Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KingSM_25
Freshman
And1: 35

Re: Trade ideas for Gorgui ? 

Post#61 » by KingSM_25 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 am

Bucketgetter wrote:
KingSM_25 wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:Then why the hell is he not playing? You don't think we could use a guy who is ready to contribute right away as the 3rd big?

Because he was never cleared of his full minute restriction thing. I think they are just playing it on the safe side with him. You don't want to rush back a 7ft and then he ends up like Embiid and waiting 3 years to play a game. If he never got hurt before the year. I believe that we would have seen him for short periods of time this year.

Lol so this is all just you guessing what is happening. Thanks guys for making my point. That fans don't know what is going on so we can't make some judgements when we don't have enough information.

As for the facts, Patton played 38 games averaging over 23 minutes a game for Iowa. Obviously you can still be on a minutes restriction and play. That's what it's for, to manage your minutes while you play so you don't go over. Patton was also active for the Timberwolves during the end of the season, and only managed to play in 1 game for 4 minutes, in garbage time. And that was a period when we were dealing with multiple injuries and losing a lot of games.

Lol a internet message board is a place where you go to make your educated guess or talk about the team. I am basing my opinion based on what I have seen from him the last two years in college and G league. Based on how he has developed, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Patton make another big jump in his game.

This entire conversation about Patton playing next year is all based on if Gorgui were to get traded in the summer. Why would someone even come up with this thread? We as fans have no idea if Gorgui is getting traded or not, so we better just wait to comment till it actually happens.....How dare fans give input on a message board :banghead:
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect
And1: 197

Post#62 » by Bucketgetter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 am

Klomp wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:
Klomp wrote:The fact he was on a minutes restriction all season long says otherwise.

But whatever, I think we're talking past each other and have been for awhile. I doubt we'll come to an agreement, and that's okay.

He played over 23 minutes a game in 38 games for Iowa. He was active for the Timberwolves for many games at the end of the season. You know this right?

Those things don't make my comment not true.

You're acting like a minutes restriction means he's injured, and that's why he's not playing. That's not what a minutes restriction is. It's to manage your minutes WHILE you play so you don't go over. You can't blame the fact that he didn't play on his minutes restriction. That doesn't make sense.
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect

Post#63 » by Bucketgetter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:47 am

KingSM_25 wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:
KingSM_25 wrote:
Because he was never cleared of his full minute restriction thing. I think they are just playing it on the safe side with him. You don't want to rush back a 7ft and then he ends up like Embiid and waiting 3 years to play a game. If he never got hurt before the year. I believe that we would have seen him for short periods of time this year.

Lol so this is all just you guessing what is happening. Thanks guys for making my point. That fans don't know what is going on so we can't make some judgements when we don't have enough information.

As for the facts, Patton played 38 games averaging over 23 minutes a game for Iowa. Obviously you can still be on a minutes restriction and play. That's what it's for, to manage your minutes while you play so you don't go over. Patton was also active for the Timberwolves during the end of the season, and only managed to play in 1 game for 4 minutes, in garbage time. And that was a period when we were dealing with multiple injuries and losing a lot of games.

Lol a internet message board is a place where you go to make your educated guess or talk about the team. I am basing my opinion based on what I have seen from him the last two years in college and G league. Based on how he has developed, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Patton make another big jump in his game.

This entire conversation about Patton playing next year is all based on if Gorgui were to get traded in the summer. Why would someone even come up with this thread? We as fans have no idea if Gorgui is getting traded or not, so we better just wait to comment till it actually happens.....How dare fans give input on a message board :banghead:

Yeah, educated guesses are great and talking about the team is great. I responded to your post because it was just a bunch of ifs, buts, candy and nuts lol. If that's all you want to post, that's fine. I thought it was going to be a real discussion about the team and trading Gorgui, not what you wish for or hope will happen. I'll just ignore it next time.
KingSM_25
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#64 » by KingSM_25 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:44 am

Bucketgetter wrote:
KingSM_25 wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:Lol so this is all just you guessing what is happening. Thanks guys for making my point. That fans don't know what is going on so we can't make some judgements when we don't have enough information.

Yeah, educated guesses are great and talking about the team is great. I responded to your post because it was just a bunch of ifs, buts, candy and nuts lol. If that's all you want to post, that's fine. I thought it was going to be a real discussion about the team and trading Gorgui, not what you wish for or hope will happen. I'll just ignore it next time.

The entire thread is about what people hope or wish for what will happen. A couple of us have tried turning it into a discussion based on Patton's development from his first year at Creighton all the way to this year. That is not wishful thinking on my end, that is just facts.

Would I be willing to shed Gorgui's contract based on having Patton absolutely. The fact is, they wouldn't be able to move Gorgui without getting another decent sized contract in return. I don't know why someone asked if Patton would be trusted as the 3rd big anyway. With an entire off season of trades, buyouts, and free agency they might bring in another guy or just stay with what they have. For what Gorgui brings off the bench he is not worth his contract, and if you can cut that contract by a year or two it doesn't matter who you have as a backup plan you do it. If he was elite at something he did than it might be a little harder to move on from, but the thing is he is just average.
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect

Post#65 » by Bucketgetter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:38 am

KingSM_25 wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:
KingSM_25 wrote:

The entire thread is about what people hope or wish for what will happen. A couple of us have tried turning it into a discussion based on Patton's development from his first year at Creighton all the way to this year. That is not wishful thinking on my end, that is just facts.

Would I be willing to shed Gorgui's contract based on having Patton absolutely. The fact is, they wouldn't be able to move Gorgui without getting another decent sized contract in return. I don't know why someone asked if Patton would be trusted as the 3rd big anyway. With an entire off season of trades, buyouts, and free agency they might bring in another guy or just stay with what they have. For what Gorgui brings off the bench he is not worth his contract, and if you can cut that contract by a year or two it doesn't matter who you have as a backup plan you do it. If he was elite at something he did than it might be a little harder to move on from, but the thing is he is just average.

And I'm saying we don't know how much he has developed. We simply haven't seen enough of him. I don't know why him being the first big off the bench was brought up either, but I'll still say that we can't just expect Patton to be that guy.

Agreed on Gorgui. I did say earlier in the thread that I would like to move Gorgui and bring back Belly.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect
And1: 381

Post#66 » by GI_Slow » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:41 am

Would it be too crazy to deal him to Milwaukee for Snell and Zeller? I mean the Bucks have had a glaring need for a starting center while we have a need to get an actual bench wing player plus getting a center who's at least capable of holding the spot if Patton isn't ready yet. They probably get the best player in the deal, but we would be able to shed some salary in the process of getting a better fit.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,942

Post#67 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Bucketgetter wrote:And I'm saying we don't know how much he has developed. We simply haven't seen enough of him. I don't know why him being the first big off the bench was brought up either, but I'll still say that we can't just expect Patton to be that guy.

Again, we as fans don't know how much anyone develops year to year. But the team does. And while you maybe haven't seen eough of him because you didn't watch any G League games, other people did. I don't think anyone is just expecting him to be the 3rd guy no questions asked. But I don't think it's a stretch to say he could be in that role if necessary.

Clint Capela's rookie year, he played 90 minutes in only 12 games in Houston, spending much of his time in the D League. The next year, he averaged 20 minutes a game, averaging 7/6. Why couldn't Patton slide into a role like that?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#68 » by NebWolvesFan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Patton is going to struggle next year as a lot of rookie bigs do. He will have good games and bad games. He will foul a lot, but behind Towns and Gibson and Belly, who I expect back, he's only going to need to play 10-15 minutes a game. I think by this time next year we will love Patton's future just when Gibson's contract is up.
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect

Post#69 » by Bucketgetter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 pm

Klomp wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:And I'm saying we don't know how much he has developed. We simply haven't seen enough of him. I don't know why him being the first big off the bench was brought up either, but I'll still say that we can't just expect Patton to be that guy.

Again, we as fans don't know how much anyone develops year to year. But the team does. And while you maybe haven't seen eough of him because you didn't watch any G League games, other people did. I don't think anyone is just expecting him to be the 3rd guy no questions asked. But I don't think it's a stretch to say he could be in that role if necessary.

Clint Capela's rookie year, he played 90 minutes in only 12 games in Houston, spending much of his time in the D League. The next year, he averaged 20 minutes a game, averaging 7/6. Why couldn't Patton slide into a role like that?

You're right, we were just talking over each mostly. This is the last I'll say on the matter. My only point was as fans we don't know how he's developing, and it seems you agree with that. But he definitely can be in that role, and I hope he comes into next year fighting for a starting spot and proves you 100% right. Go Wolves and go Patton.
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect

Post#70 » by Bucketgetter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm

And I did watch some of the Iowa Wolves live, and all of Patton's highlights from his time there. I am very high on Patton's future and fit next to Towns. I just take G League domination for what it's worth, a lot of guys can dominate in the G League and not contribute in the pros.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves