The Jeff Teague Era !

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Re: The Jeff Teague Era ! 

Post#101 » by walk with me » Mon Oct 2, 2017 11:52 am

KGdaBom wrote:
King Malta wrote:Jesus Christ, is it possible to have a Teague thread without it constantly disintegrating into a "Rubio vs Teague" argument every second page.

This debate has been done to death and nothing is going to change until we see Teague on the court during the season proper.

I apologize for being a part of what is frustrating you. I was just trying to take a long term look at the deal. I'm still excited to watch Teague play for us for as long as he chooses to remain with us. Time will tell how it works out in the end, but my nemesis here who we all know hates Rubio with a passion was acting like he knew something he flat out didn't know and distorting facts.

Twolves starting point guard

Jeff Teague

Back ups

Tyus, brooks, Crawford

I didn't say a word about anyone else. Especially about people who aren't on the team.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#102 » by King Malta » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:15 pm

walk with me wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
King Malta wrote:Jesus Christ, is it possible to have a Teague thread without it constantly disintegrating into a "Rubio vs Teague" argument every second page.

This debate has been done to death and nothing is going to change until we see Teague on the court during the season proper.

I apologize for being a part of what is frustrating you. I was just trying to take a long term look at the deal. I'm still excited to watch Teague play for us for as long as he chooses to remain with us. Time will tell how it works out in the end, but my nemesis here who we all know hates Rubio with a passion was acting like he knew something he flat out didn't know and distorting facts.

Twolves starting point guard

Jeff Teague

Back ups

Tyus, brooks, Crawford

I didn't say a word about anyone else. Especially about people who aren't on the team.

Give it a rest dude, you've been directly involved with every Rubio related thread derailment on this forum.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#103 » by walk with me » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:19 pm

King Malta wrote:
Give it a rest dude, you've been directly involved with every Rubio related thread derailment on this forum.

Man I posted a bunch of highlights from Teague and other people are bringing up "Rubio".

That's derailment.

I'm focused on Teague.

Edit: I was in the Rubio thread. Klomp said his peace and I haven't been in there since. I'm in the Teague thread showing Teague highlights and someone else NOT ME bought up Rubio. Again. How am I derailing?
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#104 » by King Malta » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:57 pm

walk with me wrote:
King Malta wrote:

Man I posted a bunch of highlights from Teague and other people are bringing up "Rubio".

That's derailment.

I'm focused on Teague.

Edit: I was in the Rubio thread. Klomp said his peace and I haven't been in there since. I'm in the Teague thread showing Teague highlights and someone else NOT ME bought up Rubio. Again. How am I derailing?

You've just spent two pages debating over Rubio after someone made a post that just so happened to mention him.

I'm not going to further derail the thread debating about a pointless debate, but whenever the word 'Rubio' appears on this forum you promptly appear like Bloody Mary and lose your mind.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#105 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:16 pm

This time I actually don't believe wwm is at fault. He didn't inject Rubio into the conversation, but simply responded to someone who did.

The biggest thing he's at fault here is breaking up a quote chain and making it very difficult to follow the conversation because it's hard to tell who said what.

Can we please try to keep the discussion on basketball and not on other posters?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#106 » by Killboard » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:25 pm

Funny how people prize Teague 1st game when he had 11 points, 9 assist and under .400 FG% and .250 3pt%.

Im rooting for him even when I didnt like the signing, he's a good pro, but dont fool you, if the wolves makes the playoff this season will be mostly about Butler being an all-star and the maturing of the core.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#107 » by ace625214 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:40 pm

I laughed at the progression of that argument.

-Show me statistical evidence for your argument! Your feelings without stats mean nothing. (meanwhile having none himself)
--No.
-Show it to me!
--Ok fine, here's some stats clearly indicating exactly what I said.
-Lol bro stats are dumb they don't mean anything.
jmoy
Senior
And1: 180

Post#108 » by jmoy » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:46 pm

Killboard wrote:Funny how people prize Teague 1st game when he had 11 points, 9 assist and under .400 FG% and .250 3pt%.

Im rooting for him even when I didnt like the signing, he's a good pro, but dont fool you, if the wolves makes the playoff this season will be mostly about Butler being an all-star and the maturing of the core.

I think the reason is that although Teague didn't dominate or even play great, he looked like he fit well with the rest of the offense where Rubio looked he had to be in control of the offense. This is the first time in a while where the PG looks more like someone whose game fits into the system and play of the other players and not the other way around. Probably the first time since Terrell Brandon was here that we have that and since this team has 3 players who are or should be offensive stars, having someone who is a good player and fits is what is needed.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#109 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:51 pm

Killboard wrote:Funny how people prize Teague 1st game when he had 11 points, 9 assist and under .400 FG% and .250 3pt%.

I think it's because we saw Teague in that first game do some things that we've been aching to see our PG do for years now (e.g. aggressively attack the rack when the opposing D forgets about him). That sort of thing will keep defenses honest and create a lot more situations where our star guys are receiving single coverage.

With R....with the Spanish guy opposing defenses would just leave him alone on the perimeter, or even straight up dare him to drive. They won't be doing that with Teague (or, if they do, he'll make them regret it). Teague doesn't need to put up All-Star numbers to make me happy; he just needs to be capable of helping us as a team play 5-on-5 rather than 4-on-5 on offense.
"The last domino falls here!"
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#110 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 2, 2017 8:14 pm

Re-watching the highlights - two plays by Teague really stand out: the quick drive with the finger roll and the scoop shot. (The little drive to the free throw line followed by the improbably high shot off the glass was fun too.) These are things Rubio rarely did, taking advantage of what the defense would offer. I can't count the number of times Ricky would drive to the basket, and, barely leaving the ground, throw up a layup/reverse layup that would drip weakly off the rim.

God willing, at some point in this season we might actually see our starting PG dunk. He doesn't have to score all the points, but the fact that he CAN score from anywhere means no more opposing PGs having easy defensive nights.
"The last domino falls here!"
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,801

Post#111 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 2, 2017 9:53 pm

That really does look like a Rubio stat line.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#112 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 2, 2017 9:56 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:

I think it's because we saw Teague in that first game do some things that we've been aching to see our PG do for years now (e.g. aggressively attack the rack when the opposing D forgets about him). That sort of thing will keep defenses honest and create a lot more situations where our star guys are receiving single coverage.

With R....with the Spanish guy opposing defenses would just leave him alone on the perimeter, or even straight up dare him to drive. They won't be doing that with Teague (or, if they do, he'll make them regret it). Teague doesn't need to put up All-Star numbers to make me happy; he just needs to be capable of helping us as a team play 5-on-5 rather than 4-on-5 on offense.

For all the people that claimed we were playing four on five on offense we did amazingly well on offense. The player who's name must not be mentioned improved the offense whenever he was on the court. His detractors say, but in crunch time we sucked on offense. OK we did, but we did that as a team.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#113 » by SBM » Mon Oct 2, 2017 10:39 pm

Personally, i think the mods around here are a little phen it comes to this pushy and over the top when it comes to this Teague/Rubio foolishness. It is going to be totally disrespectful to see every thread taking over with Teague/Rubio all year.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#114 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 2, 2017 11:07 pm

SBM wrote:Personally, i think the mods around here are a little phen it comes to this pushy and over the top when it comes to this Teague/Rubio foolishness. It is going to be totally disrespectful to see every thread taking over with Teague/Rubio all year.

I love them both. I just feel the need to defend the one who can't be mentioned when his memory is besmirched.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#116 » by KGdaBom » Wed Oct 4, 2017 7:17 pm

Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#117 » by Vindicater » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 am

I have been pleasantly surprised so far with him.

I was not happy when we got him but he is turning me around.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#118 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,160

Post#119 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 pm

There you go! Just give this guy a chance. He's a stud

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by walk with me » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Easily his best game so far. If he can do this EVERY NIGHT the potential is endless

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves