Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Re: The Dario Šarić thread: "Super Dario" 

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:24 pm

upriser7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Per this report Thibs and Brand didn't make the deal. It was Taylor and Harris.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#24 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 pm

upriser7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He should be starting. Maybe not day one but soon.
SixersMS
Junior
And1: 99

Post#25 » by SixersMS » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Fans in Minnesota are going to turn on him quick he's absolutely pathetic on defense, very slow footed, very limited athletically, and can't even come close to creating his own shot. He has regressed this year quite a bit.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,849

Post#26 » by life_saver » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:30 pm

SixersMS wrote:Fans in Minnesota are going to turn on him quick he's absolutely pathetic on defense, very slow footed, very limited athletically, and can't even come close to creating his own shot. He has regressed this year quite a bit.

Fans in Minnesota haven't turned on Wiggins yet...so Dario should be fine lol...don't think fans have high expectations after this trade anyway...as long as the players on court give effort and make it competitive, it should atleast be fine I guess...moreover Dario might need some time to adjust to new city , teammates and a coach like Thibs
SixersMS
Junior

Post#27 » by SixersMS » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:33 pm

upriser7 wrote:
SixersMS wrote:Fans in Minnesota are going to turn on him quick he's absolutely pathetic on defense, very slow footed, very limited athletically, and can't even come close to creating his own shot. He has regressed this year quite a bit.

Fans in Minnesota haven't turned on Wiggins yet...so Dario should be fine lol...don't think fans have high expectations after this trade anyway...as long as the players on court give effort and make it competitive, it should atleast be fine I guess...moreover Dario might need some time to adjust to new city , teammates and a coach like Thibs

He's a nice guy just very limited ...he's only shooting 30% from 3-point land this year and the scoring average is down 3 points. Teams have figured out how to play him and he doesn't have the athletic ability to adjust. I'll be pulling for him he's a nice guy.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#28 » by Dewey » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:44 pm

SixersMS wrote:
upriser7 wrote:

He's a nice guy just very limited ...he's only shooting 30% from 3-point land this year and the scoring average is down 3 points. Teams have figured out how to play him and he doesn't have the athletic ability to adjust. I'll be pulling for him he's a nice guy.

.... just as long as he gives the effort, i dont care if he's "athletic". Maybe I'm wrong but he reminds me of Bjelica ... not overly athletic but learned where to be for open shots, decent passer, learned to play decent help defense. Then we didnt resign him :roll:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
life_saver
General Manager

Post#29 » by life_saver » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:46 pm

SixersMS wrote:
upriser7 wrote:

comeon...you cannot use 10games as sample size and say that his shooting is down...10 games is a very small sample size..every player will have 10-20 games stretch where either they shoot much above their career averages or much below their career averages.. KAT's EFG% over last 3 seasons have been 56%, 58%, 60%..but so far this season his EFG% has been 53%...much below his career average...but that doesn't necessarily mean that his shooting has regressed or anything...need to wait for atleast half the season or for entire season to even come to a conclusion.
SixersMS
Junior

Post#30 » by SixersMS » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Dewey wrote:
SixersMS wrote:
upriser7 wrote:Fans in Minnesota haven't turned on Wiggins yet...so Dario should be fine lol...don't think fans have high expectations after this trade anyway...as long as the players on court give effort and make it competitive, it should atleast be fine I guess...moreover Dario might need some time to adjust to new city , teammates and a coach like Thibs

.... just as long as he gives the effort, i dont care if he's "athletic". Maybe I'm wrong but he reminds me of Bjelica ... not overly athletic but learned where to be for open shots, decent passer, learned to play decent help defense. Then we didnt resign him :roll:

with the great Ben Simmons & the great Joel embiid on the floor drawing double and triple teams ...he had a wide open shots ....time to set his feet and he can still only shoot 30% this year. Like I say he's a very likeable young man I hope he does well but you're going to get frustrated with him.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#31 » by life_saver » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:03 pm

SixersMS wrote:
Dewey wrote:
SixersMS wrote:

with the great Ben Simmons & the great Joel embiid on the floor drawing double and triple teams ...he had a wide open shots ....time to set his feet and he can still only shoot 30% this year. Like I say he's a very likeable young man I hope he does well but you're going to get frustrated with him.

don't worry...KAT does draw double teams...only problem is we din't have players to make use of it. RoCo, Saric should be helpful in this aspect
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#32 » by FireMorey » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Don't listen to SixersMS, he seems to have a habit of going around and bashing ex-Sixers and laughing at other teams. Saric is going to be a big fan favorite there. Very few Sixers fans were ever frustrated with him. On certain plays and games maybe, but overall he was beloved here.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#33 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 pm

LOL you accused me of trolling. I've seen many examples of Saric creating his own shot. He is good at posting up and backing down and driving to the basket. As for his regression small sample size. I will go with his last two games and he is better now than he has ever been.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#34 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 pm

ProcessTrusta wrote:Don't listen to SixersMS, he seems to have a habit of going around and bashing ex-Sixers and laughing at other teams. Saric is going to be a big fan favorite there. Very few Sixers fans were ever frustrated with him. On certain plays and games maybe, but overall he was beloved here.

Thanks ProcessTrusta.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#35 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:58 pm

Read on Twitter
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#36 » by King Malta » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 pm

ProcessTrusta wrote:Don't listen to SixersMS, he seems to have a habit of going around and bashing ex-Sixers and laughing at other teams. Saric is going to be a big fan favorite there. Very few Sixers fans were ever frustrated with him. On certain plays and games maybe, but overall he was beloved here.

Not sure why anyone's bothering with him tbh, he's clearly here to stick the boots in and have a laugh.

The majority of your fans that have come over have been pretty cool, and it seems like Dario is well liked. Question, what is the general feeling around his ceiling and scope for improvement?
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#37 » by FireMorey » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:06 am

King Malta wrote:

Not sure why anyone's bothering with him tbh, he's clearly here to stick the boots in and have a laugh.

The majority of your fans that have come over have been pretty cool, and it seems like Dario is well liked. Question, what is the general feeling around his ceiling and scope for improvement?

I don't think Saric has a super high ceiling, because he's not overly athletic and isn't really a raw talent. He's quite polished already. I think he can improve, but I don't think he will get way better. I think his shooting can improve. He plays a lot of international ball during the summer, so he usually starts seasons slow and with tired legs. Did it last season, and it is happening again this season. He usually gets a second wind and is fine the rest of the way. The biggest issue with his shot is when they aren't going in they are short and flat. You can usually tell if he'll nail a shot the second he releases it. If it has arc it's going in. If it's flat, it'll be short.

I think if there's one area he can polish it is his post moves. He has some, is a good passer, but can be a little more consistent there. He's more of a face up player right now.

But he has excellent awareness, he's a good passer, knows how and when to cut and set screens. All that stuff he's good at. I always thought he'd be a very solid starter in the NBA for any team, but would be an elite bench player. Problem is, he tends to not play as well when he doesn't start and get involved early. Why? No idea.

He is pretty consistent. Doesn't usually have games where he's totally invisible. If he's not shooting well, he'll find a way to contribute. If he does shoot well, he could drop 25 on an opponent on any given game. He carried the Sixers as a rookie down the stretch when Embiid got hurt.
SixersMS
Junior

Post#38 » by SixersMS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:09 am

KGdaBom wrote:

LOL you accused me of trolling. I've seen many examples of Saric creating his own shot. He is good at posting up and backing down and driving to the basket. As for his regression small sample size. I will go with his last two games and he is better now than he has ever been.

You'll be disappointed trust me
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#39 » by SexDrugsPnR » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:25 am

Man I will miss Dario. This guy is a winner and a hard worker. Even though he was having another slow start, I think he will be among the league's best 3pt shooters from the PF spot this year. He's not as streaky as Covington (once he overcomes his usual slump at the beginning). There was a time last year where you just knew that every shot he took would go in. He's also a fantastic FT shooter and has some flashy passes in him. Plus he gives awesome interviews.
I just wonder whether he will adjust quickly. Dario strikes me as a family man, someone who needs a lot of stability in order to reach his full potential on the court. I'm sure the trade was quite a shock for him and he might take a while to mesh with his new team and adjust to his new surroundings.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#40 » by bobbeaver » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:21 pm

One thing that was not stated that he has real grit. A blue collor player. He gets alot of rebounds despite lack of athleticism and shott arms. He is a winner and has heart. He always gives it his all. He was well loved in Philly.
One note he ALWAYS starts the year slow and goes up peaking around PO.

Someone asked about his cealing. Well in reality we dont know. Athleticism hinders him. But he has the IQ and talent. For example year 1. He shot 31% 3pt for the year. Everyone said he is a poormans Simmons cause his game need for the ball to be in his game to be effective. And he was a very good passer and offensive catalist mind you. So ppl said he wount fit and wount develope the game, meaning primarily his 3 pt shot, to a decent level. Not only did he overacheave by shooting 38.8% for the year (41% without the slump at the beginning of the season i believe), but changed his game to fit Biids game style, who is always down low, to get rebounds, along with to get 4.5 assists per game to ball dominant Simmons.
His 3pt pct improved even with being closely guarded, especially in PO.
His overall efficiency also improved.
And he improved all of this, even his driving and post game, during the season exponentialy. There were no dips. It just went up.
For many he infact overacheaved and for some surpassed the expected ceeling.
So i think he still can improves his shot, creating his own shot, finishing at the rim and post moves, passing, along with his D ofcourse. Even ball handeling if he is let to play the more playmaker type.
This is why i can safely say i dont know where his limits are and how much he can grow. All i know is he is surprising people. I think he still has ways to grow to be the Kukoc type player he wants and can be. But im excited to find out.

One thing to add is he makes people around him better because he tends to be the soul of the locker room, along with his tenacity on the court.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves