ImageImageImage

Wolves select Josh Okogie

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,903

Re: Wolves select Josh Okogie 

Post#201 » by AirP. » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Bucketgetter wrote:I don't see the comparison with Wiggins. You're right that Wiggins had been given entitlement minutes and you're right that his atrocious defense can cost us games. But that's not comparable to Okogie. You even say that if Okogie is in the rotation, it will be for defense. I didn't say I think we should give Okogie a ton of iso plays and let him develop his offense. I talked about his role on defense, which you seem to understand will be the part of his game that could get him minutes.

Right, but if he's playing a specific role, that's what he'll train to do as good as he can, I want him working on his weaknesses more then his strengths at this early point in his career, the sooner he gets his weaknesses fixed the sooner he'll be a complete player instead of a roleplayer. He could be a steal, I'm hoping for a lot more then a little better shooting Andre Robertson.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#202 » by Rookie-Mistake » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:44 am

Is he a replacement for Jimmy Butler?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#203 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Is he a replacement for Jimmy Butler?

No.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#204 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:27 am

Klomp wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:Is he a replacement for Jimmy Butler?

No.

Certainly not a replacement, but he has incredible physical gifts and seems to have a great work ethic. He could keep improving and has a very high ceiling IMO.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves