The Dario Šarić thread: "Super Dario"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,921

Re: The Dario Šarić thread: "Super Dario" 

Post#121 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:05 am

Jedzz wrote:Cool, so did he do well in the 4th this game?

Only 1-4 shooting in his second half stint, but 4 rebounds
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#122 » by Jedzz » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:36 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Cool, so did he do well in the 4th this game?

Only 1-4 shooting in his second half stint, but 4 rebounds

I'd like to see Thibs experiment a bit with having him start since he and Taj are so close in Minutes. I maybe don't expect Thibs to do it but I would like to see that once or twice and see how he responds. Want to keep him engaged.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,842

Post#123 » by life_saver » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:41 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Speaking generally here. Last two games Saric has been sort of taking a backseat to Taj time. Two games back he came off the bench so cold from sitting so long he was doing stretches before the inbound. That game he made a massive difference late in the 2nd H.

How much did he play in the second half of the Hornets game and how was he then? I'll have to rewatch the game somewhere to see the 2nd H. He seemed a little rustier than normal early in this game, a little standing around more with his few minutes early on. Shot wasn't as crisp or wasn't as immediate as usual. I hope he doesn't lose too many minutes and lose desire for it.

25/21 split of minutes in Gibson's favor. Saric had 8/7 to Gibson's 11/10.

It's a pretty similar rotation to what we've seen lately. Gibson starts the game and plays the first 8-10 minutes. Saric closes out the quarter and plays about half of the 4th quarter. Same story in second half, though I believe he's been willing to stick with Saric longer at the end of games.

Cool, so did he do well in the 4th this game?

Yep he did well...some nice passes and most importantly his rebounding was pretty good...had 2 offensive rebounds & 7 rebounds on the whole...also it was Saric who finished the game instead of Taj...KAT-Saric looks like a pretty good front court combo
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,842

Post#124 » by life_saver » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Saw this on twitter..Saric on difference between offense run at Sixers vs Thibs offense-

Read on Twitter
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#125 » by minimus » Mon Apr 8, 2019 7:43 am

One very underrated aspect of Dario's game is that when he postups or cuts he usually tries to seal, lock his defender, which means that his defender CANT rotate and help in defense against KAT and others our players. At the moment he is our most physical player, which sounds strange when we have KAT, Wiggins, Okogie in roster. But Saric gives a lot more effort to fight for position, rebound, to get open and finally to seal opponent, exaust him.

Second important thing is that Dario is used as passer from top of 3pt arc when we running plays. It is similar to Draymond Green role in GSW, when both Klay and Steph running through screens to get open. As result we can mitigate lack of quality ballhandlers by executing, cutting and passing better. For instance KBD is already very solid moving off the ball. We still dont have proven shooters. But the whole thing might work as soon as we
a) build some chemistry and trust
b) add/develop shooters

Some numbers:

As starter Darios averages:
12ppg, 5.5rpg, 1.6apg on 47% fg, 41% 3pt. Almost no blocks.

To me he fits well his role. He should play more or less minutes depending on matchups, since he is not full time PF, so we need a complimentry player at PF that can block shots and provide some weakside help and rim defense. I think that the main question now is his next contract. Numbers cant reflect how much croatian brings to this team, but I would like to see our GM negotiationg well with him. And this is absolutely not Glen, or Ryan job.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves