TimberBulls sign Derrick Rose

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: TimberBulls sign Derrick Rose 

Post#321 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:40 am

GeekFreak wrote:
Jedzz wrote:So I went through Bazz's highlights of that Warriors overtime game. I don't think it matches Rose' 50pt Utah game.

It was the Warriors and Bazz did everything from a layup which drew a foul on Steph, to repeated slams, and even a few threes. It was a very special performance from him and a good come from behind win. But No, I cannot agree that his 35pt games was as amazing as everything Rose accomplished in his 50pt game. I don't think it should rate above the Utah/Rose game. To each his own and I'll keep the Rose game one of my top 3 Timberwolves games, maybe top 2 and competing with the #1 in my opinion. Just don't see that kind of perfection and skill on display enough in this league.

Shabazz had a nice game and all, but it mainly was due to just really running the floor hard and out hustling a not completely engaged Warriors team. Shabazz didn't display one tenth the skill level of Rose.

I agree.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#322 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:40 am

KGdaBom wrote:Here's a YouTube of the game.

Bazz can always remember that game. It's pretty special for him. However I agree with GeekFreak. The Warriros weren't all that engaged looking. Bazz was out hustling and good for him. Compare their effort that game against the game this year where Warriors lost, where Durant and Steph were livid afterwards.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#323 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:49 am

Jedzz wrote:So I went through Bazz's highlights of that Warriors overtime game. I don't think it matches Rose' 50pt Utah game.

It was the Warriors and Bazz did everything from a layup which drew a foul on Steph, to repeated slams, and even a few threes. It was a very special performance from him and a good come from behind win. But No, I cannot agree that his 35pt games was as amazing as everything Rose accomplished in his 50pt game. I don't think it should rate above the Utah/Rose game. To each his own and I'll keep the Rose game one of my top 3 Timberwolves games, maybe top 2 and competing with the #1 in my opinion. Just don't see that kind of perfection and skill on display enough in this league.

Not better. Never said it was. More meaningful.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#324 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:52 am

KGdaBom wrote:Not better. Never said it was. More meaningful.

Why it is more meaningful though?

This year Wolves beat Warriors 131-130 in overtime without Bazz or Rose.

Curry Thompson Cousins Durant Green and Igguadala, and 4 of their starters had 42 minutes. The Okogie, Wiggins, Bayless show was enough to beat their dream team even at a fever pitch. Towns only had 15 that game.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#325 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:52 am

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Here's a YouTube of the game.

Bazz can always remember that game. It's pretty special for him. However I agree with GeekFreak. The Warriros weren't all that engaged looking. Bazz was out hustling and good for him. Compare their effort that game against the game this year where Warriors lost, where Durant and Steph were livid afterwards. Curry Thompson Cousins Durant Green and Igguadala, and 4 of their starters had over 40 minutes. Timberwolves didn't have Rose or Bazz and still won. The Okogie, Wiggins, Bayless show was enough to beat their dream team even at a fever pitch. 131-130

The Warriors were going for the record with everything they had. They even got criticized for trying too hard for the record. Don't for a second believe they weren't trying to win. Don't diminish the 26-52 Wolves win over the 69-10 Warriors. It was special.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#326 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:57 am

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Not better. Never said it was. More meaningful.

Why it is more meaningful though?

This year Wolves beat Warriors 131-130 in overtime without Bazz or Rose.

Curry Thompson Cousins Durant Green and Igguadala, and 4 of their starters had 42 minutes. The Okogie, Wiggins, Bayless show was enough to beat their dream team even at a fever pitch. Towns only had 15 that game.

We were 26-52 playing against the Warriors 69-10 or so going for the all time record. They did end up getting it later, but it was possibly the greatest upset in NBA history. To me that's meaningful. Doesn't mean it has to be meaningful to you.

Did this years Warriors even win 60 game?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#327 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:00 am

KGdaBom wrote:The Warriors were going for the record with everything they had. They even got criticized for trying too hard for the record. Don't for a second believe they weren't trying to win. Don't diminish the 26-52 Wolves win over the 69-10 Warriors. It was special.

I suppose maybe I've seen the Warriors rest players and take a few quarters off enough to be jaded that they cared that much that game. Judging by how they played it seemed they didn't. Maybe they got stuck in a trap game that day and Bazz' effort was enough to smoke them silly. If you find it a great game, I'm fine with that.

I'm sticking with Rose putting up 50 two at a time the hard way and it coming against a hot Utah team with our old flame Rubio leading the charge and guys like Rubio, Mitchel and even Gobert getting taught a lesson by Rose. It has been such a heated rivalry in games lately if you ask me. Great battles between the two teams. Elite efforts all around. That game ending with Rose defending what would have been the walk away win corner three for Jazz. I won't quickly forget it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#328 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:02 am

Jedzz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The Warriors were going for the record with everything they had. They even got criticized for trying too hard for the record. Don't for a second believe they weren't trying to win. Don't diminish the 26-52 Wolves win over the 69-10 Warriors. It was special.

I suppose maybe I've seen the Warriors rest players and take a few quarters off enough to be jaded that they cared that much that game. Judging by how they played it seemed they didn't. Maybe they got stuck in a trap game that day and Bazz' effort was enough to smoke them silly. If you find it a great game, I'm fine with that.

I'm sticking with Rose putting up 50 two at a time the hard way and it coming against a hot Utah team with our old flame Rubio leading the charge and guys like Rubio, Mitchel and even Gobert getting taught a lesson by Rose. It has been such a heated rivalry in games lately if you ask me. Great battles between the two teams. Elite efforts all around. That game ending with Rose defending what would have been the walk away win corner three for Jazz. I won't quickly forget it.

Both great games in Wolves history.
Maybe this will help. That night Shabazz was Buster Douglas.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves