The Andrew Wiggins Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Re: The Andrew Wiggins Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo 

Post#1241 » by theGreatRC » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:54 am

Klomp wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:He doesn't have any personal goals. He freaking hates basketball

Source? Link?

Source is his body language and on court production
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1242 » by minimus » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:16 am

karch34 wrote:
minimus wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:A Wiggins trade where we don't give up more than 1 first round pick would automatically qualify for Executive of the year, but at some point the FO needs to consider just waiving him like Detroit did with Josh Smith a couple of years ago.

I'd actually give up a FRP if we get a decent player in return or buy expiring.

Wiggins, FRP for Bogdanovic, Randolph
Wiggins, FRP for Parker, Portis
Wiggins, FRP for Carroll, Dudley
Wiggins, FRP for Bazemore, Dedmond

These all feel like us trading the better player in Sam Cassell and adding a 1st to get Marco Jaric.

Better player - yes, the worst contract in NBA - yes.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#1243 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Feb 7, 2019 1:48 pm

Klomp wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:He doesn't have any personal goals. He freaking hates basketball

Source? Link?
Your post was my source
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#1244 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 7, 2019 1:54 pm

minimus wrote:
karch34 wrote:
minimus wrote:
I'd actually give up a FRP if we get a decent player in return or buy expiring.

Wiggins, FRP for Bogdanovic, Randolph
Wiggins, FRP for Parker, Portis
Wiggins, FRP for Carroll, Dudley
Wiggins, FRP for Bazemore, Dedmond

These all feel like us trading the better player in Sam Cassell and adding a 1st to get Marco Jaric.

What exactly is the hurry?
minimus
RealGM

Post#1245 » by minimus » Thu Feb 7, 2019 2:17 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:
karch34 wrote:

My idea is that I'd like to make a "soft reset" now, before KAT get annoyed and ask for trade. I think we are approaching this invisible deadline. I mean KAT-RoCo + a bunch of solid players + expiring next year will not be worse than KAT-RoCo-Wiggins + current players. So trade Wiggins for pennies, reset financialy our roster, resign Tyus, Saric, draft a talented player.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1246 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 7, 2019 3:10 pm

minimus wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:

My idea is that I'd like to make a "soft reset" now, before KAT get annoyed and ask for trade. I think we are approaching this invisible deadline. I mean KAT-RoCo + a bunch of solid players + expiring next year will not be worse than KAT-RoCo-Wiggins + current players. So trade Wiggins for pennies, reset financialy our roster, resign Tyus, Saric, draft a talented player.

KAT has 5 years on his contract. We have at least 3 before he can realistically demand anything.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#1247 » by immortalone23 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 3:17 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Source? Link?
Your post was my source

Does he honestly look like he enjoys basketball? You have to like it somewhat to want to improve. He clearly doesn’t want it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
minimus
RealGM

Post#1248 » by minimus » Thu Feb 7, 2019 3:36 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

KAT has 5 years on his contract. We have at least 3 before he can realistically demand anything.

Just couple of months ago AD said that he would not leave NOP. (Even if he hired Rich Paul last summer as agent. Same agent as LeBron)
Just a year ago Cousins-AD-Holiday+ Rondo could give trouble even GSW.
Just two an half years ago AD signed muiltiyear contract.

I wish we have 3 years, but I feel like it is more 1.5-2 years window.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1249 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 7, 2019 3:42 pm

minimus wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:

Just couple of months ago AD said that he would not leave NOP. (Even if he hired Rich Paul last summer as agent. Same agent as LeBron)

It’s not about what KAT says, it’s that we currently have all the leverage. Obviously I wouldn’t try to alienate KAT, but I don’t think we need to have a sense of urgency.
I also think KAT is friends with Wiggins, so I don’t know that trading him is something that’s going to make happy unless it directly leads to more winning.
minimus
RealGM

Post#1250 » by minimus » Thu Feb 7, 2019 3:50 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

It’s not about what KAT says, it’s that we currently have all the leverage. Obviously I wouldn’t try to alienate KAT, but I don’t think we need to have a sense of urgency.
I also think KAT is friends with Wiggins, so I don’t know that trading him is something that’s going to make happy unless it directly leads to more winning.

Again, I wish we have all the leverage, but reality suggests that it is superstars league. Our last situation with Butler is just one confirmation. KAT and Wiggins are friends, but KAT is not stupid. He is generation talent, if he gets needed supporting cast we get a superteam with high hopes.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1251 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:00 pm

minimus wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:

Again, I wish we have all the leverage, but reality suggests that it is superstars league. Our last situation with Butler is just one confirmation. KAT and Wiggins are friends, but KAT is not stupid. He is generation talent, if he gets needed supporting cast we get a superteam with high hopes.

Butler was in the last year of his contract. I suppose if Towns behaved the same way he could try to force a trade, but it’s really not typical for a player to force a trade before the last year of his contract.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,916

Post#1252 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:01 pm

minimus wrote:Again, I wish we have all the leverage, but reality suggests that it is superstars league. Our last situation with Butler is just one confirmation. KAT and Wiggins are friends, but KAT is not stupid. He is generation talent, if he gets needed supporting cast we get a superteam with high hopes.

Butler was on his final year before he could opt out. Davis can opt out after next season. Towns doesn't have an opt-out clause and has five years left on his deal after this year.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM

Post#1253 » by minimus » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:36 pm

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:Again, I wish we have all the leverage, but reality suggests that it is superstars league. Our last situation with Butler is just one confirmation. KAT and Wiggins are friends, but KAT is not stupid. He is generation talent, if he gets needed supporting cast we get a superteam with high hopes.

Butler was on his final year before he could opt out. Davis can opt out after next season. Towns doesn't have an opt-out clause and has five years left on his deal after this year.

I don't see how we can retain KAT if he demands trade.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1254 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:28 pm

minimus wrote:
Klomp wrote:

It depends how willing we are to play chicken. He’s not going to tank several seasons of his career to force a trade.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1255 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:41 pm

And just to add to that, he’s going to be a lot less likely to force a trade as long as we’ making positive progress. If we make panic moves where we trade picks and give out bad contracts and those moves don’t work, then he’s more likely to force his way out.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#1256 » by dice » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:46 am

KGdaBom wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
urinesane wrote:I think the shoe thing is probably more due to him not being a huge personality and less about his game currently.

Yup. There's a reason why KAT is in a bunch of commercials & a guy like Kawhi is not even though Kawhi is a top 5 player.

KAT will end his career an easily better player than Kawhi. I all but guaranty it.

ouch
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#1257 » by dice » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:05 am

Mattya wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Crazy that some on the trade board don't think he has top 10 value.......

... Among those drafted in his draft year.

Are you really surprised? It's called an echo chamber.

either the person who started the echo was right on the money or...people were actually thinking objectively for themselves

wiggins currently 20th in his draft class in career VORP
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#1258 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:42 am

dice wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
Yup. There's a reason why KAT is in a bunch of commercials & a guy like Kawhi is not even though Kawhi is a top 5 player.

KAT will end his career an easily better player than Kawhi. I all but guaranty it.

ouch

Why ouch? Kawhi already missed a season and had to sit out a bunch of games last year. I will stand by my statement except take out the word easily.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#1259 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:45 am

Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:
Klomp wrote:Butler was on his final year before he could opt out. Davis can opt out after next season. Towns doesn't have an opt-out clause and has five years left on his deal after this year.

It depends how willing we are to play chicken. He’s not going to tank several seasons of his career to force a trade.

Why all this demanding a trade $hit. Is that what the NBA has devolved too the belief that every good player is going to demand a trade? How about just enjoying him being here and worrying about him demanding a trade if/when he ever does demand a trade. I'm not going to put one second into worrying about that.
minimus
RealGM

Post#1260 » by minimus » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:

Why all this demanding a trade $hit. Is that what the NBA has devolved too the belief that every good player is going to demand a trade? How about just enjoying him being here and worrying about him demanding a trade if/when he ever does demand a trade. I'm not going to put one second into worrying about that.

You are not worrying, because it is not your job. However, Rosas in almost every interview underlines that KAT is a star of our franchise, he is conscious that he needs to maximize KATs window. If KAT demands trade it will be already to late to fix it. All stars who demanded trade were traded.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves