ImageImageImage

Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

minimus
General Manager
Posts: 7,545
And1: 1,851
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1141 » by minimus » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:12 pm

Read on Twitter


Next stop CBA? Too bad Bell has not improved his basketball awareness.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 169
And1: 69
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1142 » by winforlose » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:22 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter


Next stop CBA? Too bad Bell has not improved his basketball awareness.


Let this be a cautionary tale for young athletes. Always tuck in your shirt.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,071
And1: 8,964
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1143 » by Calinks » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:33 pm

Might do better starting than Reid...
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,056
And1: 11,532
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1144 » by Klomp » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:37 pm

Calinks wrote:Might do better starting than Reid...

That's great and all, but Reid isn't the starting center for the franchise. We need to stop getting caught up in the day-to-day minutae.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,455
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1145 » by Jedzz » Tue Mar 3, 2020 1:27 am

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Might do better starting than Reid...

That's great and all, but Reid isn't the starting center for the franchise. We need to stop getting caught up in the day-to-day minutae.


Reid has been pretty rough these games starting. Someone broke his shot and I'm not happy about it. But everything, his defensive motor vanished that he was showing before too. Did he hit the wall?
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,455
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1146 » by Jedzz » Tue Mar 3, 2020 1:28 am

How did the Grizz get Bell anyway? I never realized that one from supa trade day.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,056
And1: 11,532
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1147 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 3, 2020 3:11 am

Jedzz wrote:How did the Grizz get Bell anyway? I never realized that one from supa trade day.

Deadline deal, I think for Caboclo
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,071
And1: 8,964
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1148 » by Calinks » Tue Mar 3, 2020 6:13 am

Man, Tolliver getting tossed around like crazy.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 7,545
And1: 1,851
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1149 » by minimus » Tue Mar 3, 2020 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter


Injuries is big part of why Dunn has not lived up his huge potential yet
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,455
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1150 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 5, 2020 4:41 am

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter


Injuries is big part of why Dunn has not lived up his huge potential yet


Shooting is a major reason why Dunn has not lived up to potential. Yes, he does seem to get injured a lot. Probably comes from trying so darn hard to stay in the league in other ways since he can't shoot.
KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,670
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1151 » by KGdaBom » Sun Mar 8, 2020 9:06 am

Just a few recent headlines about RoCo. There were a lot of Wolves fans who simply didn't get how good he is.

Covington is averaging 10.2 rebounds per game over his last five games.

New Player Note Sat, Mar 7

Robert Covington scored 25 points (9-of-16 FGs) with six rebounds, one steal, two blocks and a career-high-matching seven 3-pointers in 38 minutes against the Hornets on Saturday.

Advice: Covington was arguable the best Rocket on Saturday. The team went down 20-0 in the first quarter and didn't score until RoCo knocked down his first triple about seven minutes into the game. He ended up scoring nine of the team's first 13 points in the contest. His move to Houston was the best thing that could've happened to his fantasy value this season, seeing as he's posting top-10 value over the last two weeks of action.

(Rotoworld.com)
Player Note Mon, Mar 2

Robert Covington had another terrific showing vs. the Knicks on Monday, shooting 7-of-14 for 20 points with 13 rebounds, two assists, one block and six triples in 34 minutes.

Advice: He's been absolutely ridiculous since joining Houston, ranking 13th in 9-cat with 13.3 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.0 steals, 3.1 triples and 2.6 blocks. The shot blocking has been the real story, as Covington is the tallest Rocket in the starting lineup at 6-8 but has been doing an incredible job protecting the rim -- his recent streak of three or more blocked shots in six consecutive games is tied for the longest such streak by any Rockets player since Hakeem Olajuwon in 1995. And even if the blocks do come down a bit, keep in mind that his steal rate in Houston still has plenty of room for growth based on his track record.

More: Alykhan Bijani on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)
Player Note Sat, Feb 29

Robert Covington pulled down a career-high 16 boards against the Celtics on Saturday, adding 16 points, one steal, three blocks and four 3-pointers in 39 minutes.

Advice: He made huge plays down the stretch with a 3-pointer and block on back-to-back possessions. The blocked shots have been a major trend for RoCo, averaging 2.6 per game over his previous eight with 12.3 points, 6.9 boards, 1.5 dimes, 1.1 steals and 2.8 treys on a 39/33/89 shooting line. His value has been outstanding on his new team and there's no reason to think he'll cool off.

(Rotoworld.com)
User avatar
Dalvin
Senior
Posts: 667
And1: 364
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
 

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1152 » by Dalvin » Sun Mar 8, 2020 1:08 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Just a few recent headlines about RoCo. There were a lot of Wolves fans who simply didn't get how good he is.

Covington is averaging 10.2 rebounds per game over his last five games.

New Player Note Sat, Mar 7

Robert Covington scored 25 points (9-of-16 FGs) with six rebounds, one steal, two blocks and a career-high-matching seven 3-pointers in 38 minutes against the Hornets on Saturday.

Advice: Covington was arguable the best Rocket on Saturday. The team went down 20-0 in the first quarter and didn't score until RoCo knocked down his first triple about seven minutes into the game. He ended up scoring nine of the team's first 13 points in the contest. His move to Houston was the best thing that could've happened to his fantasy value this season, seeing as he's posting top-10 value over the last two weeks of action.

(Rotoworld.com)
Player Note Mon, Mar 2

Robert Covington had another terrific showing vs. the Knicks on Monday, shooting 7-of-14 for 20 points with 13 rebounds, two assists, one block and six triples in 34 minutes.

Advice: He's been absolutely ridiculous since joining Houston, ranking 13th in 9-cat with 13.3 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.0 steals, 3.1 triples and 2.6 blocks. The shot blocking has been the real story, as Covington is the tallest Rocket in the starting lineup at 6-8 but has been doing an incredible job protecting the rim -- his recent streak of three or more blocked shots in six consecutive games is tied for the longest such streak by any Rockets player since Hakeem Olajuwon in 1995. And even if the blocks do come down a bit, keep in mind that his steal rate in Houston still has plenty of room for growth based on his track record.

More: Alykhan Bijani on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)
Player Note Sat, Feb 29

Robert Covington pulled down a career-high 16 boards against the Celtics on Saturday, adding 16 points, one steal, three blocks and four 3-pointers in 39 minutes.

Advice: He made huge plays down the stretch with a 3-pointer and block on back-to-back possessions. The blocked shots have been a major trend for RoCo, averaging 2.6 per game over his previous eight with 12.3 points, 6.9 boards, 1.5 dimes, 1.1 steals and 2.8 treys on a 39/33/89 shooting line. His value has been outstanding on his new team and there's no reason to think he'll cool off.

(Rotoworld.com)


Thank you RoCo for making my fantasy team competitive even if my frontcourt was hit by a ton of injuries :lol:
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
User avatar
LibertyPrime
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,874
And1: 1,487
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1153 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:23 am

If you're bored, they're re-playing D-Rose's 50 point game from last year on YouTube live right now on the NBA's YT channel.

"The last domino falls here!"
User avatar
LibertyPrime
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,874
And1: 1,487
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1154 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:00 am

Bazz keeping himself in good shape, dominating in China as you would expect.

"The last domino falls here!"
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 7,545
And1: 1,851
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1155 » by minimus » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Read on Twitter


I wanted Rosas to sign him in offseason. Still think he was a good choice, but needed some luck in NBA. Also it looks like DET has found some good scouts/GM. First Wood, now Patton. Drummond trade.
User avatar
WolfAddict
Sophomore
Posts: 234
And1: 255
Joined: Sep 18, 2019
Location: Canberra, Australia
     

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1156 » by WolfAddict » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 pm

I loved Patton - Watched him all through college ball - Was hoping he'd kick on for us, more to cover my hurt at losing Lavine - I've heard he can get a little lazy with eating habits though.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,455
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1157 » by Jedzz » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:05 am

Oh No. Patton waking up. He's showing rebounding effort now too. Still has the passing and now looks like even a floater and layups to go with the 3s, slams and putbacks and blocks. I suppose we didn't need a Forward or Center depth. He was a Thibs choice afterall.

45 points/13 rebs/9 ast/6 blk Jan 14, 2020

KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,670
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1158 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:10 pm

Jedzz wrote:Oh No. Patton waking up. He's showing rebounding effort now too. Still has the passing and now looks like even a floater and layups to go with the 3s, slams and putbacks and blocks. I suppose we didn't need a Forward or Center depth. He was a Thibs choice afterall.

45 points/13 rebs/9 ast/6 blk Jan 14, 2020


Wow.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1159 » by Mattya » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:25 pm

Patton was always talented. He just couldn't get a chance because of injuries.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,455
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1160 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 6, 2020 11:30 pm

Mattya wrote:Patton was always talented. He just couldn't get a chance because of injuries.


That's not a good enough excuse. He was drafted in 2017 draft. That's only three years ago. This team drafted him, should have held onto him and gave him the time to heal and then minutes to attempt to prove if that pick has value at some point or not.

Meanwhile this team waited for example for 6 years to get off Wiggins even Maxing him and giving him almost 16,000 minutes starting here before moving him. Where are the talent evaluators of the team to recognize when something is worth waiting for and when something should be moved on from sooner. Hopefully for Patton's sake he gets some real minutes in a shot to earn a career yet.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves