ImageImageImage

Trade Talk

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Re: Trade Talk 

Post#441 » by shrink » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Neal25 wrote:To put in context, Lou Williams is earning $8 million, it´s quite optimistic thinking Rose can get more than $12 million.

I see what you're saying, but Lou Wiliams shouldn't be used as a tent pole for valuation. Lou intentionally signed a bargain deal because he and his family wanted to stay in LA. In addition, he was getting a contract in a year with little cap space. It's like basing contracts on Mozgov (sorry Shabazz!).

I could see Rose getting an offer for over $12 mil, but it's unlikely. I also don't think money is the driving factor for him, with all his shoe money. He may like MIN, but if Thibs is gone, he may want out. Regardless, he should not be a player we rely on.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,963

Post#442 » by wolves_89 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:09 pm

shrink wrote:
Neal25 wrote:To put in context, Lou Williams is earning $8 million, it´s quite optimistic thinking Rose can get more than $12 million.

I see what you're saying, but Lou Wiliams shouldn't be used as a tent pole for valuation. Lou intentionally signed a bargain deal because he and his family wanted to stay in LA. In addition, he was getting a contract in a year with little cap space. It's like basing contracts on Mozgov (sorry Shabazz!).

I could see Rose getting an offer for over $12 mil, but it's unlikely. I also don't think money is the driving factor for him, with all his shoe money. He may like MIN, but if Thibs is gone, he may want out. Regardless, he should not be a player we rely on.

Rose returning depends heavily on Thibs returning. If Thibs is gone my bet would be Rose would leave as well. If Thibs survives I am expecting Rose to be re-signed with a decent raise, maybe something like a 2 year $16-18M deal. Of course if Rose misses a significant number of games that contract number will go down.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#443 » by KGdaBom » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:41 pm

I don´t understand people who say they hope Teague opts in because they´re afraid Thibs overpays a PG in the FA, when Teague for $19 million next season is actually overpaid.

The way he's looking 19 million IMO is just fine. Thing is if he opts out we could be without a PG at all and scrambling to sign somebody. I want continuity.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#444 » by KGdaBom » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Tukkerwolf wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:

I don´t understand people who say they hope Teague opts in because they´re afraid Thibs overpays a PG in the FA, when Teague for $19 million next season is actually overpaid.

Who better than Teague (Rose too) would sign here in the offseason?

Unrestricted:
Rubio
Lin
Walker
Collison
Rondo
Bayless
Smith
Joseph
Barea
Payton
Felton
Harris
Rose
Thomas
Canaan
MCW
Frazier
Brown
Burke
McConnell
Dinwiddie
Baldwin

Restricted:
Teodosic
Russell
Mudiay
Payne
Rozier
Grant
Wright
Brogdon

Walker and maybe Brogdon are upgrades but not available. Rubio is not an option. Collison would be a lateral move but Indiana won't let him go. Dinwiddie and Rozier might be worth a gamble for the MLE but no improvement over Teague. All the other players are backups, washed up or busts....

Looking at that list it is absolutely imperative that we keep Rose and/or Teague. Well if we could get Walker that would be great, but he's without question a max player and we can't afford him or can we?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#445 » by minimus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:59 pm

A trade that fixes all

PHO: Dieng, Tyus, PHI SRP, MIN SRP
MIN: Ariza, Mikal Bridges

Bridges seems like a perfect fit: long, versatile shooter.

Next season Teague almost 100% opts in. But it seems like Dieng contract is much much worse. So this situation should be fixed first. Offer a reasonable deal to Pat Beverly. RoCo-Okogie-Beverly trio will make our opponents earn every point. We need more ball handlers
since Wiggins and RoCo are not good as ball handlers/distributors, hopefully more KAT and Saric as facilitators and better chemistry help.

KAT/FRP
Saric/KBD
Covington/Bridges
Wiggins/Okogie
Teague/Beverly
Sanfranko
Sophomore
And1: 282

Post#446 » by Sanfranko » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 pm

minimus wrote:A trade that fixes all

Next season Teague almost 100% opts in. But it seems like Dieng contract is much much worse. So this situation should be fixed first. Offer a reasonable deal to Pat Beverly. RoCo-Okogie-Beverly trio will make our opponents earn every point. We need more ball handlers
since Wiggins and RoCo are not good as ball handlers/distributors, hopefully more KAT and Saric as facilitators and better chemistry help.

KAT/FRP
Saric/KBD
Covington/Bridges
Wiggins/Okogie
Teague/Beverly

This trade is ridiculous from Suns point of view. Nobody wants Dieng's contract. Even all those crap contracts from the "summer of Mozgov" have one less year on the books. Just play around with the trade machine and see that Dieng has the longest bad contract in the entire league.
minimus
RealGM

Post#447 » by minimus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Sanfranko wrote:

KAT/FRP
Saric/KBD
Covington/Bridges
Wiggins/Okogie
Teague/Beverly

This trade is ridiculous from Suns point of view. Nobody wants Dieng's contract. Even all those crap contracts from the "summer of Mozgov" have one less year on the books. Just play around with the trade machine and see that Dieng has the longest bad contract in the entire league.
That's true, Diengs contract is horrible. But PHO need PG badly. Tyus can be good next to potent scorer such as Booker. Also Tyus can be relatively cheap to resign next summer. PHO is not an attractive market for FA. Also Dieng money will be compensated with cheap contracts of Ayton and others.
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#448 » by TaylorTag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:44 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:I think it's pretty obvious the next step needs to be to clear the glut at PG. We have three guys there who all deserve minutes. While I don't have a problem with playing Rose as the defacto SG, I don't really like that it has to come at the expense of Okogie. While I don't think Okogie needs to just be handed a role without working for it, I do think he's put in the work to where he can contribute as a rotation player on a playoff team.

If Thibs won't consider playing Gibson as a small-ball 5 (no indication this will happen), the weakest spot in the rotation becomes backup 5. Dieng is okay there, but he can be upgraded.

The thing that complicates the situation somewhat is the contract situations of all three PGs. We can't go into next season with all three on the roster, but maybe the glut-clearing will just happen naturally in free agency next summer.

We have four PGs on the roster and if I understand correctly all four are on expiring contracts. Teague has the choice of extending his contract one year. If he opts out and Rose and Jones get better offers and we let Bayless walk we could be without a PG. I think many here want Teague to opt out. I don't.
I hope Teague will opt out. Considering that fact that he will decline athletically even more, we can resign him at lower price. Meanwhile I wish that either Tyus finds his shooting touch and we resign him long term or we can somehow trade him as asset. Dieng + Tyus for Ryan Anderson and late FRP might be a good idea.

that's interesting. I never even thought about Teague opting out and signing another contract here... Maybe he would be willing to sign like a 3 yr/$35m deal. That way, he has the promise of longevity.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#449 » by Neeva » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Minny will have to take back anderson if they ship out Dieng IMO
minimus wrote:
Sanfranko wrote:

KAT/FRP
Saric/KBD
Covington/Bridges
Wiggins/Okogie
Teague/Beverly

That's true, Diengs contract is horrible. But PHO need PG badly. Tyus can be good next to potent scorer such as Booker. Also Tyus can be relatively cheap to resign next summer. PHO is not an attractive market for FA. Also Dieng money will be compensated with cheap contracts of Ayton and others.
Sanfranko
Sophomore
And1: 282

Post#450 » by Sanfranko » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 pm

minimus wrote:
Sanfranko wrote:

KAT/FRP
Saric/KBD
Covington/Bridges
Wiggins/Okogie
Teague/Beverly

You're not getting Mikal Bridges in such a trade. MB alone is higher value than Jones and 2 SRPs
Even without Bridges I doubt Suns do it. You need to trade FRPs to move Dieng.
minimus
RealGM

Post#451 » by minimus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Sanfranko wrote:
minimus wrote:
Sanfranko wrote:

You're not getting Mikal Bridges in such a trade. MB alone is higher value than Jones and 2 SRPs
Even without Bridges I doubt Suns do it. You need to trade FRPs to move Dieng.
Got it. According to you, will be Dieng, Tyus, FRP enough for Ariza, Josh Jackson or Okobo?
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#452 » by life_saver » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:01 pm

I don't think Rose is gonna get anywhere near $12M+ deal...not many teams will be having cap space, especially $12M+ for someone with injury issues(very likely that he won't be fit through out the season).
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#453 » by MN7725 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:07 pm

upriser7 wrote:I don't think Rose is gonna get anywhere near $12M+ deal...not many teams will be having cap space, especially $12M+ for someone with injury issues(very likely that he won't be fit through out the season).

half the league is projected to have $20+ mil in cap space next summer, that is in comparison to I think it was 27 teams that had $20 mil+ in 2016

Not sure if that will lead to Rose getting a significant contract, but there will be plenty of space relative to previous two offseasons
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#454 » by old school 34 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Tukkerwolf wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:

Who better than Teague (Rose too) would sign here in the offseason?

Unrestricted:
Rubio
Lin
Walker
Collison
Rondo
Bayless
Smith
Joseph
Barea
Payton
Felton
Harris
Rose
Thomas
Canaan
MCW
Frazier
Brown
Burke
McConnell
Dinwiddie
Baldwin

Restricted:
Teodosic
Russell
Mudiay
Payne
Rozier
Grant
Wright
Brogdon

Walker and maybe Brogdon are upgrades but not available. Rubio is not an option. Collison would be a lateral move but Indiana won't let him go. Dinwiddie and Rozier might be worth a gamble for the MLE but no improvement over Teague. All the other players are backups, washed up or busts....

From that list...Walker, Dinwiddie, & Rozier are all PG's I'd take over Teague because they all represent longer term answers @ the position. The latter two aren't automatics, but have shown enough that I'd have no problem giving them that shot--especially if I can keep D. Rose as my backup. Rose & Taj resigning @ all & preferably on a discounted deal next year...probably becomes dependent on what happens w/ Thibs?

I'd love to move an existing PG (Jones or Teague or both) for an asset or two, but preferably only after securing one of those longer term options...Thibs wants to secure them now & not wait until FA next year. If he wins the remainder of this year & have a long term answer @ PG secured before the offseason (my preference is Rozier as a RFA--youngest & highest ceiling...the other two being FA's still make things risky) gives Thibs his best shot of being retained past this year.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#455 » by old school 34 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:38 am

Like I stated above...long term answer @ PG should be a main priority if anything further this season from a GM perspective should be right up there, but still equally or even higher needs to be moving Gorgi's deal....like most would agree to. As fans we need to be realistic & we need to minimize the cost in unloading that deal....it's not realistic to think it won't be anything than a huge overpay to get him traded for an expiring. Best option is shaving a year off his deal & taking a dead weight 2 yr deal....The Anderson contract & the PG-starved Suns just makes too much sense.

I hope that the only thing that's holding that deal back is getting the new guys up to speed & maybe Bayless healthy....I do fear GT squashing a Tyus trade (because he's a MN kid)....but for everyone a Tyus/Dieng for Anderson & any kind of pick (maybe?)....makes too much sense.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#456 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:15 am

There's no way Kemba signs here, I'd trade Tyus + KBD and/or this year's 1st for Rozier tho
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#457 » by life_saver » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:33 am

Oh man...Kemba would be perfect here....having a nearly 60 point game vs Sixers today...I am interested to see what happens with his FA
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#458 » by wildvikeswolves » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:42 am

upriser7 wrote:Oh man...Kemba would be perfect here....having a nearly 60 point game vs Sixers today...I am interested to see what happens with his FA

76ers with Jimmy

Lose to Magic
Barely beat Utah
Now OT vs Charlotte
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#459 » by Norseman79 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:44 am

How is this for a thought...

MN out: Dieng, Jones
MN in: Tristan Thompson, Decker

Cleveland Out: Thompson, Decker
Cleveland In: Jackson, Dieng, Mil. 1rst

Pho Out: Jackson, Mil 1rst
Pho In: Jones

Thompson can come in as instant back up big to take some minutes off of Towns, and be a defensive big in case of Towns foul trouble. Decker gets more minutes as Covington's backup. Thompson's contract is higher than Diengs, but shorter. Cleveland gets a first, a young wing in Jackson to pair with Sexton in the back court, and Dieng who still shows flashes of being average. Phoenix gets a legit PG.

Teague, Rose
Wiggins, Okogie
Covington, Decker
Gibson, Saric, Tolliver
Towns, Thompson

Thoughts? Would Cleveland bite and go full rebuild?
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#460 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:56 am

Norseman79 wrote:How is this for a thought...

MN out: Dieng, Jones
MN in: Tristan Thompson, Decker

Cleveland Out: Thompson, Decker
Cleveland In: Jackson, Dieng, Mil. 1rst

Pho Out: Jackson, Mil 1rst
Pho In: Jones

Thompson can come in as instant back up big to take some minutes off of Towns, and be a defensive big in case of Towns foul trouble. Decker gets more minutes as Covington's backup. Thompson's contract is higher than Diengs, but shorter. Cleveland gets a first, a young wing in Jackson to pair with Sexton in the back court, and Dieng who still shows flashes of being average. Phoenix gets a legit PG.

Teague, Rose
Wiggins, Okogie
Covington, Decker
Gibson, Saric, Tolliver
Towns, Thompson

Thoughts? Would Cleveland bite and go full rebuild?

No offense but why tf would Phoenix give up Josh Jackson and a 1st for Tyus lol

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves