Andrew Wiggins and the wolves future

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,966

Re: Andrew Wiggins and the wolves future 

Post#161 » by Domejandro » Sat Mar 2, 2019 1:58 am

JDthrillinger wrote:What team could we realistically dump Wiggins on still?

My first thoughts are Charlotte or Memphis but I have my doubts with either agreeing to take on that length of contract. Charlotte deal would involve Batum and Memphis deal would involve Parsons.

At the beginning of the year I thought Sacramento, Atlanta, or Chicago could be prime candidates but I think Atlanta is developing faster than expected although still a ways away and Chicago and Sac went and got their overpaid SF's in Barnes & Porter. Both upgrades over Wigg

Other teams that come to mind are Phoenix, Cleveland or New Orleans but it would probably require us giving up at least 1 1st for them to take on the contract. No way any team trying to contend now or within the next 2 years traded for Wiggins.

It just takes one dumb team, that is all we have right now to hold onto emotionally.
JDthrillinger
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#162 » by JDthrillinger » Sat Mar 2, 2019 2:26 am

Who is that dumb team?
I was sure it was going to be Sacramento prior to the season but they look completely different now obviously
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,938

Post#163 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:01 am

JDthrillinger wrote:What team could we realistically dump Wiggins on still?

My first thoughts are Charlotte or Memphis but I have my doubts with either agreeing to take on that length of contract. Charlotte deal would involve Batum and Memphis deal would involve Parsons.

At the beginning of the year I thought Sacramento, Atlanta, or Chicago could be prime candidates but I think Atlanta is developing faster than expected although still a ways away and Chicago and Sac went and got their overpaid SF's in Barnes & Porter. Both upgrades over Wigg

Other teams that come to mind are Phoenix, Cleveland or New Orleans but it would probably require us giving up at least 1 1st for them to take on the contract. No way any team trying to contend now or within the next 2 years traded for Wiggins.

Charlotte and Phoenix are the first two that come to my mind
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
McHalesBurner
Junior
And1: 499

Post#164 » by McHalesBurner » Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:53 am

Any chance he would accept 20 million per year as a buyout? This guy needs to go!
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#165 » by YaleS » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:31 am

McHalesBurner wrote:Any chance he would accept 20 million per year as a buyout? This guy needs to go!

Would you accept 20 mil when you are guaranteed 150 mil? I really don`t see a way out, as we have to attach a big asset in order to get rid of him and thats a horrible idea for a team in our position. I guess we will watch him another 4 years.

PS: Thinking about what kind of team can profit from acquaring Wiggs cuts the list so short. It has to be a team absolutly commited to tanking 3-4 years, 76`s version 2.0. With the recent draft odds changes I don`t see 4 years of tanking as a valid strategy for anyone to be honest.
JDthrillinger
Sophomore

Post#166 » by JDthrillinger » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:42 am

Wiggins & our 1st for K Love

Who says no???

And then....wait for it...
Jazz sign & trade Rubio for Teague

The boys are back in town!

Rubio/Tyus
Okogie/Rose
Covington/Bates-Diop
Love/L Deng
KAT/Tolliver

Timberwolves- take all my money for tickets next year!!!
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#167 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:42 am

McHalesBurner wrote:Any chance he would accept 20 million per year as a buyout? This guy needs to go!

Might as well bench him first for the rest of the season and the first ten games of next season. Then ask him what he thinks.

Meanwhile someone that will give you their best and will be more coachable will be playing and Wolves would still have their draft pick..
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#168 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:50 am

JDthrillinger wrote:Wiggins & our 1st for K Love

Who says no???

Rubio/Tyus
Okogie/Rose
Covington/Bates-Diop
Love/L Deng
KAT/Tolliver

I get this sounds good in your head and I would love to say more. But I'm just going to answer your question. No.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect
And1: 381

Post#169 » by GI_Slow » Sat Mar 2, 2019 7:17 am

I'm betting on Ernie Grunfeld & the Wizards take him for Beal, guy is definitely stupid enough to do it if we attach Saric or something else to it. It'd be like the bootleg Kawhi for DeRozan trade.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,966

Post#170 » by Domejandro » Sat Mar 2, 2019 8:04 am

JDthrillinger wrote:Wiggins & our 1st for K Love

Who says no???

Rubio/Tyus
Okogie/Rose
Covington/Bates-Diop
Love/L Deng
KAT/Tolliver

Sold yesterday, albeit Anthony Tolliver is getting the **** out of here.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#171 » by Killboard » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:12 pm

Neeva wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:Remember the old days when people actually thought Wiggins would be better than LaVine? Those days seem so long ago...

You mean the he’s just 21, he’s just 22 apologists no one is using the age as an excuse anymore.

Lavine at least can shoot and acts like he cares, but he is a worse defensive player than wiggins. I think he is better than Wiggins, but max him would have been a mistake too.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#172 » by Murphs56 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:31 pm

I'm still debating whether there's some kind of injury. To be allergic to dunking with all his athletic gifts is one of the strangest things I've seen.
JDthrillinger
Sophomore

Post#173 » by JDthrillinger » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:52 pm

I think he doesn't dunk to keep the spotlight off of him so people don't expect greatness out of him
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#174 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 2, 2019 8:21 pm

Murphs56 wrote:I'm still debating whether there's some kind of injury. To be allergic to dunking with all his athletic gifts is one of the strangest things I've seen.

Back problems can/will hold anyone back. Could be something like that.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#175 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 2, 2019 8:23 pm

GI_Slow wrote:I'm betting on Ernie Grunfeld & the Wizards take him for Beal, guy is definitely stupid enough to do it if we attach Saric or something else to it. It'd be like the bootleg Kawhi for DeRozan trade.
Do it.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#176 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 2, 2019 8:25 pm

Someone find the loophole to get out from under him.
GRMIKE
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#177 » by GRMIKE » Sat Mar 2, 2019 9:03 pm

KAT couldn't win with butler, rubio. lavine couldn't do his thing (not enough ball). teague goes from borderline all star to trade filler. maybe towns is the problem.
GRMIKE
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#178 » by GRMIKE » Sat Mar 2, 2019 9:11 pm

wiggins averaged 35/8/5 vs okc (2w), played awesome against utah, lakers (w lebron), portland, boston, golden state. but he goes 15-55 vs memphis, 4-16 vs lac, 10-28 vs orlando. he is better than this.
McHalesBurner
Junior
And1: 499

Post#179 » by McHalesBurner » Sat Mar 2, 2019 11:01 pm

If Michael Corleone owned the Wolves, Wiggins would be having an unfortunate fishing accident about now.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#180 » by theGreatRC » Sun Mar 3, 2019 6:25 am

I hate that i'm borderline toxic on this forum nowadays when it comes to Wiggins, but I can't stand him anymore, i'm sorry guys

I thought I would hate Jimmy more, but at least Jimmy played hard even when he heard the boos in the arena(on games he decided to play)..Wiggins is cool with sucking as long as the checks keep coming.

Guys we should keep are KAT/Cov because they are ballers & Cov is on a great contract. I'd keep Josh/Tyus/Saric too unless a great deal comes along.

We need a new starting PG, SG & PF for next year, unless Dario somehow gets his head out his ass or Josh takes the next step and slides into the starting sg spot.

In a perfect world, i'd go after an aggressive scoring PG, but doesn't have tunnel vision. A guy like Kemba would be a dream, Jrue Holiday would be good too if we had Tyus run point.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves