Re: 2019 NBA Draft 

Post#381 » by minimus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Read on Twitter
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#382 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Any interest in Sekou Doumbouya from France?
Has he been discussed? I can find very little footage on him.

We need a young wing to replace Wiggins, and bring Wigs off the bench. I think the only reason he is still a starter is because Glen would confirm what KG said about him, "he don't know sh*t about basketball." And giving Wiggins that contract proves it.
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#383 » by alabamawolf » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Any interest in Sekou Doumbouya from France?

We need a young wing to replace Wiggins, and bring Wigs off the bench. I think the only reason he is still a starter is because Glen would confirm what KG said about him, "he don't know sh*t about basketball." And giving Wiggins that contract proves it.

He has and he’s an intriguing prospect but he’s more of a long term replacement for Covington than Wiggins imo
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#384 » by Killboard » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 pm

theGreatRC wrote:
alabamawolf wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
Feel like his energy has been sapped as the season went on.

He recently had a 3 steal, 3 block game (Against NY I think), but he's been too sloppy and over aggressive.

He also doesn't attack the rim as strong as he was when the season was fresh, so I really think his "non stop" energy is starting to deplete.

I've been pretty disappointed since the all-star break in Josh too, but he's still a rook being trusted to guard the opponent's best perimeter player every night

It’s not uncommon for rookies to hit a wall. 82 games is a grind and he will be much improved after an off-season to work on his deficiencies

For sure, was just responding to Dom's opinion of Okogie being a poor defensive player.

I think he's a really strong individual defender, but I think 82 game fatigue is starting to get to him and he's just been very very sloppy lately

I think he lacks composure but he also is 19 years old. I think he has good instincts and physical tools as is proven for the DRTG when Tyus and him share the lineup. I'm positive about him getting it in a couple of seasons.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#385 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 pm

alabamawolf wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Any interest in Sekou Doumbouya from France?

He has and he’s an intriguing prospect but he’s more of a long term replacement for Covington than Wiggins imo

At 6'9 230 I would plug him in at SF and shift Wiggins to the SG or bench. RoCo can slide to the 4 for a quicker lineup.
Also, I am willing to wait for him to come along considering we got a ways to go before KAT starts to get discouraged.
Plus I don't rookies that are going to make an impact after the top 5 go. It's a crapshoot, and we can't afford to miss.
Okogie, KDB should be key role players.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#386 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 am

If we draft a 4 does this mean we move Saric?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,953

Post#387 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 am

wesleyt95 wrote:If we draft a 4 does this mean we move Saric?

No. There are 15 players on a team. Currently we have one PF under contract next year.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#388 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:04 am

Klomp wrote:

No. There are 15 players on a team. Currently we have one PF under contract next year.

I know how many roster spots there are, our team has holes
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#389 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:07 am

Oh I know, you guys would rather wait a season and ignore that fact and watch Saric and Teague walk as well leaving our franchise with nothing to show for it
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#390 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 am

Denver probably won't bring back Millsap

Saric for Monte Morris
Draft Brandon Clarke
Let KBD and Reynolds fill in forward spots off bench
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#391 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 am

wesleyt95 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

wesleyt95 wrote:Oh I know, you guys would rather wait a season and ignore that fact and watch Saric and Teague walk as well leaving our franchise with nothing to show for it

If Saric is in jeopardy of leaving, doesn't that mean we also would have holes to fill at PF? What other PFs are going to be on the roster?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#392 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Klomp wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
Klomp wrote:No. There are 15 players on a team. Currently we have one PF under contract next year.

wesleyt95 wrote:Oh I know, you guys would rather wait a season and ignore that fact and watch Saric and Teague walk as well leaving our franchise with nothing to show for it

If Saric is in jeopardy of leaving, doesn't that mean we also would have holes to fill at PF? What other PFs are going to be on the roster?

Not if we made him before it gets to that point, we could get our pg and pf for the future; we need a better athlete/defender next to Towns
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#393 » by Foye » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:46 am

The 8th pick is still possible.

Just gotta lose enough.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#394 » by Dewey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:12 pm

This team will look drastically different next year ... I just hope we can get 1-2 cornerstone players to go with KAT whether its through trades, draft, FA, etc... Whoever the GM is moving forward will have a massive role in how this team shapes itself up for the rest of KAT's tenure.

We still do not have that goto player on the perimeter. They tried to pound sand with wiggins and I think we all know that experiment is over and has ended quite sadley ... 4 years and declining. Okogi, RoCo, or any of our PG's are goto guys either.

I assume we will go after the best SG available ... shooter, scorer, good ball-handling skills, and some level of defense. Should be able to find a big in the second round who can rebound and block a few shots. My biggest fear is the possibility of having to package our FRP to move Wiggins.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#395 » by Killboard » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Dewey wrote:This team will look drastically different next year ... I just hope we can get 1-2 cornerstone players to go with KAT whether its through trades, draft, FA, etc... Whoever the GM is moving forward will have a massive role in how this team shapes itself up for the rest of KAT's tenure.

We still do not have that goto player on the perimeter. They tried to pound sand with wiggins and I think we all know that experiment is over and has ended quite sadley ... 4 years and declining. Okogi, RoCo, or any of our PG's are goto guys either.

I assume we will go after the best SG available ... shooter, scorer, good ball-handling skills, and some level of defense. Should be able to find a big in the second round who can rebound and block a few shots. My biggest fear is the possibility of having to package our FRP to move Wiggins.

Maybe is a little high for the 10~ pick, but the best shooter in the draft when factoring age is Herro. His 3pt shot stats aren't incredible, but his FT% and 2pt% combined put him in a very select group. It is important because FT% is often used as measure of nba 3pt % with more success than 3pt% in college, and 2pt% is a good indicator of shot creation since most of this shots are at the rim or off the dribble. He also seems to be a smart defender and has good rebounding numbers, which could be indicator of good athleticism.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#396 » by KGdaBom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Domejandro wrote:Minnesota has to trade up to get Darius Garland, I really think he is a missing piece, he has future star written all over him.

If you're judgment is correct we should do it. Of course I haven't watched a college game yet this year. Maybe I'll watch an NCAA tournament game.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#397 » by KGdaBom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Foye wrote:The 8th pick is still possible.

Just gotta lose enough.

#1 is possible.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#398 » by Klomp » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Foye wrote:The 8th pick is still possible.

Just gotta lose enough.

#1 is possible.

When stuff is phrased like that, they're likely talking about the 8th-best odds. Obviously the top pick is possible, we all know that.

SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#399 » by SmokeyPaw » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:51 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Minnesota has to trade up to get Darius Garland, I really think he is a missing piece, he has future star written all over him.

If you're judgment is correct we should do it. Of course I haven't watched a college game yet this year. Maybe I'll watch an NCAA tournament game.

You wont see Garland, he's been hurt since game 5.
wolfen
Senior
And1: 216

Post#400 » by wolfen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:53 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:Denver probably won't bring back Millsap

Saric for Monte Morris
Draft Brandon Clarke
Let KBD and Reynolds fill in forward spots off bench

Millsap is on the hook for 1 more year, plus they've got a slew of other PF/SF type on their squad, some of which are young and cheap. That being said, Monte freaking Morris can start on my Wolves any damn day of the week, but I don't see any trade possibility to nab him. My gawd they got him for cheap. 3 years @ 1.3 a year. Our only cheap assets are Okogie and Bates-Diop and there's no way they trade possibly the best backup PG in the league on the best contract in the league for either of those players, especially since their roster is set 2 deep at the SG and SF positions.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves