ImageImageImage

Trade talk 2017-18

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,710

Re: Trade talk 2017-18 

Post#1681 » by shrink » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Alwaysrightguy wrote:Will anyone give us value for that bum Wiggins? That contract pretty much makes it impossible. If Tibbs had balls, JC would start but that probably would make him even lazier.

Start Crawford? I get that you're mad at Wiggins, but low defense Crwaford jacking up shots is exactly what the starters don't need.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
post0115
Junior
And1: 35

Post#1682 » by post0115 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:56 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248357/Bucks-To-Waive-Gary-Payton-II-Sign-Sean-Kilpatrick

Not a trade, but would love to sign GPII. Aaron Brooks was an absolute liability while he was in earlier. GPII is a good defender, explosive athlete, and can give us some quality off of our bench when either Tyus or Teague get hurt.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Post#1683 » by shangrila » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:22 pm

post0115 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248357/Bucks-To-Waive-Gary-Payton-II-Sign-Sean-Kilpatrick

Not a trade, but would love to sign GPII. Aaron Brooks was an absolute liability while he was in earlier. GPII is a good defender, explosive athlete, and can give us some quality off of our bench when either Tyus or Teague get hurt.

If nothing else I'd give him that spare two way.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#1684 » by Dewey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:54 pm

shrink wrote:
Alwaysrightguy wrote:Will anyone give us value for that bum Wiggins? That contract pretty much makes it impossible. If Tibbs had balls, JC would start but that probably would make him even lazier.

Start Crawford? I get that you're mad at Wiggins, but low defense Crwaford jacking up shots is exactly what the starters don't need.

not enough to gain here versus putting question marks over Wigggins and risk lowering his value. If a Max contract didnt help motivate him, then not much else in MN will.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shrink
RealGM

Post#1685 » by shrink » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 am

shrink wrote:

Crawford and Wiggins making me look like an idiot tonight! And I'm ok with that!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#1686 » by Streakers33 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:48 am

If towns could protect the paint u could start Wiggins and Crawford.. time to grow up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,861

Post#1687 » by AirP. » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:43 pm

shrink wrote:
shrink wrote:

Crawford and Wiggins making me look like an idiot tonight! And I'm ok with that!

It doesn't happen all that often, it's how Minnesota got him for so cheap. Just be happy he can go off every once in a while and help Minnesota win a game they shouldn't have. Most of the time Crawford isn't good(because of how bad defensively he is).
shrink
RealGM

Post#1688 » by shrink » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:09 am

AirP. wrote:
shrink wrote:
shrink wrote:Start Crawford? I get that you're mad at Wiggins, but low defense Crwaford jacking up shots is exactly what the starters don't need.

It doesn't happen all that often, it's how Minnesota got him for so cheap. Just be happy he can go off every once in a while and help Minnesota win a game they shouldn't have. Most of the time Crawford isn't good(because of how bad defensively he is).

I'm glad you said that, because that's how I feel. There are plenty of talented bench players on every NBA team, but they never start because they can't produce reliably or consistently (I hope Wiggins understands this too!). That doesn't mean they can't be a weapon on any given night, especially one where their team is losing. Might as well roll the dice that night. However, I think Crawford as a starter doesn't bring the skillset that compliments the other four players.
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#1689 » by DaMplsKid » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:35 pm

I would lOve to get Marc Gasol in here. Run the two bigs with him and Towns.

I know Dieng/Alldrich works on paper for Gasol but think they would want more. Is our OKC 1st enough ? Do we have to add Patton and would you ?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#1690 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:I would lOve to get Marc Gasol in here. Run the two bigs with him and Towns.

I know Dieng/Alldrich works on paper for Gasol but think they would want more. Is our OKC 1st enough ? Do we have to add Patton and would you ?

Dieng + Aldrich + Patton for Gasol does not get it done. I would say Griz laugh Thibs off the phone.
SmokeyK
Junior
And1: 19

Post#1691 » by SmokeyK » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:21 am

Since we played Denver. What about trading for TREY LYLES he can play 2-4. Friend of TOWNS. Make our bench deeper.

Teague-jones
Butler-Crawford-hunt
Wiggins-Lyles-Bj
Gibson-Patton
Towns-Dieng

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#1692 » by eyeteeth » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:38 am

What what. Haven't been around these parts for a bit. Been thinking about who Wolves might try to get since we obvs need someone. Thought there might be ideas here.

Looks like Matthews is the only guy people are talking about that I think we might want. That's not a bad move if we can make it happen.

Anyway, Hi. Merry happy solstice juice.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#1693 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:17 am

SmokeyK wrote:Since we played Denver. What about trading for TREY LYLES he can play 2-4. Friend of TOWNS. Make our bench deeper.

Teague-jones
Butler-Crawford-hunt
Wiggins-Lyles-Bj
Gibson-Patton
Towns-Dieng

He can't play the 2. I wouldn't even say he can play the 3.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM

Post#1694 » by shrink » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:13 pm

I liked Lyles last night too, and he surprised me how much better he was than al the previous times I saw him.

I doubt though that we could make an offer for him. DEN just traded away the pick that became Donovan Mitchell, who is doing great as a rookie. He has more trade value than Lyles, especially since he just started his rookie-scale contract. For DEN's front office to not look like they messed up on that recent trade, they would need to receive a trade package that was worth more than Donovan Mitchell, and I don't think we could pay that.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#1695 » by Narf » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:29 pm

I think we'll get a better player in a couple weeks when teams are in full rebuild mode. OKC pick and Aldrich for a good bench/poor starting wing will make a lot of sense to teams when they're ready to push the rebuild button.

And a young Shabazz Muhammad will be a fantastic tank commander. Yeah sure, he won't get us anything but he'll be an acceptable throw in.
DaMplsKid
Junior

Post#1696 » by DaMplsKid » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:14 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
DaMplsKid wrote:I would lOve to get Marc Gasol in here. Run the two bigs with him and Towns.

Dieng + Aldrich + Patton for Gasol does not get it done. I would say Griz laugh Thibs off the phone.

Not saying it would happen but Memphis doesn't have a great track record for trades. (What did they get for Pau Gasol?) they should be looking to rebuild if we gave them Dieng, Patton and the OKC pick? That's pretty strong for a center in a league where teams are going small and he might be on the down side of his career.

I think he would make a huge impact for us and the contact fits perfect with our current players. He is the guy I would try to get if we are going after anyone.
DaMplsKid
Junior

Post#1697 » by DaMplsKid » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:16 pm

shrink wrote:I liked Lyles last night too, and he surprised me how much better he was than al the previous times I saw him.

I doubt though that we could make an offer for him. DEN just traded away the pick that became Donovan Mitchell, who is doing great as a rookie. He has more trade value than Lyles, especially since he just started his rookie-scale contract. For DEN's front office to not look like they messed up on that recent trade, they would need to receive a trade package that was worth more than Donovan Mitchell, and I don't think we could pay that.

Lyles was also a -15 +/- last night where does he play is the question? If he can become the next Tobias Harris then I am all for it but his defense is a big ? for me. Plus don't think Thibs wants younger guys on our team and would be looking to add a vet for a playoff run.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#1698 » by Note30 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Teague, OKC first, Patton, future MIN pick unprecedented for Kemba?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1699 » by shrink » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Note30 wrote:Teague, OKC first, Patton, future MIN pick unprecedented for Kemba?

Great $12 mil contract, but since it's only 1.5 years, that's a lot for the upgrade from Teague to Kemba.

I'm a big Kemba fan, and I think he deserves to be an All Star at PG, at a time when there are so many great PG's. However, I just think we're too far away to beat GSW in the next 1.5 years, and there's no way we could give max deals to both Jimmy and Kemba in 2019.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#1700 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Wolves go for playoff push and roster built around Thibs...

Wolves send Wiggins + Teague + Dieng + 2018 OKC 1st Owed to Hornets for Walker + Howard + MKG

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves