2019 NBA Draft

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

GeekFreak
Sophomore
And1: 29

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 

Post#2161 » by GeekFreak » Sat May 25, 2019 4:35 am

KGdaBom wrote:
GeekFreak wrote:Dario Saric has little skill as well. He can't finish at the basket, he has a flat shot that needs to be completely reworked. If your skills are on point you don't need to be super athletic, his skills are not on point.

Geek no offense intended at all, but where are you coming up with these thoughts on Saric. He's not highly athletic, but he is highly skilled per every scouting report. Find me any reputable source that thinks his shot is broken. He got off to a slow start in Philly this year, but oOn the Wolves last year he shot 46% 38% and 88%. Last year he shot 46,39, and 86. That is not indicative of a broken shot. I think you are looking at some other player and mixing him up with Saric.

46% shooting for a power forward is abysmal. The guy is a horrible basketball player.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#2162 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 25, 2019 4:49 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Just this year. I do not rate the prospects apart from maybe Bol Bol as hit or miss prospect. I don't think it's worth paying for the 11th when I see him being no different to a second rounder that could be a fit guy for Rosas'.
KGdaBom wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:I really hope we trade out of the first round.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app

You want us to have no first round picks? Do you mean for a bunch of second round picks? Of do you mean for a player. I guess if we can get Beal I would be fine with that. :D

So to make this clear to me you are proposing we trade our first round pick and not get a lower first round pick, but get as many second round picks as we can acquire. Is this correct?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#2163 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 25, 2019 4:53 am

GeekFreak wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
GeekFreak wrote:Dario Saric has little skill as well. He can't finish at the basket, he has a flat shot that needs to be completely reworked. If your skills are on point you don't need to be super athletic, his skills are not on point.

Geek no offense intended at all, but where are you coming up with these thoughts on Saric. He's not highly athletic, but he is highly skilled per every scouting report. Find me any reputable source that thinks his shot is broken. He got off to a slow start in Philly this year, but on the Wolves last year he shot 46% 38% and 88%. Last year he shot 46,39, and 86. That is not indicative of a broken shot. I think you are looking at some other player and mixing him up with Saric.

46% shooting for a power forward is abysmal. The guy is a horrible basketball player.

Paul George first team all NBA forward and top three finalist for MVP shot 44% this season. Abysmal. He is a horrible basketball player and I'm sure glad we don't have him. Now he did play more SF than PF, but he played both. The reason his shooting % was below the abysmal 46% was because he took a lot of threes. Guess what? Saric took a lot of threes. With the Wolves last year he shot 51% on twos. George shot 48% on twos. EFG 53% for George and 54% for Saric. So is he maybe not abysmal? Your unfounded bias against Saric is clouding your brain. George and Saric are almost identical size and weight.
How about Blake Griffin? Third team all NBA Power Forward. His FG% 46. Abysmal. Sure glad we don't have him.

I asked for your supporting documentation of Saric's complete lack of basketball skills and his broken shot. Have you found that yet? I'm prepared to wait for it until hell freezes over.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#2164 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat May 25, 2019 4:56 am

Negative. Obtain a first for next year should be the aim.
KGdaBom wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:Just this year. I do not rate the prospects apart from maybe Bol Bol as hit or miss prospect. I don't think it's worth paying for the 11th when I see him being no different to a second rounder that could be a fit guy for Rosas'.
KGdaBom wrote:You want us to have no first round picks? Do you mean for a bunch of second round picks? Of do you mean for a player. I guess if we can get Beal I would be fine with that. :D

So to make this clear to me you are proposing we trade our first round pick and not get a lower first round pick, but get as many second round picks as we can acquire. Is this correct?

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#2165 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 25, 2019 5:00 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Negative. Obtain a first for next year should be the aim.
KGdaBom wrote:

WOW just give up our first round pick and bank for next year. Interesting. 1% chance of happening.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#2166 » by minimus » Sat May 25, 2019 6:25 am

Read on Twitter

Hmmm. NAW is ambidextrous. He is my top choice at 11.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#2167 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat May 25, 2019 7:46 am

Two first rounders. Better draft. No Teague, one year of Dieng am I missing something?
KGdaBom wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:So to make this clear to me you are proposing we trade our first round pick and not get a lower first round pick, but get as many second round picks as we can acquire. Is this correct?

WOW just give up our first round pick and bank for next year. Interesting. 1% chance of happening.

GeekFreak
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#2168 » by GeekFreak » Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:
GeekFreak wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Geek no offense intended at all, but where are you coming up with these thoughts on Saric. He's not highly athletic, but he is highly skilled per every scouting report. Find me any reputable source that thinks his shot is broken. He got off to a slow start in Philly this year, but on the Wolves last year he shot 46% 38% and 88%. Last year he shot 46,39, and 86. That is not indicative of a broken shot. I think you are looking at some other player and mixing him up with Saric.

Paul George first team all NBA forward and top three finalist for MVP shot 44% this season. Abysmal. He is a horrible basketball player and I'm sure glad we don't have him. Now he did play more SF than PF, but he played both. The reason his shooting % was below the abysmal 46% was because he took a lot of threes. Guess what? Saric took a lot of threes. With the Wolves last year he shot 51% on twos. George shot 48% on twos. EFG 53% for George and 54% for Saric. So is he maybe not abysmal? Your unfounded bias against Saric is clouding your brain. George and Saric are almost identical size and weight.
How about Blake Griffin? Third team all NBA Power Forward. His FG% 46. Abysmal. Sure glad we don't have him.

I asked for your supporting documentation of Saric's complete lack of basketball skills and his broken shot. Have you found that yet? I'm prepared to wait for it until hell freezes over.

First of all you lied about the 46% shooting, I looked up his stats and it was 43% last year as is his career percentage. Paul George and Blake Griffin are primary scorers for their team that have to take a lot of tough contested shots. I've watched every Timberwolves game last year and Dario was mostly shooting right at the rim or open 3's that weren't heavily contested since he is a secondary scorer for his team. If Dario was a primary scorer who had to force tough shots I can only imagine the abysmal futility.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#2169 » by Norseman79 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Aside from a trade or someone really dropping, I am ready to say I want NAW at 11. I have no doubt in his ability to run an offense, I wonder about his lateral quickness to guard opposing pg's, but from switchability standpoint, he seems to check boxes.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#2170 » by wesleyt95 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Norseman79 wrote:Aside from a trade or someone really dropping, I am ready to say I want NAW at 11. I have no doubt in his ability to run an offense, I wonder about his lateral quickness to guard opposing pg's, but from switchability standpoint, he seems to check boxes.

What makes you so sure he can be a full time pg?
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#2171 » by Norseman79 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:34 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:Aside from a trade or someone really dropping, I am ready to say I want NAW at 11. I have no doubt in his ability to run an offense, I wonder about his lateral quickness to guard opposing pg's, but from switchability standpoint, he seems to check boxes.

Part of it is just trusting scouts. He seems humble, has good vision, knocks down the outside shot. His handle is a plus, he seems comfortable filling a role and not being ball dominant.

I would never see him turning into a Dame Lillard, Westbrook, Curry type of PG.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#2172 » by Merc_Porto » Sat May 25, 2019 3:02 pm

If he decides to enter the NBA draft, my country is finally have a player in the NBA, the first.
Maybe we should after him with the second round pick ;)

Im talking about Neemias.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#2173 » by wesleyt95 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Norseman79 wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:

Part of it is just trusting scouts. He seems humble, has good vision, knocks down the outside shot. His handle is a plus, he seems comfortable filling a role and not being ball dominant.

I think a Dame-Curry type is exactly what we need
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#2174 » by Norseman79 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:26 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:What makes you so sure he can be a full time pg?

I think a Dame-Curry type is exactly what we need

So does every other team who doesn't have one.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#2175 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Two first rounders. Better draft. No Teague, one year of Dieng am I missing something?
KGdaBom wrote:

You're not missing anything. I said it was an interesting concept. Teams very seldom trade a lottery pick this year for a first next year. I think it is highly unlikely.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#2176 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 25, 2019 4:17 pm

GeekFreak wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
GeekFreak wrote:46% shooting for a power forward is abysmal. The guy is a horrible basketball player.

First of all you lied about the 46% shooting, I looked up his stats and it was 43% last year as is his career percentage. Paul George and Blake Griffin are primary scorers for their team that have to take a lot of tough contested shots. I've watched every Timberwolves game last year and Dario was mostly shooting right at the rim or open 3's that weren't heavily contested since he is a secondary scorer for his team. If Dario was a primary scorer who had to force tough shots I can only imagine the abysmal futility.

I didn't lie. I said I was using his % with the Wolves. It was .454 I rounded up. Regardless of that you said 46% is ABYSMAL. 46% is not ABYSMAL. You move the goalposts as soon as I show how ridiculous your 46% is abysmal statement is. Now it's OK to have a 46% or even a 44% if you are a primary scorer. I don't care if you are a primary scorer you shouldn't be FORCING tough shots.

I have asked you to provide any other source than yourself that agrees with Saric having very little skill and having a broken shot. You haven't been able to provide even one. You are in your own little Hate Dario Saric club.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#2177 » by minimus » Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:

It does not make me sure, however, it might be combination of his shooting, ballhandling, decision making, size, slashing ability, potentially can be average defender.
yawner
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#2178 » by yawner » Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

minimus wrote:
Foye wrote:All of this mess wouldve never happened if we selected Murray over Dunn which to me was a fairly obvious decision.

We would roll with a Murray-LaVine-Wiggins-Markkanen(or someone else)-Towns lineup for the next 5 years at least, continue to improve and eventually make a strong playoff push.

While absolutely garbage on D, that offensive firepower would‘ve been insane.

Yeah, interesting! That bad choice when we drafted Dunn over Murray might have been that little stone that made whole pyramide falling apart. Because Dunn could not co-exist with Rubio, AW. Murray could play both SG/PG in MIN and benefit from some high level passing from Rubio. Rubio could benefit from having another shooter. Then no Rubio trade, no Butler trade. Bjelica re-signs. Tyus re-signs....

:banghead:

I disagree. Had the Wolves picked Murray, he would be a Chicago Bulls player right now.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#2179 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 25, 2019 7:59 pm

yawner wrote:
minimus wrote:
Foye wrote:All of this mess wouldve never happened if we selected Murray over Dunn which to me was a fairly obvious decision.

We would roll with a Murray-LaVine-Wiggins-Markkanen(or someone else)-Towns lineup for the next 5 years at least, continue to improve and eventually make a strong playoff push.

While absolutely garbage on D, that offensive firepower would‘ve been insane.

Yeah, interesting! That bad choice when we drafted Dunn over Murray might have been that little stone that made whole pyramide falling apart. Because Dunn could not co-exist with Rubio, AW. Murray could play both SG/PG in MIN and benefit from some high level passing from Rubio. Rubio could benefit from having another shooter. Then no Rubio trade, no Butler trade. Bjelica re-signs. Tyus re-signs....

:banghead:

I disagree. Had the Wolves picked Murray, he would be a Chicago Bulls player right now.

I doubt that. Chicago was all hot and bothered for Dunn.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,196

Post#2180 » by Neeva » Sat May 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Nwa is almost 21:/ I am not sure why he is getting hyped, he looks like he will be an average role player.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves