ImageImageImage

Pacers fan here looking for thoughts on Jeff Teague...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: Pacers fan here looking for thoughts on Jeff Teague... 

Post#41 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:19 am

Klomp wrote:I think there's a very real possibility Jeff Teague is the first player moved from the current roster. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a move at the deadline.

Him or Dieng

teague isnt exactly what Thibs envisioned.

I think Thibs was expecting a guy that will run pnr with kat and a guy that will knock down shots off of a KAT, Butler, or Wiggs pass.

Firstly, he cant run a basic pnr. He and KAT have no chemistry and it isnt much better with Taj or dieng.
Secondly, while he does have a good percentage from deep, he doesnt take them nearly enough. He gets so many opportunities to let it fly, but he wont take them.

If Beverley wasnt hurt, hed be the ideal pg for us.

Like I said. Not a bad player, just a bad fit.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#42 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:19 am

Quentin wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Quentin wrote:Again, no facts by you guys that prove he's a winner. This is like cupcake land here. You guys should start a Rubio forum.

Nobody is a winner in this last 13 years with this franchise. NOBODY.

Rubio is playing most of his minutes with the second unit in Utah. He is a loser in the clutch there too (2-4 in very limited minutes). Quin is pulling him out of the end of games. You keep making excuses though.

What excuses ? Again, you are the one coming up with things like "we are 7-4 in clutch time"... what's that supposed to mean ?

Everybody in Utah plays with the 2nd unit/1st unit. Snyder uses mixed rotations all the time. There isn't hockey lineups over there for a reason, they have a deep, deep roster.

Really, What is your point after all to bash Rubio here, in the Jazz board and every place you have a chance... That is pure hate. If i'm a fanboy what you are then ?
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#43 » by PharmD » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:27 am

Anyone see Lindsay Whalen breaking down Teague's inexplicably bad D?
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#44 » by PharmD » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:36 am

HurricaneDij25 wrote:
walk with me wrote:
HurricaneDij25 wrote:He led us in win shares last season and I'm sure most are well-aware that Paul George was a major malcontent for us last season that Teague ultimately fell victim of. After George asked out, there was simply no way we could justify cutting a new check to a 29-year-old point guard playing such a deep NBA position.

He's from Indiana, so obviously he was a fan favorite here and I can't help but root for the guy after the soap opera we put him though last season here. However, the general opinion other message board I'm on is that he's a major minus on the defensive end of the floor. My ultimate question is...

What are Wolves fans' thoughts on Teague's performance to this point?

Keep in mind when reading these posts that Teague replaced the franchises second most favorite player ever

Rubio is???

I still think Teague is quite underrated moving to a new team (one with the longest playoff drought in that), a new conference, and having to manage all sorts of egos on this roster, as well as shoot 40 percent from three.

He's done an admirable job and I don't know what more he has to do to earn the respect of the fans and the media...Play better D I suppose...

Yeah, the Rubio love almost certainly leads to me being much more critical of Teague and that's unavoidable. But the other thing is we're just used to watching a point guard that moved the ball, played really hard, and made millions of tiny little smart plays and hustle plays. Teague is actively bad in all those areas.

In the home opener, Rubio came in and tried to absolutely will the Jazz to beat us down the stretch with rebounds and steals and flops and basically everything he could do. The next game we traveled to Indiana. Teague scored 2 points, barely moved his feet and the wolves got blown out.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#45 » by shrink » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:37 am

Klomp wrote:I think there's a very real possibility Jeff Teague is the first player moved from the current roster. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a move at the deadline.

I agree. With the way Thibs minimizes the bench, the only way to make a splash would be to trade a starter, and the other four starters feel like locks.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,204

Post#46 » by Quentin » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:40 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Quentin wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:Nobody is a winner in this last 13 years with this franchise. NOBODY.

Rubio is playing most of his minutes with the second unit in Utah. He is a loser in the clutch there too (2-4 in very limited minutes). Quin is pulling him out of the end of games. You keep making excuses though.

What excuses ? Again, you are the one coming up with things like "we are 7-4 in clutch time"... what's that supposed to mean ?

Everybody in Utah plays with the 2nd unit/1st unit. Snyder uses mixed rotations all the time. There isn't hockey lineups over there for a reason, they have a deep, deep roster.

Really, What is your point after all to bash Rubio here, in the Jazz board and every place you have a chance... That is pure hate. If i'm a fanboy what you are then ?

:lol: Every starter finishes those games but Rubio. Rubio is the only guy that checks out early and comes back in to play with the reserves. You'd think he'd have extremely better stats, but no. Check RPM if you want as well. I don't know what else to tell you. But have fun with your inexplicable love?
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#47 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:43 am

shrink wrote:

I agree. With the way Thibs minimizes the bench, the only way to make a splash would be to trade a starter, and the other four starters feel like locks.

I also wouldn't lock in a deal for a similar-priced, similar-valued PG (like your Hill idea awhile back). What I could see is to shift around the money balance on this team, maybe getting two guys who cost $9 million-ish? Or a cheaper stopgap PG and an asset elsewhere.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#48 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:47 am

Quentin wrote:But have fun with your inexplicable love?

I will, thank you.
Looking for to see your inexplicable hate for him in every single board they mention him.
shrink
RealGM

Post#49 » by shrink » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:54 am

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:

I also wouldn't lock in a deal for a similar-priced, similar-valued PG (like your Hill idea awhile back). What I could see is to shift around the money balance on this team, maybe getting two guys who cost $9 million-ish? Or a cheaper stopgap PG and an asset elsewhere.

I can agree with that too. Whether it's Teague, Rubio, or some other third guy, Butler reduces the responsibilities for any PG. i saw someone mention Teague for DJ Augustine and value, and I think we'd get by just fine with Augustine, or a similar lesser PG. i liked sitting on Beverley for a season as well.

I will say though that Hill is a year less, and I wanted some compensation to take on that risk, to apply that value to another need outside of PG.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#50 » by wolves_89 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:09 am

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:I agree. With the way Thibs minimizes the bench, the only way to make a splash would be to trade a starter, and the other four starters feel like locks.

I can agree with that too. Whether it's Teague, Rubio, or some other third guy, Butler reduces the responsibilities for any PG. i saw someone mention Teague for DJ Augustine and value, and I think we'd get by just fine with Augustine, or a similar lesser PG. i liked sitting on Beverley for a season as well.

I will say though that Hill is a year less, and I wanted some compensation to take on that risk, to apply that value to another need outside of PG.

I would love to trade Teague for George Hill. Hill is a significantly better defender and fits much better on offense. His injury history is a bit of a worry, but I'd take that risk for the upgrade in production when he's on the court. Also, as Shrink said his contract is much better since his last season is only guaranteed for $1M (instead of the player option Teague has).
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#51 » by Narf » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:53 am

Quentin wrote:First of all I will say you can't say anything negative about Rubio in this forum. You get attacked. Not sure why. He wasn't very good for us.

Now, check Rubio's clutch stats for the Jazz. Same crap going on there. At some point, you Rubio fanboys need to get over it and see the facts. Rubio isn't a starting PG on a winning team unless he's the 5th best player ..... maybe.

My god you're spineless. You insult us then whine about being attacked? And I didn't attack you, I responded to YOUR attack.

People telling you that you're wrong aren't attacking you. Grow the f up.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 872

Post#52 » by Dalvin » Thu Dec 7, 2017 10:59 am

It would be funny if Teague was somehow traded to the Jazz for Rubio :lol:
Jazz needed a scoring PG, we needed a defensive facilitator PG.
I wonder if this is possible (player traded from team and then traded back within a year)
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Re: RE: Re: Pacers fan here looking for thoughts on Jeff Teague... 

Post#53 » by TheDominator273 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:40 pm

Dalvin wrote:It would be funny if Teague was somehow traded to the Jazz for RubioJazz needed a scoring PG, we needed a defensive facilitator PG.
I wonder if this is possible (player traded from team and then traded back within a year)

Don't think we can trade for Rubio until after the season. Needs to be a calendar year from when we traded him.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,714

Post#54 » by thinktank » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:56 pm

Last night against the Clippers I thought Teague played his role the best he has all season.

Initiate the offense.

Spot up from deep.

Concentrate on defending.

:rock:
"a poor addition to the board"
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#55 » by walk with me » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:48 pm

thinktank wrote:Last night against the Clippers I thought Teague played his role the best he has all season.

Initiate the offense.

Spot up from deep.

Concentrate on defending.

:rock:

He’s had several other games like this before.... teagues leash is about 2 inches long with fans. A great game is meh, a ok game is awful, and a bad game is an embarrassment.

Keep in mind this is his 3rd game back after missing a bunch. Maybe he’s finally back in rhythm.
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by Quentin » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:05 pm

Now you guys are talking about trading Teague for Rubio?? :lol: We probably lose that game last night with Rubio. Teague was awesome in crunch time. Some of the stuff posted here you just can't make up. 15-11 and we need to go back to the guy that has never had a winning season? :crazy:
shrink
RealGM

Post#57 » by shrink » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:14 pm

Quentin wrote:Now you guys are talking about trading Teague for Rubio?? :lol: We probably lose that game last night with Rubio. Teague was awesome in crunch time. Some of the stuff posted here you just can't make up. 15-11 and we need to go back to the guy that has never had a winning season? :crazy:

http://www.mnrubecentral.com
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by Quentin » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:27 pm

double
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#59 » by Quentin » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:27 pm

shrink wrote:
Quentin wrote:Now you guys are talking about trading Teague for Rubio?? :lol: We probably lose that game last night with Rubio. Teague was awesome in crunch time. Some of the stuff posted here you just can't make up. 15-11 and we need to go back to the guy that has never had a winning season? :crazy:

So you don't like facts here? Rather cupcake everything? This forum doesn't allow positive Jeff Teague comments?

I'd like to request a warning for this shrink person mr. mod. Directing me to another forum? I've been a member here for over 10 years.
shrink
RealGM

Post#60 » by shrink » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:02 pm

Quentin wrote:
shrink wrote:

So you don't like facts here? Rather cupcake everything? This forum doesn't allow positive Jeff Teague comments?

I'd like to request a warning for this shrink person mr. mod. Directing me to another forum? I've been a member here for over 10 years.

Dude, you are calling your opinion "facts," while continueing to treat posters with other opinions from Rubio "fanboys" with disrespect. "Doesn't allow positive Jeff Teague comments?" You will find a positive Teague comment from me in the last game thread. I even appreciate it when people have other opinions, because it keeps the board interesting. However, I think you can do so without making personal, condescending posts. Instead of engaging you, I thought this other forum would be a good solution for both of us - they love those kind of emoticon-filled posts. Sorry if that offended you - i thought I was giving you an option you might not be aware of.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves