and were getting close to taking game 2 before they basically went all in on Rose and left certain players more open. One more offensive player on that court could have gotten them to the finals that year. Game 4 they lost in overtime and Game 5 they lost by 3. It was a huge lost opportunity that doesn't happen that often. Next year Rose goes down with a injury, has another one when he comes back and is never the same player. Hate watching lost opportunities.
jumpmanjay
Analyst
And1: 703

Post#240 » by jumpmanjay » Mon Nov 6, 2017 4:26 pm

AirP. wrote:
jumpmanjay wrote:
AirP. wrote:

It's a little bit more complicated then just wanting a better player, they(fans) didn't want to move any assets to get one(a year later R.Hamilton is signed after Detroit cut him). The big argument back then was stick with Bogans or move Asik for an upgrade. Asik at the time was a movable asset and there were SG offers on the table for him. The 2 names most often referenced were OJ Mayo who would have helped greatly offensively and C.Lee who would have been a decent upgrade on offense and not much of a downgrade on defense. World beaters no, upgrades that would have helped Rose in the playoffs yes.

People tend to forget how close Chicago was to taking Miami out that first year with LeBron, they had won the first game at home and were getting close to taking game 2 before they basically went all in on Rose and left certain players more open. One more offensive player on that court could have gotten them to the finals that year. Game 4 they lost in overtime and Game 5 they lost by 3. It was a huge lost opportunity that doesn't happen that often. Next year Rose goes down with a injury, has another one when he comes back and is never the same player. Hate watching lost opportunities.

Memphis historically refused to trade with the Bulls. (So no Mayo...who ended up being terrible and probably worse than Bogans anyway)

There were no indications the Rockets were willing to trade Lee for Asik. Asik ended up getting hurt in the playoffs in 2011 against the Heat. The Bulls didn't win a single game after that, so it's all revisionist history that they would've even been better with a Lee/Asik swap.

Anyway, my point was- Bulls fans weren't content with that roster.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves