ImageImageImage

Who will be the breakout Timberwolf this year.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Re: Who will be the breakout Timberwolf this year. 

Post#41 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:00 am

Pass_the_rock wrote:What? There are over 10 players there who will never stiff the 146/5 contract:
D.Green, Batum, Gallo, E.Gordon, Dragic, Porter, Barnes, Iggy, Lopez, Holiday, Howard, Bradley, Bledsoe, Drummond, Aldridge, Middleton, Gasol and some other guys that are maybes.

Porter, Barnes, Drummond are all on max contracts.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#42 » by Pass_the_rock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 am

Klomp wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:What? There are over 10 players there who will never stiff the 146/5 contract:
D.Green, Batum, Gallo, E.Gordon, Dragic, Porter, Barnes, Iggy, Lopez, Holiday, Howard, Bradley, Bledsoe, Drummond, Aldridge, Middleton, Gasol and some other guys that are maybes.

They make less per year and won't average more than 29 mil per year on their future contracts. The guy flat out said that each player on that top 50 list makes or will make more than Wiggins which is false. Only about 30 of those guys will. I don't consider Wiggins contract crazy due to his age, but what that poster said is wrong.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#43 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 am

Pass_the_rock wrote:
Klomp wrote:

They make less per year and won't average more than 29 mil per year on their future contracts. The guy flat out said that each player on that top 50 list makes or will make more than Wiggins which is false. Only about 30 of those guys will. I don't consider Wiggins contract crazy due to his age, but what that poster said is wrong.

The key is they are all on max contracts. Max contracts change all the time. It's like Matt Stafford being the highest paid player in the NFL until the next QB signs. If I can believe what I read there are 70 players currently on max contracts. Wiggins is one of them well once his extension kicks in. So I presume right now all of the players listed make more than Wiggins.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer

Post#44 » by Pass_the_rock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:
Klomp wrote:Porter, Barnes, Drummond are all on max contracts.

The key is they are all on max contracts. Max contracts change all the time. It's like Matt Stafford being the highest paid player in the NFL until the next QB signs. If I can believe what I read there are 70 players currently on max contracts. Wiggins is one of them well once his extension kicks in. So I presume right now all of the players listed make more than Wiggins.

What? WTF? Not even all of those listed players are on max deals.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#45 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:46 am

Pass_the_rock wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:

I am pretty sure every one of those players is making more than Wiggins right now. Wiggins salary will go up next season not this season.
Here's the list.
D.Green, Batum, Gallo, E.Gordon, Dragic, Porter, Barnes, Iggy, Lopez, Holiday, Howard, Bradley, Bledsoe, Drummond, Aldridge, Middleton, Gasol
Which of them is making less than Wiggins right now?
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer

Post#46 » by Pass_the_rock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:01 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The key is they are all on max contracts. Max contracts change all the time. It's like Matt Stafford being the highest paid player in the NFL until the next QB signs. If I can believe what I read there are 70 players currently on max contracts. Wiggins is one of them well once his extension kicks in. So I presume right now all of the players listed make more than Wiggins.

I am pretty sure every one of those players is making more than Wiggins right now. Wiggins salary will go up next season not this season.
Here's the list.
D.Green, Batum, Gallo, E.Gordon, Dragic, Porter, Barnes, Iggy, Lopez, Holiday, Howard, Bradley, Bledsoe, Drummond, Aldridge, Middleton, Gasol

right now he's still finishing his rookie deal so of course he makes less this year. But extension is already signed. The players listed above won't able to get as much as Wiggins did. Some already just signed for less and some are too old to draw enough interest from teams and some are just not good enough or have any potential left.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#47 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:08 am

Pass_the_rock wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:

Here's the list.

right now he's still finishing his rookie deal so of course he makes less this year. But extension is already signed. The players listed above won't able to get as much as Wiggins did. Some already just signed for less and some are too old to draw enough interest from teams and some are just not good enough or have any potential left.

I clearly stated RIGHT NOW in every comment. I even mentioned in the first post once his extension kicks in he would be a Max player. You chose to dispute me for what reason I have no clue.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer

Post#48 » by Pass_the_rock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:15 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I am pretty sure every one of those players is making more than Wiggins right now. Wiggins salary will go up next season not this season.
Here's the list.

I clearly stated RIGHT NOW in every comment. You chose to dispute me for what reason I have no clue.

I was arguing the post of another poster, then replied to Klomp's reply. Then you jump in with your silly right now stuff. I don't care about right now, I wasn't arguing about right now. I don't care about you, you aren't that important. Excuse me, bye :wave:
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#49 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 am

Pass_the_rock wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:

I clearly stated RIGHT NOW in every comment. You chose to dispute me for what reason I have no clue.

I was arguing the post of another poster, then replied to Klomp's reply. Then you jump in with your silly right now stuff. I don't care about right now, I wasn't arguing about right now. I don't care about you, you aren't that important. Excuse me, bye :wave:

Whatever.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:12 am

minimus wrote:Tyus. I hope he will be our best bench player.

I think Tyus deserves another shoutout.

I haven't been his biggest supporter this offseason, and I came into training camp believing he may not get regular minutes. I'm still not confident in that fact. Not that Brooks is ahead of him, but that he could be an odd man out in a 8/9-man rotation.

However, here's something to consider. Over the last 18 months, Tyus Jones was one of the more highly-rumored players who were thought to be on the trade block. Thibs is a defensive coach, and that's where Jones struggles. He's on a cheap deal, so he would naturally be one of the easiest pieces to move. However, look at the PG depth chart from 12 months ago and look at it now. Gone are the two defensive PGs who struggled to shoot, replaced with two PGs who more resemble Jones' style of play. Now that could be the team looking to upgrade from Jones, but I interpret it as the team changing the type of skillset it wants from a PG. Now it's a skillset that Jones already has, and this could allow him to flourish.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#51 » by minimus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:25 am

Klomp wrote:

I haven't been his biggest supporter this offseason, and I came into training camp believing he may not get regular minutes. I'm still not confident in that fact. Not that Brooks is ahead of him, but that he could be an odd man out in a 8/9-man rotation.

However, here's something to consider. Over the last 18 months, Tyus Jones was one of the more highly-rumored players who were thought to be on the trade block. Thibs is a defensive coach, and that's where Jones struggles. He's on a cheap deal, so he would naturally be one of the easiest pieces to move. However, look at the PG depth chart from 12 months ago and look at it now. Gone are the two defensive PGs who struggled to shoot, replaced with two PGs who more resemble Jones' style of play. Now that could be the team looking to upgrade from Jones, but I interpret it as the team changing the type of skillset it wants from a PG. Now it's a skillset that Jones already has, and this could allow him to flourish.

I hope that it is not only about shooting and passing. I hope he brings solid decision making and clutch. He did it in NCAA, he can do it in NBA.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#52 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:25 am

Klomp wrote:

There was a time I didn't like Jones at all. However, he has won me over. I think he should get all the backup minutes at PG.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 am

minimus wrote:I hope that it is not only about shooting and passing. I hope he brings solid decision making and clutch. He did it in NCAA, he can do it in NBA.

Of course it's not only about that. But it's part of it.

Jeff Teague has a playing style that Tyus Jones can emulate. These next two years could be the beginning of the process of Jones eventually taking over the starting role one day.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#54 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:I hope that it is not only about shooting and passing. I hope he brings solid decision making and clutch. He did it in NCAA, he can do it in NBA.

Of course it's not only about that. But it's part of it.

Jeff Teague has a playing style that Tyus Jones can emulate. These next two years could be the beginning of the process of Jones eventually taking over the starting role one day.

Teague is much quicker and stronger than Tyus. I don't see Tyus ever being a take it to the rack type of player. I'm a fan of Tyus for his good shot and high basketball IQ.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves