ImageImageImage

Remaining moves for this off season?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Re: Remaining moves for this off season? 

Post#141 » by southern wolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:46 am

Yeesh a lot of the guys on that list are there for a reason. Dunleavy is probably the only one I'd be interested in for the Wolves, but he's pretty old and we've got Crawford already.

Green or Rush would be better than most of the names on that list.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#142 » by southern wolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:54 am

Calinks wrote:Man, what happened to David Lee? People used to argue he was better than Love.

I was thinking the same thing about Roy Hibbert. 7'2" and he used to be a great shot blocker for the Pacers.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#143 » by minimus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 am

southern wolf wrote:
Calinks wrote:Man, what happened to David Lee? People used to argue he was better than Love.

I was thinking the same thing about Roy Hibbert. 7'2" and he used to be a great shot blocker for the Pacers.

David Lee played quality minutes last year with SAS. He still can shoot from mid range, pass and rebound.

Hibbert was slow when he played for Pacers, I doubt he can play in today up-tempo basketball. Also he has some self confidence issues.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#144 » by shrink » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Those people were Knicks fans, when he was on the Knicks.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#145 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#146 » by ace625214 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:26 pm

David Lee is 34 and has had a ton of injuries. Players age. As for Hibbert, I'm not sure. He's only 30, but his lack of footspeed seems to not fit well in a changing NBA and confidence issues seem to be keeping him from doing well at what he's actually good at.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#147 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Memphis is said to be considering moving Wade Baldwin IV. Any interest? I remember him looking decent against us last year.
"The last domino falls here!"
jmoy
Senior
And1: 180

Post#148 » by jmoy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm

I know he is white so people don't remember but David Lee used to rely a lot on his athleticism as I recall. He did win the McDonalds HS dunk contest in like 2004(?). He had injuries and age and didn't develop a good enough outside shot to compensate for poor defense.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:40 pm

jmoy wrote:I know he is white so people don't remember but David Lee used to rely a lot on his athleticism as I recall. He did win the McDonalds HS dunk contest in like 2004(?). He had injuries and age and didn't develop a good enough outside shot to compensate for poor defense.

Against James White, no less....

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#150 » by MN7725 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:Memphis is said to be considering moving Wade Baldwin IV. Any interest? I remember him looking decent against us last year.

All the physical tools you could want in a guard, could be the long-term "lottery ticket" guard Wolves lost with Dunn

I'm sure Thibs would rather have Brooks as the 6th guard on roster though
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:00 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:Memphis is said to be considering moving Wade Baldwin IV. Any interest? I remember him looking decent against us last year.

Isn't he KAT's cousin or something?

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Post#152 » by Worm Guts » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:37 pm

The fact that Memphis is looking to dump him on his rookie contract is a giant red flag
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,232

Post#153 » by Calinks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:50 pm

I want to find a way to steal Okafor.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
LibertyPrime
Starter

Post#154 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Calinks wrote:I want to find a way to steal Okafor.

Just call him up from the G-league. :)

Oh, wait, you meant Jahlil Okafor..... me too, actually. I think he's in a bad situation and would produce more on a team with vet leadership. It couldn't be that hard to get a decent package for him, could it?
LibertyPrime
Starter

Post#155 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Worm Guts wrote:

The fact that Memphis is looking to dump him on his rookie contract is a giant red flag

Maybe. Does he have an attitude or something? I looked on the Memphis board for any signs of problems, but it's kinda dead over there.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#156 » by shrink » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:

Oh, wait, you meant Jahlil Okafor..... me too, actually. I think he's in a bad situation and would produce more on a team with vet leadership. It couldn't be that hard to get a decent package for him, could it?

His type of center (low post scorer, but can't switch or defend the rim), is the type that is becomong less and less useful in today's NBA.

I listened to anational podcast that discussed whether the Sixers would even pick up that final team option on his rookie scale. Sure it is fairly large since he was drafted so early, but c'mon.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,232

Post#157 » by Calinks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 pm

shrink wrote:
LibertyPrime wrote:

His type of center (low post scorer, but can't switch or defend the rim), is the type that is becomong less and less useful in today's NBA.

I listened to anational podcast that discussed whether the Sixers would even pick up that final team option on his rookie scale. Sure it is fairly large since he was drafted so early, but c'mon.

I know and it pains me as I love the post. That was my main argument against drafting him over Towns. Okafor's style was antiquated and I though Towns was going to be a run the floor, athletic defender/inside garbage guy, like a Dandre Jordan lol.

Still I would love to have Oakafor be featured off the bench and or mix in with the starters. I think he and Towns could be interesting on both ends, Okafor's size alone could change some shots and you would have to respect him on offense. He also would be back with Tyus.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#158 » by theGreatRC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:03 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Briante Weber was the G-League Russell Westbrook
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#159 » by theGreatRC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am

Wade Baldwin was cut. I know a lot of us were fans of him during the draft & he worked out for Thibs..played high school ball with KAT, but has attitude problems and his % on the offensive end are gross.

Based on his age/potential, maybe we can give him a look
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#160 » by shangrila » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 am

theGreatRC wrote:Wade Baldwin was cut. I know a lot of us were fans of him during the draft & he worked out for Thibs..played high school ball with KAT, but has attitude problems and his % on the offensive end are gross.

Based on his age/potential, maybe we can give him a look

I remember thinking Memphis got a steal with him. Guess not.

And I wouldn't bother. It's probably going to take him years and several teams to figure it out, if he ever does.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves