Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,183

Re: RE: Re: The Jimmy G Buckets thread 

Post#61 » by Tukkerwolf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:40 pm

andyhop wrote:
AirP. wrote:
andyhop wrote:I hope Butler concentrates more on the defensive end of the court than he has done the last couple of years, although Thibs seems set to run a lot of the offense through him so I expect it will be very spotty given his offensive load

What? Have I missed something about his defense lately? The Bulls(a .500 team) were +17 per 100 possessions when he was on the court, when on the court the Bulls gave up 107 points per 100 possessions with the lowest on the team being 106(they've been getting worse the less Thibs taught players are there).

The Bulls were +3 /100poss with him on court and his defense is fine it just isn't game changing consistently likely due to the effort he has been putting out on offense. Given Thibs style of play that we saw him attempt last year before he realised Wiggins couldn't do it and the reshaping of the roster this off season I expect Butler to carry a heavy load again initiating the offense.

As to Wiggins stepping up his defense I agree that would be massive but what if he doesn't , then you need Butler carrying the load and I don't know that the make up of the team as it is now allows that
No. They were +17 which is extraordinary. Even more so if you consider his teammates...
Ranger
Sophomore
And1: 144

Re: The Jimmy G Buckets thread 

Post#62 » by Ranger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 pm

minimus wrote:
Ranger wrote:
minimus wrote:Thanks! Still, a bit confused how I can read these numbers. Maybe identify the group of players who is better than JimBo in this category.

Unrelated here, but are you actually from the home of Golovkin?

Yes, I tell you more, we are from the same district Maikuduk, full of criminals, he lived in 11th building, I lived in 1st. I fought once against him when we were kids, he just started boxing. He beat the sh*t out of me :D As a person he is a really good guy, he has been smarter than many his friends who ended up on the bottom of the life.

He's a tremendous fighter, and has terrifying power. He's also in a gigantic fight against Saul Alvarez soon, and that is going to be epic.

Very cool that you're from the same area, but I feel bad for your childhood, having to fight him. Talk about bad luck!
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,734

Post#63 » by minimus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 am

Ranger wrote:Very cool that you're from the same area, but I feel bad for your childhood, having to fight him. Talk about bad luck!

Gena is not an ordinary guy, a fighter from criminal area. He is local hero here. Still he is a kind, intelligent person.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,352

Post#64 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:07 pm

andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,283

Post#65 » by andyhop » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:58 am

AirP. wrote:
andyhop wrote:
AirP. wrote:
What? Have I missed something about his defense lately? The Bulls(a .500 team) were +17 per 100 possessions when he was on the court, when on the court the Bulls gave up 107 points per 100 possessions with the lowest on the team being 106(they've been getting worse the less Thibs taught players are there).

+3 per 100 possessions? If you're looking at nba.com that just for the time he was on the court not per 100, I use per 100 to see rate since most teams go at different paces.

That isn't the Bulls net plus minus with him on the court you are looking at it is Butlers individual net rating for possessions used.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,087

Post#66 » by AirP. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 pm

andyhop wrote:
AirP. wrote:
andyhop wrote:

+3 per 100 possessions? If you're looking at nba.com that just for the time he was on the court not per 100, I use per 100 to see rate since most teams go at different paces.

That isn't the Bulls net plus minus with him on the court you are looking at it is Butlers individual net rating for possessions used.

You are correct. It's an individual stat that is influenced by teammates as in hitting open shots, playing team defense.

"Individual offensive rating is the number of points produced by a player per hundred total individual possessions. In other words, 'How many points is a player likely to generate when he tries?'"

The basic building blocks of the Offensive Rating calculation are Individual Total Possessions and Individual Points Produced. The formula for Total Possessions is broken down into four components: Scoring Possessions, Missed FG Possessions, Missed FT Possessions, and Turnovers.

The actual calculations can be found at...
https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ratings.html
minimus
RealGM

Post#67 » by minimus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:43 am

Maybe Jimmy can bring here DWade as backup unit leader?
AirP.
RealGM

Post#68 » by AirP. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm

From Isaiah Canaan's instagram.
Good Run Last Night With the Bros @dwyanewade @jimmybutler @t.snell_ @trobinson_foe @tajgibson22 @imgeo @chrisjohnsonhoops @biggame_08

All the NBA players on there have been teammates of Butler's except one... Thomas Robinson.
FYI, Thomas and Canaan are still free agents and D.Wade may become a free agent after his eventual buyout.

DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#69 » by DaMplsKid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 pm

minimus wrote:Maybe Jimmy can bring here DWade as backup unit leader?

Timing sucks because we don't have any extra money to offer. But this would be a huge win for us if it were to happen. Not 3-D type we need and size might be a issue with Tyus, Crawford at Graud already.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#70 » by AirP. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:

Timing sucks because we don't have any extra money to offer. But this would be a huge win for us if it were to happen. Not 3-D type we need and size might be a issue with Tyus, Crawford at Graud already.

Enough money? I'm expecting he'll get most of his nearly 24 million dollars from Chicago this year from a buyout and will just sign wherever he wants to finish year at.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,342

Post#71 » by Mattya » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:37 pm

I can't imagine Wade accepting a bench role. He would probably just sign in Cleveland.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,105
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#72 » by cpfsf » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 pm

it's feasible. i think miami, minnesota, milwaukee, and cleveland are strong candidates as wade has some history with the city or players. i could see boston being a strong contender as well despite having no real connection to the city. of course boston fans seem to despise him.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
minimus
RealGM

Post#73 » by minimus » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:37 am

Mattya wrote:I can't imagine Wade accepting a bench role. He would probably just sign in Cleveland.

If I were an NBA player I would avoid CLE with all this mess.

P.S. I'd give Isaiah Canaan a chance. A capable scorer would not hurt.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,112

Post#74 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 am

This team has lacked an edge over the past decade. It'll be nice to get some of that back.

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AirP.
RealGM

Post#75 » by AirP. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 am

I had forgotten this game from the 2015-2016 season.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Klomp » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:15 am

Here's full highlights of that game:

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

minimus
RealGM

Post#77 » by minimus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:48 am

Jimmy is training with Melo in Puerto Rico :roll:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:02 am

minimus wrote:Jimmy is training with Melo in Puerto Rico :roll:

He went there with Melo for a court remodel/dedication

big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#79 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 am

New look.

Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
AirP.
RealGM