Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Re: Trade Talk 

Post#1061 » by Klomp » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Small idea...
Would you trade Tolliver for Wayne Ellington? Both expirings, WE makes about $500k more, and it would balance the roster a little better.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,956

Post#1062 » by shrink » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 pm

Klomp wrote:Small idea...
Would you trade Tolliver for Wayne Ellington? Both expirings, WE makes about $500k more, and it would balance the roster a little better.

I would do the deal. The thing is, it would probably need to be a three-teamer for MIA.

While they’d like Tolliver, it may be more important for them to get under the lux. Ellington for cap space puts them exactly just under the lux. A few teams could absorb Tolliver, like SAC with cap space, or CHA, DEN with a TPE.

Your trade seems more realistic than most on these boards.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect
And1: 381

Post#1063 » by GI_Slow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 am

It makes plenty sense but why exactly is Ellington's agent seeking for a trade? does he not get enough minutes or something like that? contract year? don't watch Miami enough so I'd rather ask
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Post#1064 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 am

GI_Slow wrote:It makes plenty sense but why exactly is Ellington's agent seeking for a trade? does he not get enough minutes or something like that? contract year? don't watch Miami enough so I'd rather ask

Has played a total of 43:12 since December 7 in 6 of 21 possible games, including just one game of more than 8 minutes.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect

Post#1065 » by GI_Slow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 am

Assuming Taj is not moved, or even if he is as it would open minutes for KBD, then yeah it seems like a good deal considering we need an extra option for the wing
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#1066 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:25 am

GI_Slow wrote:Assuming Taj is not moved, or even if he is as it would open minutes for KBD, then yeah it seems like a good deal considering we need an extra option for the wing

The chance to trade Taj to the Rockets seems to have come and gone. Now where could we send him if we indeed want to send him.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1067 » by Jedzz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:39 am

Trade Taj for Zbo for the remainder of this season. Just to get some attitude back in this team.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect

Post#1068 » by GI_Slow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:36 am

KGdaBom wrote:
GI_Slow wrote:Assuming Taj is not moved, or even if he is as it would open minutes for KBD, then yeah it seems like a good deal considering we need an extra option for the wing

The chance to trade Taj to the Rockets seems to have come and gone. Now where could we send him if we indeed want to send him.

Boston comes to mind, they could use some size and depth
shrink
RealGM

Post#1069 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 am

shrink wrote:

I would do the deal. The thing is, it would probably need to be a three-teamer for MIA.

While they’d like Tolliver, it may be more important for them to get under the lux. Ellington for cap space puts them exactly just under the lux. A few teams could absorb Tolliver, like SAC with cap space, or CHA, DEN with a TPE.

Your trade seems more realistic than most on these boards.

It’s strange how often you talk about something, and it’s the next thing you hear.

I was listening to a podcast right after posting. Ellington makes $6,270,000, and if they could remove that salary, the Heat would be just $129 under the luxury threshold! How’s that for the perfect salary?

Ellington was great last year, but the Heat are so deep with wings, he gets no playing time there. I think he’d be happy to come back to the team that drafted him.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#1070 » by SBM » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:37 am

Two trade ideas:

Teague/Bayless and a possible 1st for Conley.

and or

Wiggins for Gasol straight up.
Guidus88
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1071 » by Guidus88 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:40 am

Wiggins for Otto Porter would be ideal IMO.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1072 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Wiggins does not have this kind of trade value. Most neutral posters feel that Wiggins is one of the three worst contracts in the league.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1784465

Batum
Parsons
Wiggins
Wall
Chris Paul
Dieng
Love
James Johnson
Hayward
Waiters
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1073 » by Jedzz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 pm

shrink wrote:Wiggins does not have this kind of trade value. Most neutral posters feel that Wiggins is one of the three worst contracts in the league.

Batum
Parsons
Wiggins
Wall
Chris Paul
Dieng
Love
James Johnson
Hayward
Waiters

"most neutral posters" :lol:

What is neutral about using your time to be judgemental about what a team spent on a player? Is this your nice way of suggesting people you believe are sane and think as you do feel this way, and everyone else is incorrectly biased or insane?

I may hold some grudges or bias in my heart, I'm human. So please excuse me when I loft Kevin Love to higher place on that list than Andrew Wiggins. It's just an opinion but at least Wiggins puts on the shoes and jersey and plays. Dollar amounts and time are always going to be compared. But I think the worst contracts are the ones paid to the players that skip most of their 82 days of work for hang nails or what have you. Jimmy Butler is starting to look like he wants to join that group.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1074 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:Wiggins does not have this kind of trade value. Most neutral posters feel that Wiggins is one of the three worst contracts in the league.

Batum
Parsons
Wiggins
Wall
Chris Paul
Dieng
Love
James Johnson
Hayward
Waiters

"most neutral posters" :lol:

What is neutral about using your time to be judgemental about what a team spent on a player? Is this your nice way of suggesting people you believe are sane and think as you do feel this way, and everyone else is incorrectly biased or insane?

I may hold some grudges or bias in my heart, I'm human. So please excuse me when I loft Kevin Love to higher place on that list than Andrew Wiggins. It's just an opinion but at least Wiggins puts on the shoes and jersey and plays. Dollar amounts and time are always going to be compared. But I think the worst contracts are the ones paid to the players that skip most of their 82 days of work for hang nails or what have you. Jimmy Butler is starting to look like he wants to join that group.

Wow.

No, I said “neutral posters,” because these were the results from the Trade Board, where fans come from all over.

It’s a neutral board.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#1075 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:05 pm

We should be looking to get a future asset for Tolliver, not trading him for another guy, who should himself be traded if we were to have him. We would need to swing a deal to bring something in other than Ellington.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1076 » by Jedzz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:15 pm

shrink wrote:Wow.

No, I said “neutral posters,” because these were the results from the Trade Board, where fans come from all over.

It’s a neutral board.
Don't take it too personal, but it's possible I just can't stand reading your posts much anymore. I'll try to remember that.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1077 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:19 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

At this point, I’d take HOU’s late 1st to take on $15 mil of Brandon Knight next year for Tolliver and Bayless.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1078 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:26 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:

We should be looking to get a future asset for Tolliver, not trading him for another guy, who should himself be traded if we were to have him. We would need to swing a deal to bring something in other than Ellington.

To be fair, with the new buy out market, the best asset we could get for Tolliver is a later 2nd.

Last year, when ATL couldn’t get a 1st for Bellineli and Ilyasova combined, it became clear that contenders aren’t giving up 1sts any more, and would rather have their pick of buy out players. ATL eventually got nothing for those two, bought them out (as a favor to their agents and to look good to future free agents), and PHI picked up both players for nothing, and they strengthened them for the stretch and playoffs. I feel like these favors for players to join contenders through buy outs has been another way that the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

Five years ago, Tolliver was the type of guy you might get a pick in the 26-30 range. Any contender can use him, and he was top 10 last year in 3P%. However, now, the only way to get a legitimate asset is to use him as a mechanism to take on 2019 salary, not for his value as a player.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#1079 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:33 pm

shrink wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

To be fair, with the new buy out market, the best asset we could get for Tolliver is a later 2nd.

Last year, when ATL couldn’t get a 1st for Bellineli and Ilyasova combined, it became clear that contenders aren’t giving up 1sts any more, and would rather have their pick of buy out players. ATL eventually got nothing for those two, bought them out (as a favor to their agents and to look good to future free agents), and PHI picked up both players for nothing, and they strengthened them for the stretch and playoffs. I feel like these favors for players to join contenders through buy outs has been another way that the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

Five years ago, Tolliver was the type of guy you might get a pick in the 26-30 range. Any contender can use him, and he was top 10 last year in 3P%. However, now, the only way to get a legitimate asset is to use him as a mechanism to take on 2019 salary, not for his value as a player.

I agree and I take the second if it is out there to be had. I am more than open to 2019 money should we make trades and pick up 1st(s) with our small window below the LUX, it is just hard to know what this team is going to do. They should be sellers, but damned if I know????
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#1080 » by walk with me » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:05 am

Wiggins and this years first for Conley....

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves