Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Re: Trade Talk 

Post#1441 » by Domejandro » Fri Mar 1, 2019 6:13 am

shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Draft day trade.

CLE: Andrew Wiggins, Solomon Hill, Dario Šarić, #40, and Minnesota's 2020 First Round Draft Pick (1-5 Protected)
OUT: Kevin Love and J.R. Smith

Why for Cleveland? Get a lightly protected first, Dario Šarić, and gamble on Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love.

Why not for Cleveland? If they can't repair Andrew Wiggins, his deal is ugly.

MIN: Jrue Holiday and Kevin Love
OUT: Andrew Wiggins, Gorgui Dieng, Dario Šarić, #10/11, #40, and Minnesota's 2020 First Round Draft Pick (1-5 Protected)

Why for Minnesota? Put all their eggs into next season.

Why not for Minnesota? Pretty much bankrupts them on flexibility and assets. Would be forced to put an asset into moving Jeff Teague, or would have to let Tyus, Taj, and Derrick Rose all walk to avoid horrible Luxury-Tax penalties.

NOP: Gorgui Dieng, J.R. Smith, and #10/11
OUT: Jrue Holiday and Solomon Hill.

Why for New Orleans? Get a (fringe) top ten pick and clear $18,635,679 next season (assuming they just waive J.R. Smith's partial guarantee, rather than shopping it).

Why not for New Orleans? Gorgui is pretty bad.

Let's wave a wand and make Jeff Teague disappear....

Jrue Holiday / Tyus Jones
Josh Okogie / Derrick Rose
Robert Covington / Luol Deng
Kevin Love / Keita Bates-Diop
Karl-Anthony Towns / Somebody, unlikely to be Taj

Why the obsession with Love?

Because he is really, really good.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,842

Post#1442 » by life_saver » Fri Mar 1, 2019 6:36 am

Jrue is under contract for another 3 years after this season...would Wiggins + Saric + 2020 FRP + Okogie(if required in trade) work for Jrue + salary filler (if needed)?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1443 » by minimus » Fri Mar 1, 2019 9:54 am

Domejandro wrote:
shangrila wrote:Why the obsession with Love?

I'd do Wiggins-Love swap in a heartbeat. Love is not ideal, but he is now experienced veteran who knows his limits and plays his strenghts. Saying this I understand how weak was Pek+Love froncourt defensively and how far moved current NBA from traditional C-PF lineup. Also I dont remember any team relying on two bigmen scorers in current NBA. It means that both bigmen-scorers MUST get the ball in favorite spot to score. In this case we need a PG who can execute and shoot open 3s without hesitation. And we would need an elite scorer from bench because with KAT and Love in clutch, someone should be able to create scoring opportunities for himself and others. And we would need a defensive minded bigman to backup both KAT and Love.

KAT/???
Love/KBD
RoCo/KBD/???
???/Okogie
Tyus/Rose

Love passing, rebounding, 3pt shooting and experience would be a huge plus for this team. I miss that outlet and high-low passes.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#1444 » by shangrila » Fri Mar 1, 2019 10:07 pm

Domejandro wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Draft day trade.

Let's wave a wand and make Jeff Teague disappear....

Jrue Holiday / Tyus Jones
Josh Okogie / Derrick Rose
Robert Covington / Luol Deng
Kevin Love / Keita Bates-Diop
Karl-Anthony Towns / Somebody, unlikely to be Taj

Why the obsession with Love?

Is he?

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player. But he's not the same offensive juggernaut he was when he was here either. His rebounding has fallen, mainly because he doesn't get as many offensive boards as he used to, and he still has defensive issues. Combine that with some injury issues he's had the last few years and I don't see him as an attractive piece for us specifically.

I can see the argument for a Wiggins-Love swap, because replacing Wiggins with almost anyone else at this point would be a good thing, but Love would be low on my list of potential swaps. Their contracts are near identical, so there's no benefit there, and I think he and Towns would overlap a little too much in the areas they'd operate on the offensive end. At least with someone like Batum, while a lesser player, you get some future salary relief along with a good fit. Or in a Mike Conley deal where you wouldn't get that same overlap with Towns. But Love? I just don't see it.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#1445 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 1, 2019 10:27 pm

shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

Is he?

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player. But he's not the same offensive juggernaut he was when he was here either. His rebounding has fallen, mainly because he doesn't get as many offensive boards as he used to, and he still has defensive issues. Combine that with some injury issues he's had the last few years and I don't see him as an attractive piece for us specifically.

I can see the argument for a Wiggins-Love swap, because replacing Wiggins with almost anyone else at this point would be a good thing, but Love would be low on my list of potential swaps. Their contracts are near identical, so there's no benefit there, and I think he and Towns would overlap a little too much in the areas they'd operate on the offensive end. At least with someone like Batum, while a lesser player, you get some future salary relief along with a good fit. Or in a Mike Conley deal where you wouldn't get that same overlap with Towns. But Love? I just don't see it.

I don't think the overlap would be a bad thing. When one is shooting a 3, the other is inside to grab the offensive rebound. When one is operating in post, the other is spacing the floor.
That being said, I haven't paid much attention to Love in recent history but I'm sure he's not worth his contract either. Still better than Wiggins though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,918

Post#1446 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:22 pm

Couple things with Love....

First of all, if Ryan is the coach, he likely has some insight on Love from when his dad was in the front office. Might not all be positive either, considering the trade demand and stuff. Second, if we're adding him for passing/initiating, do we really want someone who would move Towns away from his role?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1447 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 2, 2019 2:46 am

Maybe should keep an eye on the Bucks. They just signed Bledsoe to 15-19/yr. I thought they were going to have to let him walk at some point but nope. Now they are going to tack on Pau for a run?

I'm guessing they aren't going to be able to afford a few players soon.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,918

Post#1448 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:58 am

Hypothetical here, but would you include Robert Covington in a trade if it netted us Devin Booker?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#1449 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:41 am

Klomp wrote:Hypothetical here, but would you include Robert Covington in a trade if it netted us Devin Booker?

Are you thinking Roco + Wiggins for Booker and filler?
"The last domino falls here!"
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#1450 » by Neeva » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:16 am

Klomp wrote:Hypothetical here, but would you include Robert Covington in a trade if it netted us Devin Booker?

Yes, keep kat happy:)
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#1451 » by alabamawolf » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:24 am

I’d make everyone available except him and KAT. Booker and Covington compliment each other well and give us a good core going forward. Im not sure trading defense for offense would improve us.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect
And1: 381

Post#1452 » by GI_Slow » Sat Mar 2, 2019 7:25 am

Tough call, but probably yes. A potential KAT-Booker-Russell trio (considering they're all close friends) makes you a contender now and for 5 more years, then you just fill the rest of the lineup with defense first 3 point shooters.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1453 » by Domejandro » Sat Mar 2, 2019 9:15 am

I really do not think that adding another inefficient, poor defensive player is really the right call for Minnesota right now.

Legitimately the most I would offer for Devin Booker would be....

MIN: Devin Booker and Tyler Johnson
OUT: Andrew Wiggins, Jeff Teague, and #11

Phoenix gets a starting Point-Guard and a late-lottery pick, while Minnesota gets the close friend of Karl-Anthony Towns. Phoenix likely balks, and Minnesota says "alright, not a problem" and the talks die.
post0115
Junior
And1: 35

Post#1454 » by post0115 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:07 pm

What do you guys think of D'Angelo Russell? Do you think we could or should try to get him this offseason? I've always been a fan and would love his fit on this team even beyond his relationship with KAT.

Maybe a sign and trade with Brooklyn in the offseason with us sending out our 1st round pick, Teague (expiring after option), and Okogie would get it done. Would have to sign him to a big contract like Lavine got too. They did already give Dinwiddie a 3 year $34mm extension.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1455 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 2, 2019 8:39 pm

Domejandro wrote:

Come with us and move past 2014.

Is Kevin Love going to go back to shooting 19-20 shots a game again? I would be surprised if he played 30 games a season here.

6 seasons under 61 games so far. Including the last three straight seasons. Everyone knows we need more fragile types.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1456 » by Neeva » Sat Mar 2, 2019 9:57 pm

If wolves are giving away the lotto pick and okogie they should at least unload wiggins or dieng in the process smh
post0115 wrote:What do you guys think of D'Angelo Russell? Do you think we could or should try to get him this offseason? I've always been a fan and would love his fit on this team even beyond his relationship with KAT.

Maybe a sign and trade with Brooklyn in the offseason with us sending out our 1st round pick, Teague (expiring after option), and Okogie would get it done. Would have to sign him to a big contract like Lavine got too. They did already give Dinwiddie a 3 year $34mm extension.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1457 » by minimus » Sun Mar 3, 2019 5:22 pm

AW, 2019 MIN FRP, PHI SRP for Jrue Holiday

KAT/???
Saric/KBD
RoCo/Okogie
Okogie/Holiday
Holiday/Tyus
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#1458 » by SmokeyPaw » Sun Mar 3, 2019 8:27 pm

minimus wrote:AW, 2019 MIN FRP, PHI SRP for Jrue Holiday

KAT/???
Saric/KBD
RoCo/Okogie
Okogie/Holiday
Holiday/Tyus

Not enough to get holiday. But I'd sign on in a minute.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#1459 » by Neeva » Sun Mar 3, 2019 9:11 pm

No thank u seriously holiday couldnt get the pelicans more wins than the wolves with the unibrow and somehow he will get us over the hump?
Not giving up the lotto pick.
Holiday is one of the most overated players in the league along with tatum people overvalue them to much.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1460 » by Domejandro » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:28 am

If Minnesota jumps into the top three.

WAS: Andrew Wiggins, Josh Okogie, and #3
OUT: Bradley Beal

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves