ImageImageImage

Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#261 » by Takingbaconback » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 am

Wesley Johnson appears to have gotten better in his 25th year in the NBA. F that smiling smirking bust
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#262 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Quentin wrote:
PharmD wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:and how are you supposed to do that with a point guard whos guaranteed to shoot 40% or crappier? Those missed shots may as well be turnovers.

This post is causing my Asperger's to flare up about 8 different ways. (missed shots may as well be turnovers (lol wat), the wolves just had the #10 offense last year that prominently featured Rubio)

This is the stuff that really is wrong. How about looking up their offense during crunch time? Rubio may be the worst player in the league in the last 5 minutes of games. Why you ask? 4 on 5.

"Really wrong" = indisputable fact?
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,827

Post#263 » by Zeitgeister » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 pm

The Wolves had a top 10 offense when Rubio was "stuck in the corner" too.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#264 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:The Wolves had a top 10 offense when Rubio was "stuck in the corner" too.

But it was 3 points per 100 worse!

(I like that we're reaching rote repetition of previous posts now)
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,827

Post#265 » by Zeitgeister » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 pm

I don't think you judge these things like that, you certainly don't do that across different seasons, that's probably the case in different points in the season too. Points per 100 possessions do not occur in a vacuum they are relative to the dynamic changes of the league.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#266 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:I don't think you judge these things like that, you certainly don't do that across different seasons, that's probably the case in different points in the season too. Points per 100 possessions do not occur in a vacuum they are relative to the dynamic changes of the league.

Yeah, that's true imo.

Still, 3 points per 100 is a pretty big difference.
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,202

Post#267 » by Quentin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Quentin wrote:
PharmD wrote:This post is causing my Asperger's to flare up about 8 different ways. (missed shots may as well be turnovers (lol wat), the wolves just had the #10 offense last year that prominently featured Rubio)

This is the stuff that really is wrong. How about looking up their offense during crunch time? Rubio may be the worst player in the league in the last 5 minutes of games. Why you ask? 4 on 5.

We had Andrew Wiggins isolate most of last season during crunch-time, that is not really a fair assessment.

and the excuses keep coming. It's never because of Rubio! :lol:
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,678

Post#268 » by Domejandro » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Quentin wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Quentin wrote:

We had Andrew Wiggins isolate most of last season during crunch-time, that is not really a fair assessment.

....Literally during the time there were numerous posts criticizing the over-emphasis in forcing Andrew Wiggins to create down the stretch; I am frankly kind of amazed that is being disregarded/forgotten.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#269 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Quentin wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Quentin wrote:

Well, you haven't provided any evidence at all that anything is Rubio's fault.

Heck, we're much worse in 4th quarters this year than last (-15.1 this year vs -6.1 last year).

And the year before under Sammich we were a positive team in the 4th quarter +0.3
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#270 » by Quentin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:51 pm

PharmD wrote:
Quentin wrote:
Domejandro wrote:We had Andrew Wiggins isolate most of last season during crunch-time, that is not really a fair assessment.

Heck, we're much worse in 4th quarters this year than last (-15.1 this year vs -6.1 last year).

And the year before under Sammich we were a positive team in the 4th quarter +0.3

Sure I did. Look at crunch time stats for Rubio last year. That's last 5 minutes when 4 on 5 was killing our potential wins. Loved watching Teague not even bother to guard Rubio in the last 5 minutes when we played the Jazz last time. It's true, not sure why any can't see this in the stats or with the good old eyeball. The love for Rubio is just beyond on this site. We're 12-8 without Rubio fellas!
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#271 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Quentin wrote:
PharmD wrote:
Quentin wrote:

Sure I did. Look at crunch time stats for Rubio last year. That's last 5 minutes when 4 on 5 was killing our potential wins. Loved watching Teague not even bother to guard Rubio in the last 5 minutes when we played the Jazz last time. It's true, not sure why any can't see this in the stats or with the good old eyeball. The love for Rubio is just beyond on this site. We're 12-8 without Rubio fellas!

Link? You most certainly did not provide any evidence (you repeatedly asserting the same thing doesn't count).

You have some kind of measure that shows "Rubio was the problem" even tho we were better with him by every measure i've ever seen?
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#272 » by Quentin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:14 pm

PharmD wrote:
Quentin wrote:
PharmD wrote:Well, you haven't provided any evidence at all that anything is Rubio's fault.

Link? You most certainly did not provide any evidence (you repeatedly asserting the same thing doesn't count).

You have some kind of measure that shows "Rubio was the problem" even tho we were better with him by every measure i've ever seen?

The fact that I have to hold your hand to show you a stat shows you have no idea how to read stats. Here, try this on from last season.

http://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-advanced/?sort=GP&dir=-1&CF=PLAYER_NAME*E*ricky%20rubio&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

-22.9 net rating in crunch. More importantly 12-25 record. How's he doing this year? How's Teague doing? Do you admit that teams sag off Rubio and dare him to shoot? If they're sagging, they are obviously killing spacing for his teammates. Apologist is what you are.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#273 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm

And we're -21.2 in the clutch this year with no Rubio so maybe he wasn't the problem?

I would have blamed Ricky too because the Wolves struggles in crunch time had been going on for years and he was the only guy that had been around for years playing in crunch time but it looks like that wasn't the case.

And of course Ricky's shooting is really bad and that's a problem.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,577

Post#274 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Quentin wrote:The fact that I have to hold your hand to show you a stat shows you have no idea how to read stats.

This crap is not necessary.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#275 » by Quentin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Klomp wrote:
Quentin wrote:The fact that I have to hold your hand to show you a stat shows you have no idea how to read stats.

Yes, it is. Read what he asked and what I replied with. It's 100% fact.
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#276 » by Quentin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 pm

PharmD wrote:And we're -21.2 in the clutch this year with no Rubio so maybe he wasn't the problem?

I would have blamed Ricky too because the Wolves struggles in crunch time had been going on for years and he was the only guy that had been around for years playing in crunch time but it looks like that wasn't the case.

But what's our record? I'll help, 6-3. Last season 15-30. Remember we have had big leads this year and coasted to victory. You need to be able to blend stats with watching the games. Lots of people don't do that.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#277 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Quentin wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Yes, it is. Read what he asked and what I replied with. It's 100% fact.

A) You seem to not know what "facts" are.

B) "The fact that I have to hold your hand to show you a stat shows you have no idea how to read stats." doesn't even follow logically. It's just an attempt by you to be rude but i'm not terribly offended by internet lashing out so no big deal.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#278 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Quentin wrote:
PharmD wrote:And we're -21.2 in the clutch this year with no Rubio so maybe he wasn't the problem?

But what's our record? I'll help, 6-3. Last season 15-30. Remember we have had big leads this year and coasted to victory. You need to be able to blend stats with watching the games. Lots of people don't do that.

I feel like that would be a better explanation for our worst-in-the-league 4th quarter stats but it shouldn't really apply to clutch stats.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#279 » by big3_8_19_21 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:55 am

Oh ****. Dunn last night:
24 points (10-16 FG, 4-5 3FG)
8 assists
4 rebounds
4 steals
1 block
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#280 » by K4P » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:Oh ****. Dunn last night:
24 points (10-16 FG, 4-5 3FG)
8 assists
4 rebounds
4 steals
1 block

What if the Timberwolves never traded the future superstar Kris Dunn?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves