Wolves, Teague agree to 3-57 deal

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Re: Wolves, Teague agree to 3-57 deal 

Post#101 » by Murphs56 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 1:14 am

[tweet][/tweet]

Enjoying the tape as I go through. 3:20 is something new we'll be getting in the open floor. He's also a much better passer than I anticipated.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,925

Post#102 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 2, 2017 2:20 am

MN7725 wrote:Teague can't switch at all though, single position defender

Rubio at least had some length that he could bother bigger players when he got switched on them

Teague has a 6'7.5" wingspan. For someone who's only 6'0.25" barefoot, that's pretty good length.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
sky4it
Junior
And1: 83

Post#103 » by sky4it » Sun Jul 2, 2017 2:53 am

Klomp wrote:
MN7725 wrote:Teague can't switch at all though, single position defender

Rubio at least had some length that he could bother bigger players when he got switched on them

Teague has a 6'7.5" wingspan. For someone who's only 6'0.25" barefoot, that's pretty good length.

Hey Klomp were you up all last night you wierdo?

You are one strange person.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,925

Post#104 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 2, 2017 2:58 am

sky4it wrote:Hey Klomp were you up all last night you wierdo?

No????
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
sky4it
Junior

Post#105 » by sky4it » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:05 am

Klomp wrote:

No????

Teague is a really gifted player and brings attitude Klomp, I think were going to like him.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#106 » by big3_8_19_21 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:53 am

Lost in the heartbreak of losing Rubio is that Teague might be the best FA we've ever gotten. That sounds like it can't be true, but off the top of my head all I can think of in terms of high profile FAs coming here is Kevin Martin maybe?

And right on the heels of getting the best player we've ever received in a trade. Love or hate the direction, but Thibs is serious about making this roster the way he wants it and winning some games. Just land one more big fish with the rest of that money, Thibs!
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#107 » by andyhop » Sun Jul 2, 2017 9:18 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:Lost in the heartbreak of losing Rubio is that Teague might be the best FA we've ever gotten. That sounds like it can't be true, but off the top of my head all I can think of in terms of high profile FAs coming here is Kevin Martin maybe?

And right on the heels of getting the best player we've ever received in a trade. Love or hate the direction, but Thibs is serious about making this roster the way he wants it and winning some games. Just land one more big fish with the rest of that money, Thibs!

AK47 was a better player when he signed with the Wolves
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#108 » by Krapinsky » Sun Jul 2, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm trying to not be too homerish here, but out of the three big free agent deals for point guards, I could see the Teague one being the best three years from now. Holiday got way too much money and I don't see him being any better than Teague. Lowry is 31 and is going to slow down big time over the next three years. That said, I still think we made a mistake trading Rubio.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: RE: Re: Wolves, Teague agree to 3-57 deal 

Post#109 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Jul 2, 2017 2:56 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I'm trying to not be too homerish here, but out of the three big free agent deals for point guards, I could see the Teague one being the best three years from now. Holiday got way too much money and I don't see him being any better than Teague. Lowry is 31 and is going to slow down big time over the next three years. That said, I still think we made a mistake trading Rubio.

What of we are winning this year? Is it still a mistakr trading Ricky?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Krapinsky
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Wolves, Teague agree to 3-57 deal 

Post#110 » by Krapinsky » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:02 pm

ALICEinJAM wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:I'm trying to not be too homerish here, but out of the three big free agent deals for point guards, I could see the Teague one being the best three years from now. Holiday got way too much money and I don't see him being any better than Teague. Lowry is 31 and is going to slow down big time over the next three years. That said, I still think we made a mistake trading Rubio.

I think we would have won this year with or without Ricky.

Just depends how good Ricky becomes. I think he'll become really, really good in Utah.

On the flip side, Ricky deserved a fresh start on a new team that will get behind him.

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#111 » by cpfsf » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:03 pm

If teague helps us land his old teammate Millsap, do you favor the trade? Of course it's debatable if Millsap would have signed with rubio, but let's for this post assume Millsap didn't care for Rubio.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wolves, Teague agree to 3-57 deal 

Post#112 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:09 pm

ALICEinJAM wrote:

We were going to win with Ricky so us winning this year will be no indication whether we should or shouldn't have. If we win the title I will take that as proof we did the right thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM mobile app
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wolves, Teague agree to 3-57 deal 

Post#113 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:10 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
ALICEinJAM wrote:

I think we would have won this year with or without Ricky.

Just depends how good Ricky becomes. I think he'll become really, really good in Utah.

On the flip side, Ricky deserved a fresh start on a new team that will get behind him.

I was sad when we traded away Ricky for that value but i think its all about fit not whos better. Teague can do evrything except maybe elite d and passing. Then again, i dont Ricky to be the scapegoat again this year if everything fails. Wish him all the best in Utah.

LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#114 » by Swish4 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:17 pm

I think trading Ricky for cheap will come back to bite us a bit.. unless getting Teague was a way of luring Millsap or another good free agent here. No problem with Teague, he's a better fit here than Ricky, but Ricky was worth more than a late 1st rounder and I wish the team had been able to foresee things a bit better and trade him when they could have gotten more.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#115 » by Krapinsky » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:35 pm

cpfsf wrote:

If teague helps us land his old teammate Millsap, do you favor the trade? Of course it's debatable if Millsap would have signed with rubio, but let's for this post assume Millsap didn't care for Rubio.

In that instance, yes.

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#116 » by shrink » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:47 pm

cpfsf wrote:

That's a good point, but I wonder if Milsap has positive or negative feelings towards Teague.

Yes, those ATL teams would really zip the ball around, Teague was an All Star, and so Milsap got fed, so it could be very positive.

However, ATL fans say that they moved on from him because he was lazy on defense (and needed the payroll). Milsap works so hard on defense, that couldn't have sat well with him.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
sky4it
Junior

Post#117 » by sky4it » Sun Jul 2, 2017 4:03 pm

sky4it wrote:
Klomp wrote:

No????

Teague is a really gifted player and brings attitude Klomp, I think were going to like him.

Sorry for picking on you Klomp, your fine, you have done a good job here over the years keeping it civil.

So what do you think of the direction of team Klomp? Just wondering.

One thing that hasnt been talked about is how much more tough physically this team will be with Bulter and Teague. The NBA is a real physical league, I thought we just got bullied at times last year. Sometimes the refs just let that stuff go.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#118 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Jul 2, 2017 4:56 pm

Note32
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#119 » by Note32 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 4:59 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:I honestly can't stop thinking of this play when I think of Teague.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/awful-possession-atlanta-hawks-celtics-game-overtime-nba-playoffs-jeff-teague

And we traded Rubio to start this guy. uggghhh

Fortunately it seems he has some redeeming qualities.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,825

Post#120 » by AirP. » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:34 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:I honestly can't stop thinking of this play when I think of Teague.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/awful-possession-atlanta-hawks-celtics-game-overtime-nba-playoffs-jeff-teague

Don't worry, Butler will have the ball in that situation.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves