ImageImageImage

Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#61 » by urinesane » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:16 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Zach is an important of my fantasy team in money league. Hope he is playing soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app

Is it a dynasty league? You didn't actually draft him this year, did you?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#62 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:04 pm

urinesane wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Zach is an important of my fantasy team in money league. Hope he is playing soon.

Is it a dynasty league? You didn't actually draft him this year, did you?

No I didn't draft him. I bid for him and got him for $5. We have an IL spot. Zach is going to be the Man for Chicago as soon as he is healthy. This league goes 208 players deep. You think I would rather have Denzel Washington over Zach? I placed Zach on the IL and picked up Denzel FA as soon as the auction was over. This is a money league by the way. $150 entry fee. I took Isaiah Thomas in my other money league and paid $13 for him.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#63 » by GimmeDat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 am

KGdaBom wrote:Zach is an important part of my fantasy team in money league. Hope he is playing soon.

Just so you know, they're talking up an early return - late November/early December. He's cleared for unpredictable movements, just not contact yet.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#64 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 am

I was looking through the old LaVine thread, which started right after we drafted him. Yup, Mattya nailed it!

Mattya wrote:All I know, when this board gets really negative about something, usually those are the moves that turn out well.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#65 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 am

GimmeDat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Zach is an important part of my fantasy team in money league. Hope he is playing soon.

Just so you know, they're talking up an early return - late November/early December. He's cleared for unpredictable movements, just not contact yet.

Yep my best guess right now is that Zach will play early December.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#66 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 am

Klomp wrote:I was looking through the old LaVine thread, which started right after we drafted him. Yup, Mattya nailed it!

Mattya wrote:All I know, when this board gets really negative about something, usually those are the moves that turn out well.

I always liked the pick. The alternative was Gary Harris who is doing very well also.

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#67 » by urinesane » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:29 pm

I wouldn't expect anything out of Zach this year tbh. New team, new city, coming off a major injury. It'll take him a while to get back to normal, even once he's healthy enough to play.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#68 » by Basti » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:25 pm

I guess coming back from a serious injury like that might actually be blessing in disguise for a player who had really been reliant on athleticism. Now he needs some fine tuning on the skills he had already possessed but probably didn't really need to get buy.

Just hoping the knee will cope with all the stress it'll have to face throughout Zach's career.

But yeah, he probably won't have a great year. Hopefully after the All Star Weekend he'll be back to normal.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#69 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Basti wrote:I guess coming back from a serious injury like that might actually be blessing in disguise for a player who had really been reliant on athleticism. Now he needs some fine tuning on the skills he had already possessed but probably didn't really need to get buy.

Just hoping the knee will cope with all the stress it'll have to face throughout Zach's career.

But yeah, he probably won't have a great year. Hopefully after the All Star Weekend he'll be back to normal.

IMO he is by far the best player on the Bulls right now. He is actually fine in most all respects right now. The concern is regarding him taking contact. Once he gets in a couple weeks of contact in November he should be ready to play and be the dominant player for this bad Bulls team. I'm expecting 20+ PPG for him with lots of 3s. So what if I have to leave him in my injured slot until he comes back.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 am

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#71 » by southern wolf » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah I think Lavine will still have a great season. He had some incredible shooting performances for us last season, so I don't think a slight loss of athleticism is going to effect his scoring too much. The only thing is he's the best player by far on the Bulls, which means he's going to get the best defender every night coming to him instead of the third best.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#72 » by KGdaBom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 pm

southern wolf wrote:Yeah I think Lavine will still have a great season. He had some incredible shooting performances for us last season, so I don't think a slight loss of athleticism is going to effect his scoring too much. The only thing is he's the best player by far on the Bulls, which means he's going to get the best defender every night coming to him instead of the third best.

Good point about how they will defend. As far as athleticism they say he is already jumping higher than he did when he came into the league. As far as being defended better that could be true, but I have always contended that you really can't guard Zach. He can get his shot whenever he wants it. It just comes down to whether he is making them or not.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#73 » by Neeva » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 pm

That means Patton will be better than expected
Klomp wrote:I was looking through the old LaVine thread, which started right after we drafted him. Yup, Mattya nailed it!

PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#74 » by PharmD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:13 am

Took Rubio 1 game to win over Jazz fans.

First 10-assist game for a Jazz player in 2 SEASONS!! (how is that possible?!?)
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#75 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 am

PharmD wrote:Took Rubio 1 game to win over Jazz fans.

Good for him

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#76 » by Sugarless » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:42 am

Amazing effort and D by Ricky last night. You can always count on that.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#77 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Congrats to Ricky for reaching 3,000 assists, third fastest among active players.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 pm

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#79 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Yeah, I know.
I'm a butthurt GoldenBoy fan, at the moment.
And proud of it.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#80 » by Basti » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:39 pm

PharmD wrote:Took Rubio 1 game to win over Jazz fans.

I haven't watched many Jazz games in recent years unfortunately but whenever I could it seemed that everything I heard and read about the offense run by the Jazz was true. Their offense relied heavily on ball movement with several players initiating the offense. Not sure, though, if Snyder made that decision because they didn't have a great playmaking point guard on the roster or because their roster had many players with above average playmaking abilities.

And it certainly didn't help that the Jazz had the slowest pace of all teams last year.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves