ImageImageImage

The Jeff Teague Era !

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

The Jeff Teague Era ! 

Post#1 » by walk with me » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Let's get a little Teague hype going! What are your expectations for him this season stat, energy and leadership wise?

I'm happy that the fans of Minnesota are going to get to see a pg who's a scoring threat after a long long time of waiting.
neminnfan
Ballboy
And1: 7

Re: The Jeff Teague Era ! 

Post#2 » by neminnfan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:50 pm

I like Teague. He's super consistent and has played in a ton of big games. I believe he will play off the ball a lot with Butler initiating the offense. I don't mean to cherry pick, but the dude got off to a horrific start in his hometown, but settled down fairly quickly. I read that from Dec. 1 through the 2017 playoffs, he shot 40 percent from 3 and that's after shooting 40 percent from 3 in 2015-16. He definitely can hit open jumpers.

With Teague and Butler, Minnesota is definitely going to be better in late-game situations. And if Teague can consistently score and initiate offense, opposing teams will have to put a solid defender in his face and Butler's, leaving Wiggins being guarded with what's left. I'll take that.

I think all of us will be shocked at how well an offense works with a PG that can score/shot at an above-average level.

I'm excited.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by walk with me » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:00 pm

neminnfan wrote:I like Teague. He's super consistent and has played in a ton of big games. I believe he will play off the ball a lot with Butler initiating the offense. I don't mean to cherry pick, but the dude got off to a horrific start in his hometown, but settled down fairly quickly. I read that from Dec. 1 through the 2017 playoffs, he shot 40 percent from 3 and that's after shooting 40 percent from 3 in 2015-16. He definitely can hit open jumpers.

With Teague and Butler, Minnesota is definitely going to be better in late-game situations. And if Teague can consistently score and initiate offense, opposing teams will have to put a solid defender in his face and Butler's, leaving Wiggins being guarded with what's left. I'll take that.

I think all of us will be shocked at how well an offense works with a PG that can score/shot at an above-average level.

I'm excited.

100%

The great thing about Teague is I don't think he wants to or has to have the ball in his hands a lot. Which is great because he should be able to successfully thrive off the ball with jimmy Kat and Wiggins doing their thing. I think Teague is in for a big season of WINNING contributing basketball
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Post#4 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm not too excited now but when I see him nailing open shots, I will get there pretty quickly.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,946

Post#5 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:25 pm

I don't know if people realize how good of a player Teague is.

He's not an alpha scorer, but someone who can take advantage of a plus matchup. He had an offensive rating of 115 last season. Now put him on the most talented roster he's been on, and he'll likely get more opportunities.

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#6 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:35 pm

I forget about Teague after having 3 guys who can score 24-27 a game...but he's one hell of a 4th option and will have the light of day to hit open shots, which he should.

We don't get that with Rubio. We get other things extraordinarily well but not that. We're projected to be the 2nd best offense in the league.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#7 » by gandlogo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Despite being a huge Rubio fan – borderline apologist – I’m intrigued to see the impact of Teague in terms of shooting and spacing. The season cannot get here fast enough.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#8 » by SBM » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:32 pm

I think most here are seeing things wrong on Teague. Some are Rubio fans thus hate Teague. Some just don't understand Teague and his game or accomplishments so far. I don't think Teague was brought to the Wolves to come down the court, pass the ball off to Wig,Butler, or KAT, then go wait for an open 3. Teague's best year was one in which he helped run one of the most efficient offenses through running plays and continuity, ball movement and taking what the defense gives you. I think he is going to come down and get them in there stuff, make the decision on who gets the ball based on who is the best option after running the stuff and how the defense is playing and overplaying the stuff. I will be the 1st one to say Teague is better at running offense than Rubio even though Rubio is the more gifted passer.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,844

Post#9 » by AirP. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Although a legitimate argument can be made that Rubio is a better PG then Teague, I believe Teague's overall skillset is a much better fit for Minnesota's current roster then Rubio's. Teague had 22 games of 20+ points, even with a major player hurt/out Minnesota has enough scorers to handle most teams in the league. It's really incredible how much better the Timberwolves have gotten in 1 year.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#10 » by theGreatRC » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Still think Ricky is the better overall PG, but I get the PnR problems with KAT that Jim Pete has brought up numerous times & i'm excited to see if it can make a big difference.

I just want the season to start so we can see how good this team can become
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by SBM » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:16 pm

How is Ricky the better overall PG. Ricky has had every chance there is. There has been a lot of talk about time of possession or how much a guy holds the ball and Ricky definitely is better at pounding the ball.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by walk with me » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:24 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Still think Ricky is the better overall PG, but I get the PnR problems with KAT that Jim Pete has brought up numerous times & i'm excited to see if it can make a big difference.

I just want the season to start so we can see how good this team can become

He's not lol... you'll see this year. Teague will do everything Ricky ever did plus some.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,844

Post#13 » by AirP. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 pm

SBM wrote:How is Ricky the better overall PG. Ricky has had every chance there is. There has been a lot of talk about time of possession or how much a guy holds the ball and Ricky definitely is better at pounding the ball.

Well, he's better on defense and creating/finding shots for teammates, if Rubio could just add a good outside shot and actually be a threat to score he'd be a top tier PG in the league. Rubio should have a great year in Utah because they'll be dependent on him to make scoring opportunities for his teammates with Hayward gone. BTW... I was fighting all the Rubio fans on trading him, his game just doesn't work with Minnesota's roster, they need outside shooting badly and Teague should have a lot of open opportunities with teams needing to double team Towns and Butler.
Ranger
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#14 » by Ranger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:16 pm

He looked 29 going on 50, according to the NBA radio today.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#15 » by KGdaBom » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Ranger wrote:He looked 29 going on 50, according to the NBA radio today.

Teague??????????
Ranger
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#16 » by Ranger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:44 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Ranger wrote:He looked 29 going on 50, according to the NBA radio today.

Teague??????????

Yeah, they were talking about his last season.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by SBM » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Teague's last season was better than anything Ricky has ever done. They probably think he is slowing down because he does not dunk as much.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by SBM » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:02 am

If Lonzo Ball could not get a team with Wiggins, KAT, and Lavine to the playoffs in his 7th or 8th year in the league people would say every nasty thing in the world about him. Rubio was once Ball minus his father. Rubio continues to be overrated in certain circles.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:35 am

SBM wrote:If Lonzo Ball could not get a team with Wiggins, KAT, and Lavine to the playoffs in his 7th or 8th year in the league people would say every nasty thing in the world about him. Rubio was once Ball minus his father. Rubio continues to be overrated in certain circles.

Why use ball.. why not use rondo who people say should be out of the nba essentially lol.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#20 » by minimus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:52 am

I read that Teague has been average finisher at rim which is surprising given his athletic abilities. However his one of the best pull up shooters in the game. This is something that need to monitor when I watch Teague games.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves