ImageImageImage

Yahoo Fantasy Basketball - drafts sunday - need 1 team for big league

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Yahoo Fantasy Basketball - drafts sunday - need 1 team for big league 

Post#1 » by younggunsmn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 am

Hey all. I renewed all 3 fantasy basketball leagues from last year.
I did not autorenew like last year so you will have to actively renew your team.
Invites have been sent out to all managers that played last year to renew their teams. So check your email and follow directions to renew. If you have a problem renewing or didnt get an invite send me a PM and I will try to get you a link to renew from.

All leagues are set to draft on Sunday October 15th.

This is the 10th year for these leagues and every year they keep getting better (and I keep getting older lol)!
I'm really looking forward to another great season playing against so many great basketball minds!
The season starts early this year (OCT 17), so I have moved drafts up to Oct 15th, as the sunday before the first game has traditionally been our draft day. Drafts will be live drafts. If you can't make it you can stack your draft board/exclude players entirely and the autodraft will go off of that list.

Big Timberwolves League
Drafts Sunday Oct 15th 5PM CST (US).
Head 2 Head 9 cat. weekly lineups.

We have 12 teams signed up.
I will take up to 20 teams, so there are 8 openings.
Will play with however many teams we get, just has to be an even number of teams.
I will adjust the number of roster spots to fit number of teams joined, with intention of having 175-180 players.
Here is a link to sign up if you are interested (first come first serve):

Shout out to returning champs Buschums!

Keeper League
head to head 9 cat.
Drafts Sunday Oct 15th 7PM CST (US)
No openings as of today.
Shout out to returning champs Karlito's Way!

Roto League
Roto scoring, 9 cat. standard, weekly lineups
Drafts Sunday Oct 15th, 3 PM CST (US)

7 teams joined.
I will take up to 14 teams, would love to have at least ten but will draft with however many we get.
Here is a link to join, first come first serve:

If you haven't played roto before, it's a bit different than head to head.
Stats accumulate all season and you score points based on your ranking in all 9 categories.
Example: If there are ten teams and you are first in rebounds, you score 10 points for that category.
If you are last in assists you score 1 point for that category.
It can get pretty crazy when there are a lot of teams bunched up in a category, and there is different strategy involved than headtohead, as it is a lot more punishing to be terrible in any category.

Team Ricky Rises, yahoo had an error sending you an invite.
So please sign up via the link if you would like to play again and I will try to get you a link to sign up from.
Shoutout to 2017 champs Ricky Rises.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Re: Yahoo Fantasy Basketball - leagues renewed - invites sent out 

Post#2 » by Varejao17 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 am

I'm already in, Vasco da Gama is my team!
props to C.lupus
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#3 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 pm

I asked about returning leagues and got no response so I created a new one. Hopefully there will be no undesired crossover. I would eventually like to join up with one of your leagues as well as running the one I'm running.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by younggunsmn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:16 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I asked about returning leagues and got no response so I created a new one. Hopefully there will be no undesired crossover. I would eventually like to join up with one of your leagues as well as running the one I'm running.

Yeah, sorry about that. I don't check in here much between the draft and start of the season.
You are more than welcome to join up, in multiple leagues if you want.
Best of luck on your league, I'm sure our leagues will coexist just fine.

There are still 2 opening in the big league right now, and there may be more openings in the other 2 leagues if people decide not to renew.
I'm giving everyone 2 weeks before I ask for replacements, but you all should feel free to put your name down here if you are interested in a possible opening.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#5 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I asked about returning leagues and got no response so I created a new one. Hopefully there will be no undesired crossover. I would eventually like to join up with one of your leagues as well as running the one I'm running.

Yeah, sorry about that. I don't check in here much between the draft and start of the season.
You are more than welcome to join up, in multiple leagues if you want.
Best of luck on your league, I'm sure our leagues will coexist just fine.

There are still 2 opening in the big league right now, and there may be more openings in the other 2 leagues if people decide not to renew.
I'm giving everyone 2 weeks before I ask for replacements, but you all should feel free to put your name down here if you are interested in a possible opening.

I'd love to join one of your's this year, but probably not because I have used all eight of my Yahoo options. Don't think I want to mess with another account.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#6 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 pm

Delete Duplicate
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#7 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:37 pm

I've been playing fantasy sports for 34 years. My first few seasons we scored them by hand out of the newspaper. In Basketball I was using advanced analytics before all these fantasy services were. I realized that each steal, block and 3 point shot was worth as much as 10 points scored and people couldn't believe it. That was when 3s were far less common. Now each 3 is probably worth 6 or 7 points not counting the actual 3 points scored.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 872

Post#8 » by Dalvin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:49 am

Hello younggunsmn, would like to throw my hat back into the keepers league if one of them didn't renew. The league that I join locally folded this year. So I think I could go back seriously on your league. Let me know if a spot opens up! Thanks
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#9 » by Vindicater » Tue Oct 3, 2017 10:39 pm

Would love to play in a keepers league again. Been awhile.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Busch Legion
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#10 » by Busch Legion » Wed Oct 4, 2017 11:40 am

Glad the leagues are back, they are the most fun for sure!

Buschums renewed.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by younggunsmn » Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:48 pm

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that these are all leagues with weekly lineup changes, meaning you set your lineup sunday night and it is locked in for the entire week. So keep that in mind.
There are some hardcore players who prefer daily lineups, and the obvious downside is midweek injuries, but I think most people prefer the weekly lineups. It's much better for people with busy lives, and I can offer much more generous transaction limits without having to worry about people streaming (constantly adding/dropping the bottom of your roster for whomever happens to have a game that night).

Thursday Update:

Keeper League:
There is one team that has not renewed. Dalvin, if you are still interested I would offer you the spot first, if you decline I will offer it to Vindicater. I will send you a PM sunday with a link to join if the team has not renewed. Team looks to have pretty good keeper options.

Big League (head to head).
I have 11 teams registered and will take up to 20 teams. If you would like to join, use the link in the first post in the thread.
We only need an even number of teams to draft, so I will take anywhere from 12-20 teams. I will adjust roster positions so that there are 175 or so total roster spots in the league. We have had 20 teams some years and it gets pretty crazy looking for depth with that many teams.

Roto League (roto scoring 9 cat).
I only have 6 teams renewed so far. I will open it up to everyone on sunday. I will take up to 14 teams. Hoping to get at least 10.
Roto is alot of fun if you've never played. The strategy is a bit different, and it's more about the long haul.
One bad week isn't going to wreck your season, but not being competetive in a category or 2 will hurt alot more.

I think we may have lost a few managers with Ricky Rubio now traded to Utah. But it's great to see so many people back and hopefully we can add some more new faces.

On Sunday I will cancel all existing invitations and open up all remaining openings in the Big/roto leagues on a first come first serve basis, and post links in this thread.

Please send me a PM if you are having trouble renewing/have a question.
Dalvin
Rookie

Post#12 » by Dalvin » Fri Oct 6, 2017 12:10 am

younggunsmn wrote:One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that these are all leagues with weekly lineup changes, meaning you set your lineup sunday night and it is locked in for the entire week. So keep that in mind.
There are some hardcore players who prefer daily lineups, and the obvious downside is midweek injuries, but I think most people prefer the weekly lineups. It's much better for people with busy lives, and I can offer much more generous transaction limits without having to worry about people streaming (constantly adding/dropping the bottom of your roster for whomever happens to have a game that night).

Thursday Update:

Keeper League:
There is one team that has not renewed. Dalvin, if you are still interested I would offer you the spot first, if you decline I will offer it to Vindicater. I will send you a PM sunday with a link to join if the team has not renewed. Team looks to have pretty good keeper options.

Big League (head to head).
I have 11 teams registered and will take up to 20 teams. If you would like to join, use the link in the first post in the thread.
We only need an even number of teams to draft, so I will take anywhere from 12-20 teams. I will adjust roster positions so that there are 175 or so total roster spots in the league. We have had 20 teams some years and it gets pretty crazy looking for depth with that many teams.

Roto League (roto scoring 9 cat).
I only have 6 teams renewed so far. I will open it up to everyone on sunday. I will take up to 14 teams. Hoping to get at least 10.
Roto is alot of fun if you've never played. The strategy is a bit different, and it's more about the long haul.
One bad week isn't going to wreck your season, but not being competetive in a category or 2 will hurt alot more.

I think we may have lost a few managers with Ricky Rubio now traded to Utah. But it's great to see so many people back and hopefully we can add some more new faces.

On Sunday I will cancel all existing invitations and open up all remaining openings in the Big/roto leagues on a first come first serve basis, and post links in this thread.

Please send me a PM if you are having trouble renewing/have a question.

That would be great younggunsmn! Just keep me posted. Thanks!
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by younggunsmn » Sun Oct 8, 2017 11:42 pm

Dalvin,

I sent you a PM with an invite for the keeper league. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Please sign in within 2 -3 days so I can get started on setting up the draft and whatnot.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by younggunsmn » Sun Oct 8, 2017 11:59 pm

Update 10/8. It is now one week until draft day.
If you can't make the draft I advise editing your pre-draft player ranks, which can be done from your team page.

Keeper League has been filled.
I am opening the other 2 leagues up to the public.

Big League has 12 teams joined, will take up to 8 more.

Roto League has 7 teams joined, will take up to 7 more.

Links to join are in the first post in this thread, which has been updated.
Join however many leagues you would like.
Vindicator, I offered Dalvin the keeper league spot, but if you are interested would love to have you in one/both of the other 2 leagues.
Dalvin
Rookie

Post#15 » by Dalvin » Mon Oct 9, 2017 12:35 am

younggunsmn wrote:Dalvin,

I sent you a PM with an invite for the keeper league. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Please sign in within 2 -3 days so I can get started on setting up the draft and whatnot.

I just registered younggunsmn and I already set my keepers, will look forward to draft next week! :D
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by younggunsmn » Mon Oct 9, 2017 12:40 am

Dalvin wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:Dalvin,

I just registered younggunsmn and I already set my keepers, will look forward to draft next week! :D

Awesome! see you then!
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect
And1: 884

Post#17 » by StaticRoar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 pm

If any of you guys are interested in joining an additional league, I'm running the RealGM Fantasy Experience, a fantasy basketball league open only to affiliates of RealGM. We have fans from all over the NBA, but we could definitely use one or two Timberwolves fans. This is the fourth straight year I've run this league, and we chat on the Yahoo league messenger almost every day. Trades are frequent and the waiver wire is rampant. Plenty of people came back for Year 4, but we still need a few more members to reach 16. If you want to join, I really urge that you're someone who's not only going to be active in the league, but in the chat as well. Here are the league details:

Platform: Yahoo
Number of Teams: 16 (Top 8 make playoffs)
Format: Head-to-Head One Win
Categories: Standard 9 Category
Draft Type: Standard Live
Time of Draft: Sunday, October 15 7:00 PM Central Time (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CAN ATTEND!)

If you are interested in joining, message me with why you think you'd be a good fit for the league!
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Re: Yahoo Fantasy Basketball - drafts sunday - need 1 team for big league 

Post#18 » by younggunsmn » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:07 pm

I need one more team to join the big timberwolves league to make an even number of teams to draft with.
It would be awesome if I could get one more team to join.

I still have spots left in the roto league.

So please use the links in the first posts of the thread if you would like to play!

Drafts are all set for tomorrow. Times in the first post in the thread.
Going to be a great season. Best of luck to all.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by younggunsmn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:52 pm

I still need one team for big timberwolves league. Live draft at 5 cst
I have a backup plan but would prefer someone signs up and takes the spot.

Edit: filled
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#20 » by breatnach » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 am

Good luck everyone! For some reason I feel like I drafted better than in my 10 player league...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves