SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Re: Trade Talk 

Post#981 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 am

minimus wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:
We have whole second half of this season to understand how much Tyus is worth.
I don't really undestand that point. How do we not know who he is right now? Are you suggesting he'll be starting once we dump someone and we will get a better chance to see who he is as a starter? Or just now that his bud Ryan is running the show that we will finally see the real Tyus?

He was fairly ineffective in the Mavericks game while playing. Maybe Bayless (4th PG none of us even bother discussing) at 19 minutes that game could have gave more. Not that I want to see that, but Wolves lost that game for the play of a couple players and we could point to Tyus as one of them. He can get outmatched. How does he find a way to be a positive in those games? This game was with Ryan as a Coach. It still happens. What happens if he had 30 minutes that game?

When Tyus plays off the ball, i.e. as wing, he is ineffective, but when he runs offence he is a steady PG. If he plays 30 minutes as PG, not a wing, he won't disappoint. Again, we can certainly compare him to other starters in this league, who can pass, defend AND score, such as CP3, Wall, Lowry. But they are paid much more money, and more important are missing games due to injuries. I will be happy to have Tyus on a team friendly contract only to stabilise our ball movement and team defence on perimeter.

P.S. It is clear for me that Teague is not answer at PG because of his injuries, defense and decision making. But I am okay to have him as expiring contract next year, if we can resign Tyus long term.
Tyus is not a long-term solution, so why sign him long-term?
Juan17
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#982 » by Juan17 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:52 am

2019 season Timberwolves , Rubio accept cheap contact 28M 4 year

Rubio 14.7 ppg 4.2 rpg 9.4 apg
Rose 20.0 ppg 2.8 rpg 4.0 apg
Wiggins 22.3 ppg 4.0 rpg 1.5 apg
Love 25.1 ppg 13.8 rpg 4.0 apg
Towns 24.2 ppg 11.8 rpg 2.0 apg
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#983 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 am

I keep seeing a post here and there of people that hope Rubio could come back. Go talk to Ryan and trade them Teague for Rubio. Rubio's deal is up this year and Teague will be an expiring next year. Does he have a no trade clause?
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,849

Post#984 » by life_saver » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:51 am

Juan17 wrote:2019 season Timberwolves , Rubio accept cheap contact 28M 4 year

Rubio 14.7 ppg 4.2 rpg 9.4 apg
Rose 20.0 ppg 2.8 rpg 4.0 apg
Wiggins 22.3 ppg 4.0 rpg 1.5 apg
Love 25.1 ppg 13.8 rpg 4.0 apg
Towns 24.2 ppg 11.8 rpg 2.0 apg

why would Rubio accept 4 year 28M deal lol? His market value is much higher
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#985 » by minimus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
minimus wrote:
Jedzz wrote: I don't really undestand that point. How do we not know who he is right now? Are you suggesting he'll be starting once we dump someone and we will get a better chance to see who he is as a starter? Or just now that his bud Ryan is running the show that we will finally see the real Tyus?

He was fairly ineffective in the Mavericks game while playing. Maybe Bayless (4th PG none of us even bother discussing) at 19 minutes that game could have gave more. Not that I want to see that, but Wolves lost that game for the play of a couple players and we could point to Tyus as one of them. He can get outmatched. How does he find a way to be a positive in those games? This game was with Ryan as a Coach. It still happens. What happens if he had 30 minutes that game?

When Tyus plays off the ball, i.e. as wing, he is ineffective, but when he runs offence he is a steady PG. If he plays 30 minutes as PG, not a wing, he won't disappoint. Again, we can certainly compare him to other starters in this league, who can pass, defend AND score, such as CP3, Wall, Lowry. But they are paid much more money, and more important are missing games due to injuries. I will be happy to have Tyus on a team friendly contract only to stabilise our ball movement and team defence on perimeter.

P.S. It is clear for me that Teague is not answer at PG because of his injuries, defense and decision making. But I am okay to have him as expiring contract next year, if we can resign Tyus long term.

Because he is improving?
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#986 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:24 am

minimus wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
minimus wrote:

Because he is improving?
Is he?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#987 » by DaMplsKid » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Tukkerwolf wrote:
DaMplsKid wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:And what would you guys want back then? Picks? So we can tank again? Unbelievable. I'm baffled. We finally have a fun team and people want to break it up after a couple of games.

I would move RoCo for CJ Mcollum. Not sure Portland would but that’s the type and would really help both teams. Not sure CJ and Lillard will ever be a good enough combo to win it all. We could take back one of there bad contacts but CJ would be a prefect fit with Wiggins and Towns long term. He might be the only player I would move him for that might be a little bit realistic.
Wait. So RoCo + Taj for CJ for instance?

So you want to trade our two best defenders for a one dimensional high volume scorer? One who is basically Derrick Rose but at 25 million instead of 2?

Which will result in a 115 million payroll for 5 players alone of which neither is an average defender.
I don't see it.

I complete agree ROCO is on a great contact and is a very good if not the best 3 and D player in the NBA. His age is a little old to build long term with Towns and Wiggins. CJ on the other hand is the prefect age for both of them. I see CJ as a PG and an elite offensive PG at that. He would fill a lot of Offensive issues we have. His pick in roll with Towns would be one of the best in the league because you can play the drop like everyone else does. He put Wiggins as a 2 option on the wing and takes the best defender off of Wiggins, which I think will help Wiggins exploit that match more. I think CJ is underrated a lot because of Lillard and Think we would be a much better fit as a PG and damn near All Star level. I think he could be on a Kyrie level type of PG.

Losing RoCo would be a big lose but I think he is easy to replace then what CJ can add to our team. I think Okogie already show some of that now which another post pointed out. I also think CJ would be a better defender as a PG then he is as a SG now.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#988 » by Worm Guts » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:10 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:
DaMplsKid wrote:
I would move RoCo for CJ Mcollum. Not sure Portland would but that’s the type and would really help both teams. Not sure CJ and Lillard will ever be a good enough combo to win it all. We could take back one of there bad contacts but CJ would be a prefect fit with Wiggins and Towns long term. He might be the only player I would move him for that might be a little bit realistic.
Wait. So RoCo + Taj for CJ for instance?

So you want to trade our two best defenders for a one dimensional high volume scorer? One who is basically Derrick Rose but at 25 million instead of 2?

Which will result in a 115 million payroll for 5 players alone of which neither is an average defender.
I don't see it.

I complete agree ROCO is on a great contact and is a very good if not the best 3 and D player in the NBA. His age is a little old to build long term with Towns and Wiggins. CJ on the other hand is the prefect age for both of them.

CJ and RoCo are less than a year apart.
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#989 » by DaMplsKid » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
DaMplsKid wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:Wait. So RoCo + Taj for CJ for instance?

I don't see it.

I complete agree ROCO is on a great contact and is a very good if not the best 3 and D player in the NBA. His age is a little old to build long term with Towns and Wiggins. CJ on the other hand is the prefect age for both of them.

CJ and RoCo are less than a year apart.

Wow I always thought CJ was younger then that. But I would still do the trade and feel that is fair value for a player like RoCo IF we were going to trade him. Not saying we will....
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,645

Post#990 » by shrink » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm

I don’t think CJ has this much trade value, and a team could get him cheaper than this. I think that the Trailblazers will be putting him on the market soon, as they are realizing the ceiling for this iteration of the team tops out at a low level playoff team.

Covington is a near-perfect fit for our biggest needs, defense and three point shooting. Better yet, swingmen with size and switchability are hard to find in the NBA right now. I like the advantage we have with RoCo.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#991 » by life_saver » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Wanting to trade RoCo is just stupidity....with both KAT, Wiggs max contract, we won't be having much cap space remaining for next 4-5 years.....RoCo's contract is an excellent one, not sure why on earth would you wanna trade him on that contract
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,645

Post#992 » by shrink » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:26 pm

For those keeping score at home, it’s been over two months since the Butler trade. This allows the contracts of Bayless, Saric or Covington to be combined to match a larger salary in a trade.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#993 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 pm

I don't want to single anyone here out, but we stop already with the Rubio and Love talk?
When Rubio was here, I heard nonstop complaining about his broke ass jump shot, and him not being able to finish at the rim. Hell most times he wasn't even guarded. I doubt he takes less to come here.

And Love is a shell of himself. He can barely shoot anymore. He couldn't wait to get out of here, and why would he pick here of all of the places he could go? Who wants to be stuck with a 30 year old making 30 mil per shooting under 40% from 3? (Hell his regular percent isn't that much better.)

IMO, we need to do Taj and Rose a solid at the deadline, and work with what we have.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#994 » by life_saver » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:20 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:I don't want to single anyone here out, but we stop already with the Rubio and Love talk?
When Rubio was here, I heard nonstop complaining about his broke ass jump shot, and him not being able to finish at the rim. Hell most times he wasn't even guarded. I doubt he takes less to come here.

And Love is a shell of himself. He can barely shoot anymore. He couldn't wait to get out of here, and why would he pick here of all of the places he could go? Who wants to be stuck with a 30 year old making 30 mil per shooting under 40% from 3? (Hell his regular percent isn't that much better.)

IMO, we need to do Taj and Rose a solid at the deadline, and work with what we have.

Love would probably be a worse contract here than Wiggins(considering the fit and contract)...not sure why anyone would want Love here...we need a star wing/guard, not another star bigman, especially on a max contract like Love.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#995 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
To the Lakers for 2019 and 2021 frps. Not sure Rose would consider that a solid though. Rose was wearing that Chicago hat in the interview after Thibs got canned. Maybe he wants to go home. Send Lavine back. :lol: I really don't want Rose to leave here. As a fan of hard workers in games I cherish players like that, plus his elite skills.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect
And1: 381

Post#996 » by GI_Slow » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Love makes sense only after a buyout, can't really afford to have him and Towns with big contracts in the current NBA, that said, if Love is still who we think he is, would be an actual great fit with KAT as he's strongly developing his defense. Think about it, it helps with spacing, he is a very good passer for his position (as is KAT), would actually help getting the rebound when Towns contests the shot and it would probably increase our fastbreak points with his licensed full court passes.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#997 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Jedzz wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
To the Lakers for 2019 and 2021 frps. Not sure Rose would consider that a solid though. Rose was wearing that Chicago hat in the interview after Thibs got canned. Maybe he wants to go home. Send Lavine back. :lol: I really don't want Rose to leave here. As a fan of hard workers in games I cherish players like that, plus his elite skills.

I really like Rose as well, but as a GM and not a FAN, I just don't see him staying healthy for the whole year plus if he keeps up solid play, he's going to want a payday. He was here because Thibs gave him a chance out of loyalty, and Rose took advantage. I think he likes Ryan, be they don't have the same level of coach/player that Towns and Wiggins do.
He could net us a nice FRP or a decent rookie in return.
I would sent TAJ because he deserves a chance to actually win something. He won't get that here. (At least not for a while)
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#998 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm

GI_Slow wrote:Love makes sense only after a buyout, can't really afford to have him and Towns with big contracts in the current NBA, that said, if Love is still who we think he is, would be an actual great fit with KAT as he's strongly developing his defense. Think about it, it helps with spacing, he is a very good passer for his position (as is KAT), would actually help getting the rebound when Towns contests the shot and it would probably increase our fastbreak points with his licensed full court passes.

You really think Cavs would buy him out? He's owed 31 mil per for 4 more years. Why would he take less to come here? He's stuck with Cleveland.
And did you say developing defense? Love ain't got it, never has and never will.
He is shooting 32% from 3 point range and like 37% from the floor. Not sure he will help space anyone. His biggest assets were his 3 pointer, rebounding, and outlet passing. I think he still may possess one of those 3.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect
And1: 381

Post#999 » by GI_Slow » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
GI_Slow wrote:Love makes sense only after a buyout, can't really afford to have him and Towns with big contracts in the current NBA, that said, if Love is still who we think he is, would be an actual great fit with KAT as he's strongly developing his defense. Think about it, it helps with spacing, he is a very good passer for his position (as is KAT), would actually help getting the rebound when Towns contests the shot and it would probably increase our fastbreak points with his licensed full court passes.

You really think Cavs would buy him out? He's owed 31 mil per for 4 more years. Why would he take less to come here? He's stuck with Cleveland.
And did you say developing defense? Love ain't got it, never has and never will.
He is shooting 32% from 3 point range and like 37% from the floor. Not sure he will help space anyone. His biggest assets were his 3 pointer, rebounding, and outlet passing. I think he still may possess one of those 3.

I meant KAT is developing his defense, Love is who he is at this point, but having Towns beside him with Covington seems like an ideal scenario for him to be hidden on defense. Plus Kevin while being capable of shooting, used to work on the box a lot more than just standing around the 3pt line, in Cleveland they took away that part of his game completely so LeBron had space to operate.

And yeah that contract is huge as it is, it's so big that I can't see a competent NBA team looking to trade for it, so maybe in a year or two he's probably gonna be looking at a buy out.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#1000 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:54 pm

are there any legit rumors out there regarding the Wolves making any moves?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves