T-wolves exploring Nick "swaggy P" Young and CJ miles

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Oriole8159
Sophomore
And1: 37

Re: T-wolves exploring Nick "swaggy P" Young and CJ miles 

Post#61 » by Oriole8159 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 8:36 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Oriole8159 wrote:http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bulls-had-a-chance-to-draft-draymond-green-in-2012/

According to Grantland.com, former Bulls assistant coach Ron Adams was in favor of drafting Green, who eventually went to the Golden State Warriors with the 35th overall pick.

Adams said him and Thibodeau were wanting to draft Green because of his unique skill set and the hustle he brought to the floor, but they couldn’t convince management.

Chicago Sun Times article using the same above quote, but attributing it to include Thibs as well.

I doubt Ron Adams would have been lobbying for Green without Thibs endorsement.

I couldn't tell if the previous poster was trying to make the claim that it was Adams, and not Thibs in fact, that the Draymond/Chi rumor should be attributed to. I thought his post was confusing.
I just wanted to find a more direct link to Thibs.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#62 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 5, 2017 8:41 pm

Oriole8159 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Oriole8159 wrote:http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bulls-had-a-chance-to-draft-draymond-green-in-2012/

Chicago Sun Times article using the same above quote, but attributing it to include Thibs as well.

I doubt Ron Adams would have been lobbying for Green without Thibs endorsement.

I couldn't tell if the previous poster was trying to make the claim that it was Adams, and not Thibs in fact, that the Draymond/Chi rumor should be attributed to. I thought his post was confusing.

I agree. I don't know if Thibs has ever publicly claimed he lobbied for Green. I think he lobbied for him, but was more professional than Adams and kept it private.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#63 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 8:59 pm

"Don't totally eliminate Shabazz Muhammad yet for the #Wolves." @APkrawczynski on @DanBarreiroKFAN

"CJ Miles does want to come here. The #Wolves are #1 on his list." @APkrawczynski on @DanBarreiroKFAN

on KFAN @APkrawczynski said C.J. Miles is the new priority for the Wolves and that Wolves are on top of his list but $ needs to work.
C-Dub47
Junior
And1: 233

Post#64 » by C-Dub47 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 9:07 pm

Monta Ellis now just got waived by IND. Wonder if that means something?

Hope we can work something out. Seem very reluctant to move the 1st, hope we can manage without but either way if we dump Aldrich's contract too that wouldn't be the worst thing.
Duke4life831 wrote:Winslow > Wiggins
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#65 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 5, 2017 10:20 pm

C-Dub47 wrote:Monta Ellis now just got waived by IND. Wonder if that means something?

Hope we can work something out. Seem very reluctant to move the 1st, hope we can manage without but either way if we dump Aldrich's contract too that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Could be clearing cap space to take on Aldrich.
Loyal[]Wolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 455

Post#66 » by Loyal[]Wolf » Wed Jul 5, 2017 10:38 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:"Don't totally eliminate Shabazz Muhammad yet for the #Wolves." @APkrawczynski on @DanBarreiroKFAN

"CJ Miles does want to come here. The #Wolves are #1 on his list." @APkrawczynski on @DanBarreiroKFAN

on KFAN @APkrawczynski said C.J. Miles is the new priority for the Wolves and that Wolves are on top of his list but $ needs to work.

Sounds like it's only a matter of time as the Wolves want him the most and CJ wants to come here the most.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#67 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jul 5, 2017 10:58 pm

I'd happily bring back Bazzy with the room exception, 3 point shooting be damned.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#68 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:11 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I'd happily bring back Bazzy with the room exception, 3 point shooting be damned.

Can that be done? One of my fondest memories of Shabazz was him going off for 30 something against the Warriors during their record setting 2015-16 season in an upset for the Wolves.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#69 » by shrink » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:20 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:CJ Miles does want to come here. The #Wolves are #1 on his list." @APkrawczynski.

Glad to have you CJ. You just need to accept a deal for the $4.33 mil room exception.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#70 » by shrink » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:20 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:I'd happily bring back Bazzy with the room exception, 3 point shooting be damned.

Can that be done? One of my fondest memories of Shabazz was him going off for 30 something against the Warriors during their record setting 2015-16 season in an upset for the Wolves.

Sure, he's just a UFA now. We can't sign him with Bird rights, but we can sign him with an exception.

I'd also add that we all know that George Hill turned down an extension for $27 mil a year in October 2016, thinking he was better than some of the guys that got paid in 2016 free agency, and he'd get a max deal. However, he badly over-estimated the market, and only got a deal in free agency for $19 a year. Bazz is probably in a similar spot. If we offered Dieng a deal averaging $16, I imagine we offered Bazz at least $9-10, which he declined as being "far apart" from the number he hoped for. I think there is a real chance that he ends up having to swallow his pride, and accept a deal for much less. There just aren't enough buyers with money left.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#71 » by Calinks » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:49 pm

CJ would be good. If it cant work id take Bazz back as I have always rooted for him
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#72 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jul 6, 2017 3:10 am

I hope thibs doesn't throw away a first rounder to bring in miles. I like and wanted him at first, but that was when we had capsace.

Now, I'd rather fill the bench with the likes of Vince carter, Morrow, or green.
shrink
RealGM

Post#73 » by shrink » Thu Jul 6, 2017 5:44 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I hope thibs doesn't throw away a first rounder to bring in miles. I like and wanted him at first, but that was when we had capsace.

Now, I'd rather fill the bench with the likes of Vince carter, Morrow, or green.

I agree on both points.

I am worried about losing the OKC 1st frivolously. It's like when you put on an old jacket, and find a $20 in the pocket. Since it's found money you didn't expect, you are more likely to just blow it on something dumb. The OKC 1st has value, so I hope we don't use it simply to grease the wheels on a minor deal for a UFA (especially a back up!), or because we are impatient getting off Cole's money.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#74 » by Maefteda » Thu Jul 6, 2017 5:50 am

Rights to Bojan Dubljevic and a 2nd then? Would the Pacers accept that?
Oriole8159
Sophomore

Post#75 » by Oriole8159 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 1:49 pm

Maefteda wrote:Rights to Bojan Dubljevic and a 2nd then? Would the Pacers accept that?

Bojan was first team all-ACB this year, as well as ACB Final's MVP, so I wouldn't be so quick to throw him in either.
I'd still rather just stretch Aldrich and sign Miles outright, but if Miles is thinking he's due $10-$12 million and making us HAVE to fully move Aldrich's contract, then I'd walk. Not worth it.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#76 » by Worm Guts » Thu Jul 6, 2017 1:54 pm

Oriole8159 wrote:
Maefteda wrote:Rights to Bojan Dubljevic and a 2nd then? Would the Pacers accept that?

Bojan was first team all-ACB this year, as well as ACB Final's MVP, so I wouldn't be so quick to throw him in either.
I'd still rather just stretch Aldrich and sign Miles outright, but if Miles is thinking he's due $10-$12 million and making us HAVE to fully move Aldrich's contract, then I'd walk. Not worth it.

Bojan turns 26 in October. If he's not coming over now, when is he coming over? Whether he's good or not, I would question how much value he has too us.
Oriole8159
Sophomore

Post#77 » by Oriole8159 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:01 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Oriole8159 wrote:

Bojan turns 26 in October. If he's not coming over now, when is he coming over? Whether he's good or not, I would question how much value he has too us.

I agree that it's fair to question when/if he'll ever come over and I'm not against moving him for the right deal, I just don't think that is the right deal. Granted it would be preferable to including the OKC first, but I'd still pass.
Don't forget that Juan Carlos Navarro was drafted in 2002 and didn't come over until 2007, so it's not unheard of for a guy to linger in Europe that long before coming over.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,177

Post#78 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:14 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Oriole8159 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I doubt Ron Adams would have been lobbying for Green without Thibs endorsement.

I agree. I don't know if Thibs has ever publicly claimed he lobbied for Green. I think he lobbied for him, but was more professional than Adams and kept it private.

Right, Thibs publicly has never said he wanted Green over Teague but it's assumed, especially when his top assistant said it. The Chicago FO went for a huge down the road project in Marcus Teague, as Fran Fraschilla once said about Bruno Caboclo
he's 2 years away from being 2 years away.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,177

Post#79 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:18 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I hope thibs doesn't throw away a first rounder to bring in miles. I like and wanted him at first, but that was when we had capsace.

Might as well trade that pick to get a useful player now, Chicago's going to be bad and they love money(there will be other teams willing to sell their picks too), I'm sure paying 3.5 million for an early 2nd round pick won't be too much worse then an early to mid 20s 1st round pick from OKC.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves