Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Re: The Jeff Teague Era ! 

Post#21 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:23 am

He carved us up in midrange/floater game last year

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#22 » by KGdaBom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:31 am

Ranger wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Ranger wrote:He looked 29 going on 50, according to the NBA radio today.

Teague??????????

Yeah, they were talking about his last season.

He had a VERY nice season. Best assists of his career.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#23 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:52 am

I feel like this is more of a Rubio bashing thread than a Jeff Teague thread...

I bet Rubio slept with "walk with me" gitlfriend or something. Get over, Rubio is no longer here.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#24 » by KGdaBom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:11 am

mercgold3 wrote:I feel like this is more of a Rubio bashing thread than a Jeff Teague thread...

I bet Rubio slept with "walk with me" gitlfriend or something. Get over, Rubio is no longer here.

I have Walk with me on my enemies. I don't see what he says.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#25 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:57 am

mercgold3 wrote:I feel like this is more of a Rubio bashing thread than a Jeff Teague thread...

You haven't posted since rubio got traded lol.... shouldn't you be in the jazz forums?
neminnfan
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#26 » by neminnfan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 pm

I also really think Minnesota had to move Ricky when they did. It was too risky with his broken shot to keep him after his hot spell.

Ricky from 3 last year
Nov. .280
Dec. .289
Jan. .276
At this point RIcky is only worth a salary dump for Derrick Rose. Thankfully, Thibs passed.
Feb. .324
MARCH .439 -- Ricky gets hot
April .150 -- Ricky reverts back.
Luckily March's strong play was good enough for the Wolves to not only dump Ricky but also get a first round pick. Sell High! And don't look back.
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Post#27 » by Macwolf527 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:39 pm

As someone mentioned, I believe it has more to do with the system then the character of the player. Both Teague and Rubio have strengths and weaknesses. Teague's strength are more in line with what Thib's wants from his PG. The ability to put pressure on the defense via drive and score or drive and kick. Rubio was great at the drive and kick, but not drive and score.

But to focus more on Teague. Two things jumped at at me when looking at his stats. I noticed he shot a higher 3pt percentage in two scenario's. Last year playing with George, a ball dominant wing, he shot close to 42% from deep from January thru March. In April that number dipped down to 32%. His minutes also increased to over 34 per game from the previous 30-31 in Jan-Mar. Which leads me to the other scenario, which is his last year with Atlanta (2015-16) in which he shot 40% over the entire season from 3pt range. His minute average was 28.5 for the year. So, go his legs, so go his shot from deep. If Thibs can manage his minutes to under 30 per game, I believe we'll get the high percentage from him on the deep shot.

My final point which includes all the perimeter players. I expect Butler, Wiggins and Teague to shoot a higher percentage from the 3. Solely because they'll get cleaner looks with other teammates being more of a scoring threat. I read somewhere that Wiggins shot close to 40% from deep on catch and shoot shots. Those shots will be in abundance for him playing with Teague, Butler, and Crawford. The entire system will work better with the type of players brought in.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#28 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:01 pm

walk with me wrote:

You haven't posted since rubio got traded lol.... shouldn't you be in the jazz forums?

This coming from a bandwagon fan, a Heat fan that somehow showed interest in the Timberwolves in the last year or so.
Before that you didn't even know where the Wolves forum was... GTFO
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
This coming from a bandwagon fan, a Heat fan that somehow showed interest in the Timberwolves in the last year or so.

In the last 365 days I have been to more home games then you have and I have more posts in this forum then you.

You, on the other hand haven't posted in this subforum since rubio left. I can spot a rubio fan a mile away. You care nothing about the wolves. Just a blind rubio fan. I'm here for the wolves so keep it moving. Good luck in Utah.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: The Jeff Teague Era ! 

Post#30 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

walk with me wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

In the last 365 days I have been to more home games then you have and I have more posts in this forum then you.

You, on the other hand haven't posted in this subforum since rubio left. I can spot a rubio fan a mile away. You care nothing about the wolves. Just a blind rubio fan. I'm here for the wolves so keep it moving. Good luck in Utah.

I was here when this forum was only a couple of guys and a team with +60 L with a Ricky Rubio injured for the season. You don't know ****.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
walk with me wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

I was here when this forum was only a couple of guys and a team with +60 L with a Ricky Rubio injured for the season. You don't know ****.

Give it up man... you are a RUBIO fan.. not a wolve fan. Stop derailing this thread, I didn't say anything about rubio in the opening message... go back to the Utah forum, for the sake of all the other wolves fans.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#32 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 pm

walk with me wrote:You care nothing about the wolves.

Moderation is not going to do anything about this ?
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:00 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
walk with me wrote:You care nothing about the wolves.

Moderation is not going to do anything about this ?

Do what? You haven't posted in this sub forum since June 30th (the day rubio got traded)

I made a Teague thread since one didn't exist yet like I've made several other threads on things wolve related and you came in here institgating. Stop whining and go back to cheering for the Utah jazz and Fc porto
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#34 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm

walk with me wrote:Do what? You haven't posted in this sub forum since June 30th (the day rubio got traded)

First of all, You're a **** liar.

If i'm not posting as much as i usted to do is because is off-season, nothing is going on and second i'm on vacation... Of course i'm not going to be around as much.

**** idiot, so many Rubio trades ideas i gave in this forum to improve the Wolves BY TRADING RUBIO and this piece of **** is going to say i don't support the Wolves.
slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#35 » by slinky » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:26 pm

At risk of entering the danger zone...:-) Anyone have a good feel for what the strengths/limitations of Teague's defense is? I will say in the limited games I have watched him(against Wolves/Hawks playoffs) he hasn't been great. But he didn't seem like a complete wet paper towel either.

For me improving the defense was the biggest must for the off-season, just curious what Teague does to help or hurt that.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#36 » by Varejao17 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Stop it already, friends... :)
props to C.lupus
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:42 pm

slinky wrote:At risk of entering the danger zone...:-) Anyone have a good feel for what the strengths/limitations of Teague's defense is? I will say in the limited games I have watched him(against Wolves/Hawks playoffs) he hasn't been great. But he didn't seem like a complete wet paper towel either.

For me improving the defense was the biggest must for the off-season, just curious what Teague does to help or hurt that.

Teague is solid on defense....you know nobody in the nba really gets credit for their defense with a few exceptions. Ultimately it's a team concept at this level since the game is so isolation based.

He's obviously not going to stop westbrook, Steph, Kyrie or cp3 in their tracks but he'll do enough to be respected defensively and make those guys mentioned work on the other end also to free up room for our main scorers. The addition of taj and butler will help everyone defensively.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#38 » by Note30 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
walk with me wrote:Do what? You haven't posted in this sub forum since June 30th (the day rubio got traded)

First of all, You're a **** liar.

If i'm not posting as much as i usted to do is because is off-season, nothing is going on and second i'm on vacation... Of course i'm not going to be around as much.

**** idiot, so many Rubio trades ideas i gave in this forum to improve the Wolves BY TRADING RUBIO and this piece of **** is going to say i don't support the Wolves.

Just put him on the ignore list. He's a troll.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rashoismydad
Junior
And1: 78

Post#39 » by Rashoismydad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Rubio needs to have the ball in his hands in order to have value and thats what kills him. As you get better players around him his value shrinks, you take the ball out of superior players hands to accommodate his needs. Hes like floaties, great for a kid who might drown, a hindrance to Michael Phelps.

I think he will do well in Utah for this very reason. That team lacks offensive creators or #1 (or even #2) type option players on offense. He can certainly make it easier for role players who might otherwise struggle in getting good shots on their own and be the CPU of their offense. But you get diminishing returns as you improve those pieces around him and take the ball out of their hands in favor of Rubio.

Thats basically what happened here, its better to have the ball in the hands of Towns/Butler/Wiggins and get a guy who can supplement that. I love Rubio but have been over the concept of him leading us anywhere for a couple years now due to his being who he is offensively. Teague will be an actual threat on offense and his catch and shoot ability from 3 compared to Rubio is night and day. This is going to be of much higher value to our team how it is constructed.
Shadilay
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 pm

Note30 wrote:
Just put him on the ignore list. He's a troll.

I'm a troll cause I think Rubio isn't good lol.. stop reaching

Likability doesn't equate into how I evaluate players like it does for some of you guys. If people didn't "like" rubio for being some lovable huggable mascot for the wolves you'd see that at best he's average and a horrible fit for any team that doesn't have 4 all stars surrounding him.

Edit: both of you guys could have just said what you thought about Teague. He'll be great or he'll suck. Rubio is gone forever. No point in comparing

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves