ImageImageImage

VOTE: Would you trade Wiggins + filler for Kyrie?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Would you trade Wiggins + filler for Kyrie?

YES - and I'm a MIN fan
15%
MAYBE - and I'm a MIN fan
9%
NO - and I'm a MIN fan
51%
Yes - and I am NOT a MIN fan
11%
Maybe - and I am NOT a MIN fan
3%
No - and I an NOT a MIN fan
10%

Total votes: 138

D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Re: VOTE: Would you trade Wiggins + filler for Kyrie? 

Post#201 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:41 am

Nidsmy wrote:Everyone get wiggins for kyrie out of your systems.

Will not happen.

Wiggins trade value>>>>>>>>kyrie trade value.

We don't have the assets outside of wiggins to pull it off. Kyrie is a head case regardless.

Let's roll with what we've got.

Why? Then theres nothing to talk about for the next 3 months.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: VOTE: Would you trade Wiggins + filler for Kyrie? 

Post#202 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:25 am

Nidsmy wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:That is my point. Rubio would have been the matching salary out to Cavs or most likely Third Team. But as I said and you ignore, additional value in return because Wiggins + Rubio in a vacuum is worth more.

And to poster above, Wiggins does not have >>>>>> Trade value vs Irving. Maybe to Wolves fans but not reality.
Wiggins has greater trade value in reality, not sure about how many > more, but more. That is not to just Wolves fans. That is to a majority of GMs. More value... Age, Potential, Contract, Team Control, High Demand Position et al..

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

> = >>> = >>>>>>

Are you suggesting the amount of "greater than" symbols implies just how much more trade value wiggins has as compared to kyrie?

Give me a f'n break...who gives a "f" how much more valuable he is...

> = barely

>>>>>> = kyrie + lebron

>>>>>>>> means wiggins has more trade value than kyrie.

Good Grief. The number of greater than symbols...seriously...
Give me a f'n break. I never said I cared how much more, so take that.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,856

Post#203 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:28 pm

There are multiple ways one could look at the Wolves' current situation involving Wiggins and Irving discussions.

On one hand, trading Wiggins is hard. You're talking about trading a 22-year old who would likely have six years of team control here (assuming a max extension). He's already a dynamic scorer, and a few improvements could vault him into the discussions for the best young players in the league, if he's not already in them.

However, this team the Wolves are constructing is ready to win now and not two or three years down the road. Irving is already considered by peers to be among the league's top 25 players. A trade would mean the team traded for a Top 15 and a Top 25 player this offseason without giving up the only player from last year's team among the 30 NBA players who received an all-NBA vote. Think about that.

Money is also going to be an interesting thing to look at. Wiggins will likely get the 5-year max if we keep him around. That's going to be a $25-30 million commitment per year starting next summer. Meanwhile, when Wiggins starts his extension next summer, Irving will be due $5 million less at $20,099,188. In the new era of repeater taxes and the like, that extra wiggle room can prove to be valuable.

I also don't think it's a sure thing Irving would bolt at his first opportunity as many do. The Wolves are on the list because of Jimmy Butler. I don't believe Jimmy Butler will leave as long as Thibodeau is still coaching here. So as long as Thibodeau is still coaching here in two seasons, I think Butler (which also means Irving) is still playing here.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 1, 2017 2:27 am

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

delux55
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#205 » by delux55 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 2:50 am

Trading Wiggins just creates more holes to fill. I'm not down for a back court off Teague and kyrie. We already don't have enough wings trading our second best wing for a pg isn't smart.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,802

Post#206 » by KGdaBom » Tue Aug 1, 2017 2:59 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course they are asking for more than Wiggins and Aldrich. If they didn't do that they would not be doing their job. However I'm almost certain if we were willing to give them up the Cavs would accept that in the end.
Nidsmy
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#207 » by Nidsmy » Tue Aug 1, 2017 3:03 am

Thibs should say:

You want wiggins for kyrie irving...

Ok, what other assets are you prepared to give up?
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#208 » by shangrila » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:37 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm guessing they're after Dieng and a pick on top of Wiggins. Fits their "vet, prospect and pick" package they're supposedly after.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#209 » by packforfreedom » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:43 am

if Bledsoe, Josh Jackson + Miami's 2018 pick is really on the table the Cavs should take it and run as fast as they can.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,802

Post#210 » by KGdaBom » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:29 pm

packforfreedom wrote:if Bledsoe, Josh Jackson + Miami's 2018 pick is really on the table the Cavs should take it and run as fast as they can.

Where did you hear this? I thought Jackson was not available.
Ethomasp31
Senior
And1: 208

Post#211 » by Ethomasp31 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:33 pm

Klomp wrote:There are multiple ways one could look at the Wolves' current situation involving Wiggins and Irving discussions.

On one hand, trading Wiggins is hard. You're talking about trading a 22-year old who would likely have six years of team control here (assuming a max extension). He's already a dynamic scorer, and a few improvements could vault him into the discussions for the best young players in the league, if he's not already in them.

However, this team the Wolves are constructing is ready to win now and not two or three years down the road. Irving is already considered by peers to be among the league's top 25 players. A trade would mean the team traded for a Top 15 and a Top 25 player this offseason without giving up the only player from last year's team among the 30 NBA players who received an all-NBA vote. Think about that.

Money is also going to be an interesting thing to look at. Wiggins will likely get the 5-year max if we keep him around. That's going to be a $25-30 million commitment per year starting next summer. Meanwhile, when Wiggins starts his extension next summer, Irving will be due $5 million less at $20,099,188. In the new era of repeater taxes and the like, that extra wiggle room can prove to be valuable.

I also don't think it's a sure thing Irving would bolt at his first opportunity as many do. The Wolves are on the list because of Jimmy Butler. I don't believe Jimmy Butler will leave as long as Thibodeau is still coaching here. So as long as Thibodeau is still coaching here in two seasons, I think Butler (which also means Irving) is still playing here.

I wouldn't make the trade. It's too risky as far as Kyrie leaving after two years, plus it would really hurt the roster balance. What has Kyrie done without James.....nothing. Look at his stats with James on the bench and the team's stats when James misses a game a Kyrie plays....they are awful. Look at the team record when Kyrie doesn't play and LBJ does and it is pretty good. Kyrie is not worth it in my opinion.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#212 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:if Bledsoe, Josh Jackson + Miami's 2018 pick is really on the table the Cavs should take it and run as fast as they can.

Check the NBA board. It's out there. Not sure how true.
Ethomasp31
Senior
And1: 208

Post#213 » by Ethomasp31 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:41 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Just because a fan proposes it doesn't mean the trade has been offered. It was reported that the Suns wouldn't include Jackson in a trade for Kyrie. Maybe that changes....but the Suns told him he wouldn't be included in that trade.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#214 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:51 pm

Ethomasp31 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Where did you hear this? I thought Jackson was not available.

Just because a fan proposes it doesn't mean the trade has been offered. It was reported that the Suns wouldn't include Jackson in a trade for Kyrie. Maybe that changes....but the Suns told him he wouldn't be included in that trade.

All I said was it's out there. You choose what you want to, either way, Jackson can't be traded until Aug 4th, so that could be the snag.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#215 » by Slim Tubby » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:31 pm

Nidsmy wrote:Thibs should say:

You want wiggins for kyrie irving...

Ok, what other assets are you prepared to give up?

Thibs: "Let me get this straight...you want to trade us a 25-year old PG with 2 years left on his deal who wants to run away from your dysfunctional organization as quickly as possible in exchange for a 22-year old Wing scoring machine with 6 years remaining of team control? Somehow you feel you have the leverage despite Kyrie publically demanding a trade? Plus, you feel like we need to add more value to the deal?"

Altman: "Sounds about right."

Thibs: "Thanks for playing." (Click)

IMO, we just don't make great trade partners with CLE because we can't afford to part with our 2nd best Wing with no bench depth behind Wiggy and Jimmy. If Kyrie had demanded a trade before FA began, I wonder if CLE would've accepted Rubio, Dieng and the OKC 1st for Irving. As for the PHO rumors, they would be crazy to include Jackson in any trade scenarios. He is going to be one hell of a player in this league. Everyone always bashes on Wiggy for being one dimensional but what the hell is Irving? He's a "me first" guy that plays zero defense and lacks elite athleticism. The #1 thing I'm excited to see this season is what type of impact Butler has on Andrew. The sky is the limit for Wiggy if he applies himself on defense.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 1, 2017 6:33 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:Thibs: "Let me get this straight...you want to trade us a 25-year old PG with 2 years left on his deal who wants to run away from your dysfunctional organization as quickly as possible in exchange for a 22-year old Wing scoring machine with 6 years remaining of team control? Somehow you feel you have the leverage despite Kyrie publically demanding a trade?

Sounds exactly like how we got Wiggins in the first place, so not sure why it's so outlandish that a team would hold out for the best offer it can get....

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#217 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 1, 2017 6:41 pm

Ethomasp31 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Where did you hear this? I thought Jackson was not available.

That is hilarious , since Wiggins was told he would not be included in a trade for Kevin Love.
I think the Irving for Wiggins Dieng etc talk is dead , so it doesn't really matter much at this point.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#218 » by Slim Tubby » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:16 pm

Klomp wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:Thibs: "Let me get this straight...you want to trade us a 25-year old PG with 2 years left on his deal who wants to run away from your dysfunctional organization as quickly as possible in exchange for a 22-year old Wing scoring machine with 6 years remaining of team control? Somehow you feel you have the leverage despite Kyrie publically demanding a trade?

Sounds exactly like how we got Wiggins in the first place, so not sure why it's so outlandish that a team would hold out for the best offer it can get....

Don't get me wrong....I certainly don't blame CLE for asking for the moon. It's just my feeling that their return will be similar to what SAC received for Cousins where people are going to say, "is that all they got for him?".
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#219 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:44 pm

Suns shouldn't give Jackson in that trade. They absolutely do not need to. Bledsoe/Warren/Chriss or Bender/1st round pick is better than any possible offer any other team is going to make. Wouldn't be surprised if Suns aren't even offering that right now and is trying to get Cavs to take that package without the 1st or a big man.
Oriole8159
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#220 » by Oriole8159 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:50 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Don't get me wrong....I certainly don't blame CLE for asking for the moon. It's just my feeling that their return will be similar to what SAC received for Cousins where people are going to say, "is that all they got for him?".

sadly the Cousins deal was still a better return than any deal we could send Cle today that doesn't include Wiggins.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves