Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: The Andrew Wiggins Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo 

Post#1181 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 am

immortalone23 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:First of all, let’s not pretend Wiggins wasn’t the same guy at Kansas.
Flip developed KG, Thibodeau developed Rose and Butler. These coaches have proven capable of having great grow underneath them. Wiggins has been given all the time and attention anyone can expect, he’s the one that has to be accountable.

I'm sorry but we don't know that, and certainly not his entire time here. Fact is Flip was dealing with a life and death battle. I'm fairly certain delegation was required.

Thibodeaux is much older now and he could have been allowing the Assistants, such as Ryan, keep on keeping on what they were doing with guys like Wigs. I also wouldn't doubt there was a little backstabbing going on as soon as Thibs walked away. There was in the front office for sure. And if that was going on, it would explain a lot about how not everyone jumped on board enough for Thibs. It's why a new head coach/gm might usually bring all his own people in. That is if they aren't in a situation where an assistant's Dad was the former head coach also with a longtime prev history and then died here. Ryan was never going anywhere. Kind of a recipe for internal trouble to be honest. Even if I doubt he actively would have caused any turmoil. It's the ties players and others in the franchise already had to Flip and him. Maybe Wiggins would never listen to Thibs over Ryan and things he had already ingrained in Wiggs. What is Thibs to do after he's signed? Nothing.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. So explain to us how KAT is developing. Is it his own work ethic or is it the coaching?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Everyone is different. Good coaches and assistants have to coach them all independently for who they are. This isn't math class with the teacher only teaching to the enthusiastic kids in the front row. Especially your core guys you've decided on. They have screwed up on what they have taught Wiggins.

You tell me you don't believe someone from the franchise has coached Wiggins into avoiding the net, working on those spin jumpers and fades instead of attacking the rim as he did as a rookie. My guess is someone is trying to teach him how to stay healthy longer and in doing so has taken him away from his most dangerous skills.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,566

Post#1182 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 am

Jedzz wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
This is what Coaches of a team are for. Everyone needs to start holding the coaches responsible for these teams and the players. All of them from the head coach to the assistants. There is a reason so many players here start to shoot worse once they're here. There is a reason they weren't playing defense. There is a reason for all of it. Motivation, developing players, and putting them in a position to succeed, these are all absolutely jobs of team coaches. It would be different if Wiggins was the only up and down player, shooter. It would be different if more of them were more consistently showing us the same skill level game to game. Hardly any of them ever are here. It's coaching. It's programs, training, communication with players, environment, expectations, allowances, and then finally how they use them in games. The players may be rich, but they surely aren't wise to everything already. They need constant direction and reminders, a vision and path laid out for them to follow. Once they have 10 years in the league, then you let them be them and take care of themselves.

Coaches are not personal trainers.

Personal Trainers have literally nothing to do with conversation unless they are employed by the team.

You'd be wrong. When money isn't an issue and you want to be as good as you can be, you go out and get whatever you need to improve. I see a lot of players almost always with their personal trainers to be able to go work out anytime they want and as much as they want. Ultimately it's all about an individual's drive to be better, some have it, some don't.

It was 1989 when Michael Jordan first reached out to Tim Grover. Jordan, who had yet to win a title, was looking for both a personalized program and the convenience to work out whenever he wanted to. “People who had individual coaches were Olympians,” Grover says. “Michael was probably the first [NBA] guy to hire a guy full-time.” Eventually, Grover became the trainer to work with. His work with Jordan helped him land Kobe Bryant as a client. “The success Michael and I had over the years, that was the selling point,” he says.

Bazzell’s Instagram-follower count skyrocketed over the past year, from 3,000 to nearly 31,000. After self-financing monthly trips to Oklahoma City in 2017 to train McDermott, he met a teenager from Norman with a deadly 3-point shot. Now, Bazzell is Trae Young’s guy.

“That’s just what’s happening now,” Young tells me. “Everyone wants to get personal trainers.”

Remy, whose client list includes the likes of Andre Drummond, Jeff Green, and Hassan Whiteside, has a five-person marketing team that helps him determine what to post on his Instagram and when to post it—typically highlights of his summer runs to attract more NBA players to work out at his gym. Remy is also mindful of connecting with the next generation of players. It’s why he posts highlights of Vernon Carey Jr., a potential top-five pick in 2020 who he’s trained since sixth grade. “All it takes is one player to not want to be filmed, and that’s it,” Remy says. So far, no one has objected.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/9/18/17869164/private-trainers-workouts-video-instagram
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1183 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 am

AirP. wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Coaches are not personal trainers.

Personal Trainers have literally nothing to do with conversation unless they are employed by the team.

You'd be wrong. When money isn't an issue and you want to be as good as you can be, you go out and get whatever you need to improve. I see a lot of players almost always with their personal trainers to be able to go work out anytime they want and as much as they want. Ultimately it's all about an individual's drive to be better, some have it, some don't.

It was 1989 when Michael Jordan first reached out to Tim Grover. Jordan, who had yet to win a title, was looking for both a personalized program and the convenience to work out whenever he wanted to. “People who had individual coaches were Olympians,” Grover says. “Michael was probably the first [NBA] guy to hire a guy full-time.” Eventually, Grover became the trainer to work with. His work with Jordan helped him land Kobe Bryant as a client. “The success Michael and I had over the years, that was the selling point,” he says.

Bazzell’s Instagram-follower count skyrocketed over the past year, from 3,000 to nearly 31,000. After self-financing monthly trips to Oklahoma City in 2017 to train McDermott, he met a teenager from Norman with a deadly 3-point shot. Now, Bazzell is Trae Young’s guy.

“That’s just what’s happening now,” Young tells me. “Everyone wants to get personal trainers.”

Remy, whose client list includes the likes of Andre Drummond, Jeff Green, and Hassan Whiteside, has a five-person marketing team that helps him determine what to post on his Instagram and when to post it—typically highlights of his summer runs to attract more NBA players to work out at his gym. Remy is also mindful of connecting with the next generation of players. It’s why he posts highlights of Vernon Carey Jr., a potential top-five pick in 2020 who he’s trained since sixth grade. “All it takes is one player to not want to be filmed, and that’s it,” Remy says. So far, no one has objected.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/9/18/17869164/private-trainers-workouts-video-instagram

You don't get it, it has nothing to do with the point I was making. The Coaches need to be the ones pointing him in the right direction. And in his case it's clear someone has pointed him away from one of his most dangerous and effective abilities. No personal trainers should should be directing how he plays the game of basketball for the Timberwolves. No way. If it is a personal trainer trying to talk him into avoiding contact to extend his health or something, it's the Coaches of this team that need to see him avoiding net contact and figure this out.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Post#1184 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:12 am

Not all problems are caused or solved by coaching. Sometimes players just aren’t good enough.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1185 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 am

Worm Guts wrote:Not all problems are caused or solved by coaching. Sometimes players just aren’t good enough.

This is just excusing the coaching and assistants. It's wrong in my opinion. I see it as more Ryan protecting. But whatever the case, whoever it was, there is more than one Coach or assistant running around there.

You guys are avoiding this, so I will ask again. Who here believes someone hasn't told Wiggins to stop going for slams. To stop slashing as he did when young. And instead to avoid that traffic under the basket and avoid contact and just attempt short fades and spin jumpers?

Someone has told him to make this change to who he has become. Now, if it wasn't the coaches that talked him into playing like this, then is sure should be the coaches redirecting him back to playing to his strengths more often. There is no reason he has to totally remove those spin and fade separation shots, but it shouldn't be 80% of his attempts.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1186 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Not all problems are caused or solved by coaching. Sometimes players just aren’t good enough.

This is just excusing the coaching and assistants. It's wrong in my opinion. I see it as more Ryan protecting. But whatever the case, whoever it was, there is more than one Coach or assistant running around there.

You guys are avoiding this, so I will ask again. Who here believes someone hasn't told Wiggins to stop going for slams. To stop slashing as he did when young. And instead to avoid that traffic under the basket and avoid contact and just attempt short fades and spin jumpers?

Someone has told him to make this change to who he has become. Now, if it wasn't the coaches that talked him into playing like this, then is sure should be the coaches redirecting him back to playing to his strengths more often. There is no reason he has to totally remove those spin and fade separation shots, but it shouldn't be 80% of his attempts.

It has nothing to with protecting anybody. I just don't think coaching has that type of impact on a player, especially someone like Wiggins who's probably been getting elite coaching since he was in junior high.
For the most part I think Lebron James was always going to be Lebron, regardless of who his coaches were. And I'm not saying coaching makes no difference, it just doesn't make the difference between Wiggins being an all-star and what he is now. Someone like Wiggins should be getting rebounds, blocks and steals regardless of what type of coaching he's getting.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,566

Post#1187 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Jedzz wrote:You don't get it, it has nothing to do with the point I was making. The Coaches need to be the ones pointing him in the right direction. And in his case it's clear someone has pointed him away from one of his most dangerous and effective abilities. No personal trainers should should be directing how he plays the game of basketball for the Timberwolves. No way. If it is a personal trainer trying to talk him into avoiding contact to extend his health or something, it's the Coaches of this team that need to see him avoiding net contact and figure this out.

I do get it, this is what exit interviews are for each season, the coaches tell the players what they'd like the players to work on for the upcoming season and it's up to the players to work on those skills in the summer. It's actually possible to contact coaches and give and get updates on what needs to be done. I get it's tough to talk to Thibs when you're not doing your work and probably get called out on it all the time so it gets old(so do something about it?), but the players who are willing to put in the work seem to have very little problems with Thibs and actually seem to gravitate towards him. This is why

Don't give me the personal trainers shouldn't have input, there are numerous fans that can see what needs to be worked on by certain players so I'd expect someone in the business of development can also see that scouting the player themselves. Plain and simple, Andrew Wiggins looks like he's putting in near the bare minimum when it comes to working out in the summers as a NBA player.

Let's not forget there's been ex-players who have offered their services to Wiggins and he hasn't accepted their help. Hell, Butler has tried to help younger players who are willing to put in the work. Yes Jimmy rubs soft/non workers the wrong way, but if you're willing to work, Butler's the kind of guy you want around, probably why Tyus got along with him so well.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1188 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 pm

OMG. I don't believe a word of the beliefs of some of you. Exit interviews? You think Exit interviews are the only time a coach should tell them how to play, what to be working on, and most importantly how they should be playing with the timberwolves? Just mindboggling thought processes I'm reading.

If a coach doesn't coach, doesn't create schemes, doesn't fit players into the scheme and direct them how he wants them to fit into it, and doesn't notice problems and direct them on how and what to work on to become the player he needs them to be. Then what the hell do you need a coach or any of the assistants for? How in the world would you expect players to develop at all, let alone then claim one of the coaches or assistants are any good with development of players. How could they be if they don't work with the players on such things as you suggest. Just crazy talk I'm reading.

Are the coaches and assistants just ball boys collecting loose basketballs and the practices and games are just street ball? Hell no.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1189 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

It has nothing to with protecting anybody. I just don't think coaching has that type of impact on a player, especially someone like Wiggins who's probably been getting elite coaching since he was in junior high.
For the most part I think Lebron James was always going to be Lebron, regardless of who his coaches were. And I'm not saying coaching makes no difference, it just doesn't make the difference between Wiggins being an all-star and what he is now. Someone like Wiggins should be getting rebounds, blocks and steals regardless of what type of coaching he's getting.

Again, I'm not addressing the effort level, rebounding, blocks, steals. I do believe the coaches can and should be addressing such things. But that's not what I have been discussing at all. I'm addressing Wiggin's chosen style of offense now that is different from how he started even HERE. The coaches do have a system/scheme and different ones for different situations. They are telling players what they want them to be doing.

Lebron? How is Lebron a normal case? That has nothing to do with the Timberwolves. That example is utter nonsensical.

Tell me how you think the Warriors and all their star players fit together. They don't all just do their own thing with no coaching control. You people are amazingly coming up with the most ridiculous excuses for the Timberwolves coaches and assistants. If they did what some of you believe, none of them deserve to be paid a dime for their job. What do you think they do, take roll call and then go sit in an office?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1190 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:00 pm

Jedzz wrote:Tell me how you think the Warriors and all their star players fit together. They don't all just do their own thing with no coaching control. You people are amazingly coming up with the most ridiculous excuses for the Timberwolves coaches and assistants. If they did what some of you believe, none of them deserve to be paid a dime for their job. What do you think they do, take roll call and then go sit in an office?

Jedzz wrote:If a coach doesn't coach, doesn't create schemes, doesn't fit players into the scheme and direct them how he wants them to fit into it, and doesn't notice problems and direct them on how and what to work on to become the player he needs them to be. Then what the hell do you need a coach or any of the assistants for?

Do the students bear no responsibility in the education process? If a student fails, it has to be because the teacher didn't teach him well enough?

This may blow your mind, but a coach cannot force a player to do something on the court. Players are not robots. Telling a player "do this" doesn't guarantee that the player will do that. But I suppose the blame in those situations is 100% on the coach, just like a student failing on a test in school is 100% the teacher's fault.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1191 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:02 pm

AirP. wrote:
Jedzz wrote:You don't get it, it has nothing to do with the point I was making. The Coaches need to be the ones pointing him in the right direction. And in his case it's clear someone has pointed him away from one of his most dangerous and effective abilities. No personal trainers should should be directing how he plays the game of basketball for the Timberwolves. No way. If it is a personal trainer trying to talk him into avoiding contact to extend his health or something, it's the Coaches of this team that need to see him avoiding net contact and figure this out.

I do get it, this is what exit interviews are for each season, the coaches tell the players what they'd like the players to work on for the upcoming season and it's up to the players to work on those skills in the summer. It's actually possible to contact coaches and give and get updates on what needs to be done. I get it's tough to talk to Thibs when you're not doing your work and probably get called out on it all the time so it gets old(so do something about it?), but the players who are willing to put in the work seem to have very little problems with Thibs and actually seem to gravitate towards him. This is why

Don't give me the personal trainers shouldn't have input, there are numerous fans that can see what needs to be worked on by certain players so I'd expect someone in the business of development can also see that scouting the player themselves. Plain and simple, Andrew Wiggins looks like he's putting in near the bare minimum when it comes to working out in the summers as a NBA player.

Let's not forget there's been ex-players who have offered their services to Wiggins and he hasn't accepted their help. Hell, Butler has tried to help younger players who are willing to put in the work. Yes Jimmy rubs soft/non workers the wrong way, but if you're willing to work, Butler's the kind of guy you want around, probably why Tyus got along with him so well.

I have no clue what in the world you are trying to sell. You selling outside sports development or something? This is ridiculous. I'm talking about an NBA pro team and a player that closes his eyes in traffic. No, you don't get what I am talking about at all.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1192 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Again, I'm not addressing the effort level, rebounding, blocks, steals. I do believe the coaches can and should be addressing such things. But that's not what I have been discussing at all. I'm addressing Wiggin's chosen style of offense now that is different from how he started even HERE. The coaches do have a system/scheme and different ones for different situations. They are telling players what they want them to be doing.

Lebron? How is Lebron a normal case? That has nothing to do with the Timberwolves. That example is utter nonsensical.

Tell me how you think the Warriors and all their star players fit together. They don't all just do their own thing with no coaching control. You people are amazingly coming up with the most ridiculous excuses for the Timberwolves coaches and assistants. If they did what some of you believe, none of them deserve to be paid a dime for their job. What do you think they do, take roll call and then go sit in an office?

I would say most of what these coaches do is interchangeable. You maybe have 10 percent that are really good and 10 percent that are really bad, with the middle 80 percent doing the same things that everyone else in the league does. If you want to talk offensive strategies, that's one thing, player development is something else. It's one thing to say that Wiggins skillset hasn't improved and it's another to criticize how he fits in the offense.
Wiggins has changed how he plays, but that was because of Jimmy Butler. Wiggins has always had problems when he isn't the focal point.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1193 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Jedzz wrote:I have no clue what in the world you are trying to sell. You selling outside sports development or something? This is ridiculous. I'm talking about an NBA pro team and a player that closes his eyes in traffic. No, you don't get what I am talking about at all.

I don't know why you're so stuck on one still photograph, other than the fact that it fits your narrative. Don't you think there's a possibility that he was blinking or that he had an opponent's hand/arm up near his face and didn't want to have his eyes poked out?

Nah, can't be possible. One still photograph is firm proof in the law according to Jedzz that Wiggins closes his eyes every time he goes into traffic.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1194 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
I would say most of what these coaches do is interchangeable. You maybe have 10 percent that are really good and 10 percent that are really bad, with the middle 80 percent doing the same things that everyone else in the league does. If you want to talk offensive strategies, that's one thing, player development is something else. It's one thing to say that Wiggins skillset hasn't improved and it's another to criticize how he fits in the offense.
Wiggins has changed how he plays, but that was because of Jimmy Butler. Wiggins has always had problems when he isn't the focal point.

I was pretty clear. I don't know what left field excuses or strange generalities you guys want to pull next but I'm done with all that. This will wrap up that mess and will leave the accountability with the coaches of the Timberwolves.

You have a Maxed contract player signed up for many years to come.
That player closes his eyes in traffic now. NOW, with no Butler in sight. No more Butler excuses.
That player avoids bodies in traffic, now, with no Butler around.
That player no longer is slashing to become a target for his ball handlers. He stands in place.
That player rarely finishes above the rim any longer. Rare games, and it's once or twice in those rare games.

All he mostly does now is stop and fade, or stop and spin jumpers that create separation and removes the need to go through the bodies at all. The Coaches have allowed this. Someone there may or may not have actually taught him this. But they are the certainly the ones allowing this to be his entire game right now.

Because that's all he does, he has gotten away from the mental braveness of going through the bodies to finish above the net. Something he was very capable of doing even as a rookie here. We saw it. Now, he's even closing his eyes bracing for the contact.

Now I realize some of you want to excuse the coaches from having to coach this guy and take accountability for what he is showing. But these recent mind boggling excuses you are offering, stating that coaches and assistants don't "develop" or do anything really, is just nuts.

We've got people here claiming Ryan is well known for developing players for the Wizards before his time here. Some have even claimed for him some responsibility with Town's development while here. These words and posts are here. Check the Ryan is the new coach thread. Now I have a couple people claiming coaches and assistants do not develop players, aren't responsible for what they do on the court, don't tell them how to play. Which is it?

Players have certain things they are known for. But that's meaningless. Those abilities and traits are what Coaches have to fit into a team environment with 4 other players or multiple rotations of players and when or how to utilize those abilities in certain schemes and situations. That's absolutely the coaches job. What we are seeing from Wiggins lately is exactly what the coaches were asking him to do. I am not talking about how well or poorly he pulls it off. I'm talking about where he positions himself, where others are expecting him to be, and where he's designed to go with the ball once he gets it. These things are the coach's purview. And when the Coaches see him always stopping when defenders are close and then when he rarely tries to go through to finish at the rim he's dropping the ball because he closes his eyes and flinches, it is absolutely their job to jump on this issue and work to correct it.

If the coaches/assistants can't help him, it might mean they should be fired as coaches/assistants or the player needs to be benched until the moment he starts to get it. You can't play whole seasons and just avoid the issue until you bring it up in an offseason exit interview. That's utter nonsense.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1195 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:I have no clue what in the world you are trying to sell. You selling outside sports development or something? This is ridiculous. I'm talking about an NBA pro team and a player that closes his eyes in traffic. No, you don't get what I am talking about at all.

I don't know why you're so stuck on one still photograph, other than the fact that it fits your narrative. Don't you think there's a possibility that he was blinking or that he had an opponent's hand/arm up near his face and didn't want to have his eyes poked out?

Nah, can't be possible. One still photograph is firm proof in the law according to Jedzz that Wiggins closes his eyes every time he goes into traffic.

One photograph is all that is needed for the example. If you watched the games lately as I have you would have seen Wiggins going in to traffic (when he rarely still will) and losing the ball often. He's flinching, wincing, loses the ball, you will see both hands fly up sometimes when this happens he is probably hoping to draw a foul shot to save the possession he just killed. The one photograph is only offered as the visual example. It's not the only visual of this problem. Do you think I would even bother if it was something that wasn't happening often? It is. If you aren't watching games and seeing it, that's not my issue. I'm just pointing it out.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1196 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Jedzz wrote:One photograph is all that is needed for the example. If you watched the games lately as I have you would have seen Wiggins going in to traffic and losing the ball often.

Losing the ball often does not mean he always closes his eyes in traffic. Some people just don't have strong hands/grip.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1197 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:51 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:One photograph is all that is needed for the example. If you watched the games lately as I have you would have seen Wiggins going in to traffic and losing the ball often.

Losing the ball often does not mean he always closes his eyes in traffic. Some people just don't have strong hands/grip.

Yes and some people have numb hands and nerve problems. What other possible excuse can we dream up.

Again. I'm watching the games, and I brought the visual to help you see what you are missing. It's easy for a defender to strip you when you pause and wince. According to AirP, it may be communicated to him come exit interview time.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1198 » by Dewey » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Jedzz wrote:Here's my thoughts on Wiggin's hurdle to get over.

Dude is flinching and closing his eyes, at least squinting, preparing for contact. This is why we often see him lose the ball in the final few steps before reaching the net. We've all seen the few occasions where he doesn't flinch, where he's obviously not concerned with contact and he just skies over people and comes down on top them like a tomahawk. And then we see the 75% of the time Wiggins that completely shys away from any contact. He's gotten worse about this as the years have gone on.

Some coach is going to have to get out the body pads and have 4 guys stand around him and force him to crash the net through them over and over and over and over until he gets used to it. If they don't, I'm not sure he gets over this flinching and apprehension problem. He's got 369 starts in his tally already. One would assume that's enough to get used to the idea of crashing through bodies. But it looks like he needs help here. Help him put on ten pounds so he can bounce people better and feels more confident. Put him through the ringers in practice and prepare this kid by hardening him up. Or don't.

until there is video from start to finish to show he had his eyes closed play after play there's nothing to argue about other than opinion. A still shot is merely a snapshot in time.

Your theory would suggest there's no excuse that prolly every person who has ever had their photo taken has had their eyes closed one time or another ... therefore, we should get out the pads and smack them around over and over so it don't happen again... jeezuz. :roll:

Be fair and take video of any player and you can selectively find still-shots to support whatever you want. Take a video of Wiggins driving 10 different times and keep a 100 stills of each drive and see what you get. Maybe his eyes are closed, head down, day dreaming, or even looking at some chick in the stands, etc... who knows. I'm not seeing a discussion over a single freeze-frame.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#1199 » by Domejandro » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 pm

I keep repeating this over and over, by why do people just ignore the fact that maybe he just has poor hand-eye coordination? The is as much an athletic skill as endurance, vertical, and strength.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#1200 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Jedzz wrote:

I don't see anyone here excusing the coaches, but I also think it's short sighted to overlook the fact that Andrew has to be the one in control of his greatness.

If he is being told by anyone to avoid contact, save your body etc. then he is as soft as Butler claims he is.
Also, have you noticed how many times he gets stripped of the ball with that spin move and drives into the lane?
I think he has lost it between the ears. You can see it on his face when he misses free throws.
Coaches, trainers and teammates can only take you so far. Wiggins is going to have to put in the work. And sometimes that is just going thru the motions without any effort. (Heart)

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves