ImageImageImage

FYI: How a Kyrie Irving Trade is possible under the CBA?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Re: FYI: How a Kyrie Irving Trade is possible under the CBA? 

Post#41 » by shrink » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:29 am

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:They will if they don't like any other offers better than one involving Teague.

I don't think they can hold him, and risk that it increases the chances that LeBron leaves too.

Of course they can hold him. LeBron isn't going to be happy if they trade him for crap. Also teams will COMPETE for his services so the Cavs should be able to get a reasonable offer.

Maybe. Did teams compete for Paul George's services, or Jimmy Butler's or Boogie Cousins?

I think there are too many red flags for any team to give a ton for him. It sounds like PHX is already unwilling to give the #4 pick, Josh Jackson.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#42 » by fattymcgee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:35 am

Man, I can't believe the homeroom in here! It's beyond rediculous. You think the Wolves can get Kyrie without Wiggins? That's asinine!

It may not take Wiggins to get him, but beyond Wiggins WR can't offer ****!
Tyus? Mediocre backup pg.
Belly? Mediocre backup pf.
Aldrich? 2nd-3rd string center
Dieng? 1st big off the bench
Patton? Injured and considered a reach
OKC 1st - very late pick, unlikEly contributor
Our 2020 1st - very late pick, unlikely contributor

Why the **** would Cleveland give us Kyrie for this garbage, there's probably not a single starter in that group? There are 20 teams that could beat that package.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#43 » by karch34 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:36 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Ethomasp31 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Bledsoe is a better PG than Irving by himself. He's just a bit older. Cleveland wouldn't care much about that. They need to go for it the next couple years while they still have James. Cleveland gets better right now and they have Chriss and the 1st to use for the future. But, if they can't find a better offer than this proposed Wolves offer they simply don't trade him.

And what makes you think the Suns are offering a pick, Bledsoe and Chriss?

It's what I've heard they would do. Rumor, but that is what makes me think it.

I've heard that's what Phoenix is willing to consider. They've been looking at moving Bledsoe, but have pretty much said they wouldn't move Booker or Jackson. I think they still like Chriss, but him, Bender, and Warren would definitely be on the table. The issue would be what pick as it's likely the top 7 protected Miami 2018 pick and not their own.

Irving is better than Bledsoe, but the drop off isn't that much if there's some other pieces that could help now or be moved for help now. So likely Phoenix could offer the best package without gutting their core.

While we could make an offer that might be better than what might be rumored, I do think a package with Dieng doesn't help one of the big issues for Cleveland: all the money tied up in Love and Thompson when you can't really play both at same time.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#44 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 am

fattymcgee wrote:Man, I can't believe the homeroom in here! It's beyond rediculous. You think the Wolves can get Kyrie without Wiggins? That's asinine!

Why the **** would Cleveland give us Kyrie for this garbage, there's probably not a single starter in that group? There are 20 teams that could beat that package.

That offer isn't even an offer.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#45 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 am

karch34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Ethomasp31 wrote:

I've heard that's what Phoenix is willing to consider. They've been looking at moving Bledsoe, but have pretty much said they wouldn't move Booker or Jackson. I think they still like Chriss, but him, Bender, and Warren would definitely be on the table. The issue would be what pick as it's likely the top 7 protected Miami 2018 pick and not their own.

Irving is better than Bledsoe, but the drop off isn't that much if there's some other pieces that could help now or be moved for help now. So likely Phoenix could offer the best package without gutting their core.

While we could make an offer that might be better than what might be rumored, I do think a package with Dieng doesn't help one of the big issues for Cleveland: all the money tied up in Love and Thompson when you can't really play both at same time.

I say Bledsoe is better than Irving, but less valuable long term due to age.
karch34
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by karch34 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 am

Neither is a great passer, but Irving is younger and has shown he can deliver on a big stage which is why I lean towards Kyrie. That being said, I understand being 2nd fiddle to LeBron is a great safety net that sets Irving up in ways Bledsoe has never had. Either way a package around Bledsoe isn't trading 50 cents on the dollar for Clevleland.
Ethomasp31
Senior
And1: 208

Post#47 » by Ethomasp31 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:56 am

karch34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Ethomasp31 wrote:

So you are saying you have "heard" that the Suns are offering Bledsoe, Chriss/Bender, and a draft pick are being offered for Irving?

I think you'll be surprised what the Cavs end up getting for Irving. It's always lower than what we've "heard" it's going to be.....
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#48 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:00 am

Ethomasp31 wrote:
karch34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It's what I've heard they would do. Rumor, but that is what makes me think it.

So you are saying you have "heard" that the Suns are offering Bledsoe, Chriss/Bender, and a draft pick are being offered for Irving?

I think you'll be surprised what the Cavs end up getting for Irving. It's always lower than what we've "heard" it's going to be.....

Even if it's Bledsoe straight up for Irving that is better than the package that was being proposed of Dieng, Bjelica, Tyus, OKC 1 and Wolves future 1.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#49 » by fattymcgee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Ethomasp31 wrote:
karch34 wrote:

Even if it's Bledsoe straight up for Irving that is better than the package that was being proposed of Dieng, Bjelica, Tyus, OKC 1 and Wolves future 1.

I think most NBA fans would agree with that.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#50 » by minimus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:05 am

Ethomasp31 wrote:
karch34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It's what I've heard they would do. Rumor, but that is what makes me think it.

PHO core is still too young. I don't see how Irving fits their age window.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#51 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:06 am

minimus wrote:
Ethomasp31 wrote:
karch34 wrote:

PHO core is still too young. I don't see how Irving fits their age window.

OMG when 25 year old players are considered too old something is very wrong.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#52 » by minimus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:08 am

He will leave them before they get in playoff in the West.
Ethomasp31
Senior

Post#53 » by Ethomasp31 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:21 am

fattymcgee wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Ethomasp31 wrote:

I think most NBA fans would agree with that.

Well the Cans are way over the luxury tax threshold and are paying a very large luxury tax because of it. In the trade proposed by NO MONEY, we would be taking back TT $16 million plus contract as well as the $18 million plus of Irving. If the Wolves trade saves them money on the luxury tax, that is a pretty big asset they are getting too. You guys aren't fissuring that into your trade values at all. I'm not a salary cap expert, but I think when you are over the cap by as much as the Cavs are for as long as they have been you are paying a fine that is huge.
Ethomasp31
Senior

Post#54 » by Ethomasp31 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:26 am

Here is the Cavs salary cap situation....

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/cap/
Ethomasp31
Senior

Post#55 » by Ethomasp31 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:53 am

The Cavs are over $22 million over the luxury tax threshold. They pay $1.50 for every dollar the first $5 million they are over the threshold, $1.75 for every dollar for the next $5 million over the threshold, $2.50 for every dollar for the next $5 million over the threshold, $3.25 for every dollar the next $5 million over the threshold and $3.75 for every dollar the next $5 million over the threshold. So for part of the money they are over the threshold, they are $3.75 for every dollar!! On top of that, if they are paying a luxury tax 3 out of the last 4 years they pay a repeater tax which increases the luxury tax numbers by about $.50 for each level I believe. The point is giving them cap space is a huge asset some people aren't taking into consideration. Now as soon as LBJ leaves, the Cavs won't be paying a luxury tax anymore...but my guess is that they probably have been the last few years.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#56 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:33 pm

fattymcgee wrote:Man, I can't believe the homeroom in here! It's beyond rediculous. You think the Wolves can get Kyrie without Wiggins? That's asinine!

Jeff Teague would be the starting point of an offer
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#57 » by C.lupus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Klomp wrote:

Jeff Teague would be the starting point of an offer

Not if Cleveland wants to move Kyrie before the season starts.
karch34
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by karch34 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Ethomasp31 wrote:So you are saying you have "heard" that the Suns are offering Bledsoe, Chriss/Bender, and a draft pick are being offered for Irving?

No. Local radio Guys who are pretty plugged into the front office of the Suns are saying they believe the best package Suns would offer is Bledsoe, Warren/Chris/Bender, and the 2018 Miami 1st. They have been looking to add a star and have had interest in moving Bledose in the past.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#59 » by Slim Tubby » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:26 pm

I don't think anyone here actually believes that offer is enough for Irving. We are all just spit-balling what the best offer would be if the Wolves didn't have to include Wiggy. I still think PHO and DEN are the leaders to get Kyrie but I could see CLE trading him to a **** team like the Nets just to stick it to him for wanting out.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Ethomasp31
Senior

Post#60 » by Ethomasp31 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:35 pm

karch34 wrote:
Ethomasp31 wrote:So you are saying you have "heard" that the Suns are offering Bledsoe, Chriss/Bender, and a draft pick are being offered for Irving?

No. Local radio Guys who are pretty plugged into the front office of the Suns are saying they believe the best package Suns would offer is Bledsoe, Warren/Chris/Bender, and the 2018 Miami 1st. They have been looking to add a star and have had interest in moving Bledose in the past.

Well I think the Cavs would want the Suns to take back some contracts as well to help them out....and the Suns have space so that could work. We will see if the Suns really offer that. We heard that the Celtics were going to make offers for Butler and George that would blow the other teams out of the water but they never came.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves