***Summer League Playoffs Game 1: Wolves vs. Pistons***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,979

Re: ***Summer League Playoffs Game 1: Wolves vs. Pistons*** 

Post#21 » by wolves_89 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:27 am

KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:When Okogie gets to the point where he's not a liability on offense he'll be an elite role player.

IMO that's not an if it's a when and it will happen before the end of the year. Maybe even before the start of the season.

I'm not that optimistic. Okogie has a long way to go to be even remotely competent in the half court offense.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,316

Post#22 » by Calinks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 am

If we drop this game to a team that's almost 20 seeds lower than us..... I'm done. We are hopeless.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,814

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 am

Nobody has scored in a long time. They just called Okogie Dwayne Wade like for Blocks. I called that a few days ago. Pretty soon people will be afraid to shoot when Okogie is in the same zip code.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#24 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am

wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:When Okogie gets to the point where he's not a liability on offense he'll be an elite role player.

IMO that's not an if it's a when and it will happen before the end of the year. Maybe even before the start of the season.

I'm not that optimistic. Okogie has a long way to go to be even remotely competent in the half court offense.

Well when you're pessimistic you won't be disappointed. I'm optimistic and still think I won't be disappointed.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 am

Jefferson is a rebounding machine.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#26 » by wolves_89 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 am

KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:IMO that's not an if it's a when and it will happen before the end of the year. Maybe even before the start of the season.

Well when you're pessimistic you won't be disappointed. I'm optimistic and still think I won't be disappointed.

I'd say I'm more realistic than pessimistic.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#27 » by Calinks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 am

wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Yea I dont think its a given at all. We will see. He has work to do.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#28 » by Calinks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 am

We=Trash
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#29 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:36 am

Made it interesting, but we lost.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#30 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:39 am

wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

I'd say I'm more realistic than pessimistic.

You can be realistic and pessimistic at the same time or realistic and optimistic at the same time. I am being optimistic without question. Hopefully I'm being realistic. You are certainly being pessimistic that is without question. Hopefully for the Wolves sake you are not being realistic.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#31 » by wolves_89 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:39 am

It's tough to be competitive when shooting 2-25 on 3s and 3-10 on FTs, no matter how good of defense you play.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#32 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:41 am

wolves_89 wrote:It's tough to be competitive when shooting 2-25 on 3s and 3-10 on FTs, no matter how good of defense you play.

That is really true. However, I think it is easier to fix bad offense than it is to fix bad defense.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#33 » by Murphs56 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:45 am

Okogie has elite potential on the defensive end. I'll skip talking about the offense.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#34 » by Calinks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:46 am

KBD: "I want to be summer league MVP."

Okogie too busy playing Fortnite to work on his handles and jumpshot. :nonono:
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#35 » by gandlogo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 am

Wow. That was very frustrating to watch. Okogie has a lot of work to do on DEFENSE. He gets by with length to get those blocks, but he's out of position or follows the ball too much and loses his guy. However, I'm excited about where he can get on both ends of the court. He seems like one willing to work despite the same Fortnite affliction that has struck many. KBD is the first second round pick to excite since Pek? He too looks like he will be able to eventually compete at both ends of the court. It is up to both players - not Thibs - to determine how much they play this year. I'm struggling a bit on Jefferson. He may be the baseball equivalent of a AAAA player. I loved him at Duke. He produced in the G-League and the Summer League. However, where does he fit on the Wolves? Backup to the backup at 4? Where does he fit in the NBA? And that doesn't even take into account Patton and where he fits in the front court.

Overall, I'm digging the rooks and cautiously optimistic that they'll turn into good pros.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#36 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 am

gandlogo wrote:Wow. That was very frustrating to watch. Okogie has a lot of work to do on DEFENSE. He gets by with length to get those blocks, but he's out of position or follows the ball too much and loses his guy. However, I'm excited about where he can get on both ends of the court. He seems like one willing to work despite the same Fortnite affliction that has struck many. KBD is the first second round pick to excite since Pek? He too looks like he will be able to eventually compete at both ends of the court. It is up to both players - not Thibs - to determine how much they play this year. I'm struggling a bit on Jefferson. He may be the baseball equivalent of a AAAA player. I loved him at Duke. He produced in the G-League and the Summer League. However, where does he fit on the Wolves? Backup to the backup at 4? Where does he fit in the NBA? And that doesn't even take into account Patton and where he fits in the front court.

Overall, I'm digging the rooks and cautiously optimistic that they'll turn into good pros.

Everybody has work to do on offense and defense. However, I think Okogie's defense is quite good right now. Does he lose his man sometimes? Sure he does and everybody does. I have also seen times when he locks on like Pat Beverly and can't be shook at all.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,956

Post#37 » by Domejandro » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 am

I have been saying this for a few days, but I do not get it with Jared Terrell. The dude is six-foot three-inches, has no handle, is not a capable passer, and has an incredibly shaky jumper. His defense is not that impressive either, I straight-up do not get it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,884

Post#38 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:42 am

wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Tony Allen did okay for himself. Josh could at least start his career in that type of role.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#39 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:24 am

Calinks wrote:If we drop this game to a team that's almost 20 seeds lower than us..... I'm done. We are hopeless.

Didn't we make the finals as one of the lowest seeds with Tyus Stones leading the way?

Either way, I like the defense I saw from Okogie and KBD has a smooth stroke
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#40 » by Mattya » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:20 am

Okogie definitely has a spot in rotations just because his defense can be that impactful. He needs to work a lot on his footwork and creating for himself. It is the only thing holding his potential on offense back. He doesn’t look comfortable at all there. I’m not worried about his ability to improve as a shooter. He has very solid mechanics when spotted up.

KBD is very polished. Hopefully he can continue to take advantages of mismatches at PF. Really like his fit next to Towns.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves